Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Default Alice: Madness Returns

The sequel to American McGee's Alice.
    Available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Release date: June 14, 2011 & EU June 16, 2011

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmLstbaK-g"]American Mcgee's Alice: Madness Returns[/YOUTUBE]

I undeniably cannot wait for this game. I loved the first one, right down to the soundtrack. Feel free to share opinions on either.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I had no idea they even planned a sequel!
    Alice was an awesome game. No game I know has an atmosphere quite like it. It's weird, it's dark, and it's just plain awesome. Hope they manage to carry that over to the sequel.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post

I had no idea they even planned a sequel!
    Alice was an awesome game. No game I know has an atmosphere quite like it. It's weird, it's dark, and it's just plain awesome. Hope they manage to carry that over to the sequel.
    You're definitely the one person I'm glad to bring it to the attention of! I'd seen some concept art a long time ago, so I knew to anticipate it at some point. I've only watched 2 of the teasers, so as to not spoil it. They make my heart flutter with a twisted sort of joy.
    Ha If I remember right, you were the cause of my d/ling the soundtrack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

So far, definitely loving this game. I play games infrequently, but I'm definitely in it more for aesthetic and plot. It's a give and take between this one and the first one. The scene changes and boss battles in the first were dramatic and had fantastic atmosphere. I'm loving the aesthetic of Madness Returns, yet it's lacking some of that atmosphere.

What I do like a lot:
    Soundtrack is, once again, very enjoyable.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f7gmJYpN64"]Alice Madness Returns Theme[/YOUTUBE]

There are a variety of different gaming and artistic elements to the game. There's a side-scroller bit, which I'm fond of. The cut scenes are also in two different styles, commonly. It's interesting and slashes away at monotony, I'd say.

Also, there are alternative dresses depending on what stage of the game you're in. I fell in love with one of them, so methinks it will be a future 'costume'/'outfit' for Halloweeny/Steampunk-y events

--

As the sad note of a graphic's whore, I would prefer some cutscenes with the quality of the previews. I don't think there have been any, and it'd probably boost that whole atmosphere thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

I was in a game store last week and both the guys working there said it was definitely worth playing. I may end up buying it.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    yupp

I know the next game I'm playing after I finish oblivion than I have to play portal 2.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    I was in a game store last week and both the guys working there said it was definitely worth playing. I may end up buying it.
    I'd say go for it. It's not a long game, but I did find it quite enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I know the next game I'm playing after I finish oblivion than I have to play portal 2.
    You've just reminded me that I need to get and finish portal 2 . I feel incomplete.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]