User Tag List

Page 102 of 265 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

x-post

I saw Star Wars I in 3D. I don't know if it's because I've seen it before several times and know when to ignore Jar Jar, but the 3D made it a lot more exciting.

Basically every criticism of the prequels is the exact criticism I have of anime: bad characterization, muddled plots, lots of eye candy to marvel at.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Spartacus Vengeance. It was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I watched the first episode of the new Spartacus season yesterday, which was pretty good...now watching Brigada.
    Hell yeah, Spartacus! Though I'm not gonna lie: still not 100% sold on the new guy.

Most of the television shows I watch are admittedly pop garbage. You might check out Community while it's still on hiatus, though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Rewatching this crudely animated 80's high school baseball anime called Touch. The characters feel like real people, the story progresses over their entire high school career, there are no freak out double takes, no tentacles or weird pervy stuff, no forced situational/misunderstanding based comedy. Take that, anime haters!

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Marilyn Munroe and Human Sacrifice

I saw, "My Week with Marilyn", the other day, and I realised I was watching a human sacifice.

We all partook of Marilyn, we consumed her, just as we consume the human sacrifice of Jesus in Communion.

Marilyn Munroe was prepared for human sacrifice from her earliest years by sexual abuse by those she trusted and those who cared for her.

On the road to her final sacrifice, Marilyn was sacrificed to our most famous baseball player and our most famous playwright.

And as Marilyn moved towards her final sacrifice, Marilyn was sacrificed to the lusts of the Attorney General of the United States of America and his brother, the President of the United States of America.

Finally Marilyn was prepared for her final sacifice, and Marilyn didn't shirk, Marilyn took the poisoned soma and gave her all for us.

And Marilyn Munroe died with the smell of child abuse on her breath and the taste of suicide on her tongue, knowing her final sacrifice would make her immortal.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Hell yeah, Spartacus! Though I'm not gonna lie: still not 100% sold on the new guy.
    I agree, I mean he's good, but he lacks that sort of charm that Andy possessed, and more often than not I find myself imagining Andy in his role instead.

Senior Member Array

I spent quite a while writing a very long, very nice post about the BBC series Sherlock detailing why I think it's so great but apparently the forum software disagrees, hence it proverbially 'ate' my post.

So, er, watch Sherlock if you ever get the chance, and fuck you very much vBulletin.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I went to the cinema with a good friend today and watched The Dangerous Method. I found it thought provoking and it inspired me to check out Otto Gross (Is he a xNFx E4 by any chance?). Has anyone read the book and watched the film? I want to know if the film has been glamourized for the big screen and to find out it isn't a true representation would annoy me slightly. Or i could just buy the book and find out myself.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Has anyone seen this show? I want to check it out!

[YOUTUBE="XbgUZFHb9QY"]Doomsday Preppers[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Has anyone seen this show? I want to check it out!

[YOUTUBE="XbgUZFHb9QY"]Doomsday Preppers[/YOUTUBE]
    No, I don't get cable in my bunker.

Secret Sex Freak Array Hazashin's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Basically every criticism of the prequels is the exact criticism I have of anime: bad characterization, muddled plots, lots of eye candy to marvel at.
    I hate that so many people think this. The prequel trilogy may not have been made with the primary concern for plot and story and more for special effects and "eye candy", but overall, I think it did what it needed and was enough to make the story and characterizations coherent and genuine. The originals, in my opinion, had a very boring and somewhat cliché plot (you, saving the galaxy and all). I much more enjoyed the tragedy of Anakin's downfall in the prequels than Luke's conquest to save the galaxy.

And it's not like it's because I'm a "new-gen" or whatever. My dad is a huge original Star Wars fan, so I grew up watching the originals several times before watching the prequels. When I watched the prequels, I was amazed how much more I was drawn to the character of Anakin and the whole overall feel than the character of Luke and the overall feel to the originals.

Of course, I won't be surprised that you will probably say something about me being a naive Fi-user or whatever to discredit what I have to say.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥