• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Watched the latest Starship Troopers the other day. It was even worse than the second one, which I hadn't suspected was possible. It's actually getting towards the line where "extremely bad" becomes "so bad it's good". The Cult divide. But it falls short. Jolene Blalock (aka T'Pol) appears looking at least 5 years older than I thought she was, with comically over-botoxed lips. Wait til you see her in profile. Do not watch this movie without a chemical buffer.

In other news, I'm currently watching the TV series The IT Crowd and Flight of the Conchords and loving them both. Especially FotC.

Negative_

I'm watching Pathology atm

It's got that one guy from Heroes in it (who can absorb others' powers), and also that private investigator from House that wants to bang Cuddy.

It's about people who do autopsies (or pathology students? meh, it's irrelevant, anyway...) attempting to do the perfect murder. They'll kill someone and make the other people in their little group figure out exactly how they made the kill, using their super cool autopsy skillz. A bit predictable but I like it so far.

Hopefully there will be boobies.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Eagle vs. Shark. Adorable and funny. 9/10 for uniqueness, among other things.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I wasn't expecting much. It had a dozen or so funny moments and a lot of little amusing parts, but in between lots of filler. Russell Brand stole about every scene he was in. Plot.. nothing special. Decent writing.

Sir. No Sir.

A documentary about the Vietnam era GI anti-war movement. Great interviews. Told a very coherent and very interesting story. Nice cinematography.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I just watched this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXN03vtTVFA"]Savion Glover at the White House[/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE tap dancing. I wish I had learned as a boy.

Mole

Permabanned
Goin' to the Movies

I am just about to walk up to Manuka to see the, "Duchess".

Manuka is the name of a New Zealand bush and you may be wondering why Canberra's premier suburb is named after a Kiwi bush. So you must remember to ask me at another time.

It's a lovely, warm Spring evening and I may have something to eat before the movie.

However I am very susceptible to the movies and I remain inside the movie for as long as twenty minutes after it is over. So I need a very understanding companion to debrief me after the movie is over.

So I thought you would be perfect. And I will debrief with you when the movie is over.

It is now 8 PM and the movie starts at 9 PM. So don't go away and I will be back at 11 PM to tell you all about the, "Duchess".

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Hmmm, I have half an urge to go park myself outside the Manuka cinema at 10 minutes to 11 to see who this Victor is. :)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Couldn't find my night vision binoculars or telephoto lens. :(

What would Veronica Mars say?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well I have to sleep, it's been a looooong night, my goodness! *yawn* lol. I hope to hear back about this Duchess business.

Mole

Permabanned
Well, I must say, I am a little disappointed with, "The Duchess".

But I shouldn't be disappointed because it was a beautifully produced film.

The period was done beautifully. The character acting was excellent. The drama between the desire for wealth and position, and the desire for children, and the desire for love, was played out in front of our very eyes.

But to me, at least, it lacked the creative spark.

It was predictable but most of all, it was special pleading.

It was special pleading from the women's eye view - in particular, the eye of the Duchess.

We saw her desire for position and wealth. We saw her desire for children. And we saw her desire for love. And we saw the conflict she was caught in.

But the price we paid for seeing it through the eyes of the Duchess was that we did not see it through the eyes of the Duke.

The Duke was a cardboard cutout ogre.

This diminished the film and turned it into a sermon - and it was a sermon in the conventional wisdom - and preached to the converted.

In short it was an excellent period piece that was an artistic failure.

So you can see I need your support, not to act out my identification with the characters, but to bear my disappointment.

Still, I love going to the movies. And even a bad movie is a good movie. Thanks for listening.

wolfy

awsm
I am just about to walk up to Manuka to see the, "Duchess".

Manuka is the name of a New Zealand bush and you may be wondering why Canberra's premier suburb is named after a Kiwi bush. So you must remember to ask me at another time.

So the planner of the area thought NZ might join the Confederation of Australasia...

Pity the movie sucked. Better luck next time.

Mole

Permabanned
So the planner of the area thought NZ might join the Confederation of Australasia...

Look Wolfy, I'll tell ya, but you must keep it quiet, particularly in New Zealand - you must be discrete. Because New Zealand is part of our Constitution. So New Zealand could join us tomorrow if she wished.

Kiwis are very sensitive about their independence so we never mention this in front of them - and nor will you.

Canberra has roads radiating from Parliament House to every State in the Commonwealth. You have Sydney Avenue and Perth Avenue and Melbourne Avenue and so on. But there is no Wellington Avenue. Wellington being the Capital of New Zealand.

In fact this unnamed avenue goes right place my home pointing directly at the heart of Wellington. But to save New Zealand feelings we don't call it Wellington Avenue. That would be needlessly provocative. So we disingenuously call it Canberra Avenue.

But we haven't given up completely because we have named the shopping centre beside this avenue, Manuka. And a manuka is a New Zealand bush, a Kiwi bush.

So we are, as you can see, discrete and cunning - rat cunning.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I met one of Georgiana Cavendish's direct descendants at Penn. She was very rich and very hot.

wolfy

awsm
Look Wolfy, I'll tell ya, but you must keep it quiet, particularly in New Zealand - you must be discrete. Because New Zealand is part of our Constitution. So New Zealand could join us tomorrow if she wished.

Kiwis are very sensitive about their independence so we never mention this in front of them - and nor will you.

Canberra has roads radiating from Parliament House to every State in the Commonwealth. You have Sydney Avenue and Perth Avenue and Melbourne Avenue and so on. But there is no Wellington Avenue. Wellington being the Capital of New Zealand.

In fact this unnamed avenue goes right place my home pointing directly at the heart of Wellington. But to save New Zealand feelings we don't call it Wellington Avenue. That would be needlessly provocative. So we disingenuously call it Canberra Avenue.

But we haven't given up completely because we have named the shopping centre beside this avenue, Manuka. And a manuka is a New Zealand bush, a Kiwi bush.

So we are, as you can see, discrete and cunning - rat cunning.

Victor, I'm a New Zealander!

Australia and NZ have so much in common.:hug:

but

NZ must remain independent.:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, I'm a New Zealander!

Australia and NZ have so much in common.:hug:

but

NZ must remain independent.:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

Good God, Wolfy, the cat's outa the bag now. And I think we should be thinking of renaming the Commonwealth to include you good people across the Tasman. And we can change the name of the street outside my window to Wellington Avenue.

C'mon Wolfy, we have a good free trade agreement, your Ministers attend our Ministerial conferences. Good heavens, you are ANZACs.

Of course you do speak a strange form of English - but no one's perfect.

But don't think of it as giving up your independence. Think of it as joining the Greater Commonwealth.

And just think - you will be able to receive visits from nuclear warships.

Now I can't offer more than that.

Mole

Permabanned
I met one of Georgiana Cavendish's direct descendants at Penn. She was very rich and very hot.

So she was very rich and very hot. But what about her inner life. What was she like as person? Was she happy? Was she well balanced? Or did she smother her inner life with drugs in order to present her rich, hot image.

Imagine we were looking at her from the inside. What would we see?