• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alice: Madness Returns

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The sequel to American McGee's Alice. :devil:
Available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date: June 14, 2011 & EU June 16, 2011

51aHDAMdNLL._SL500_.jpg

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmLstbaK-g"]American Mcgee's Alice: Madness Returns[/YOUTUBE]

I undeniably cannot wait for this game. I loved the first one, right down to the soundtrack. Feel free to share opinions on either. :yes:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:blink:

I had no idea they even planned a sequel!
Alice was an awesome game. No game I know has an atmosphere quite like it. It's weird, it's dark, and it's just plain awesome. Hope they manage to carry that over to the sequel.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:blink:

I had no idea they even planned a sequel!
Alice was an awesome game. No game I know has an atmosphere quite like it. It's weird, it's dark, and it's just plain awesome. Hope they manage to carry that over to the sequel.
:biggrin: You're definitely the one person I'm glad to bring it to the attention of! I'd seen some concept art a long time ago, so I knew to anticipate it at some point. I've only watched 2 of the teasers, so as to not spoil it. They make my heart flutter with a twisted sort of joy.
Ha If I remember right, you were the cause of my d/ling the soundtrack. :hug:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So far, definitely loving this game. I play games infrequently, but I'm definitely in it more for aesthetic and plot. It's a give and take between this one and the first one. The scene changes and boss battles in the first were dramatic and had fantastic atmosphere. I'm loving the aesthetic of Madness Returns, yet it's lacking some of that atmosphere.

What I do like a lot:
Soundtrack is, once again, very enjoyable.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f7gmJYpN64"]Alice Madness Returns Theme[/YOUTUBE]

There are a variety of different gaming and artistic elements to the game. There's a side-scroller bit, which I'm fond of. The cut scenes are also in two different styles, commonly. It's interesting and slashes away at monotony, I'd say.

Also, there are alternative dresses depending on what stage of the game you're in. I fell in love with one of them, so methinks it will be a future 'costume'/'outfit' for Halloweeny/Steampunk-y events :biggrin:
news_alice_madness_returns_pc_videos-11368.jpg

--

As the sad note of a graphic's whore, I would prefer some cutscenes with the quality of the previews. I don't think there have been any, and it'd probably boost that whole atmosphere thing.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was in a game store last week and both the guys working there said it was definitely worth playing. I may end up buying it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know the next game I'm playing after I finish oblivion than I have to play portal 2.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was in a game store last week and both the guys working there said it was definitely worth playing. I may end up buying it.
I'd say go for it. It's not a long game, but I did find it quite enjoyable.
I know the next game I'm playing after I finish oblivion than I have to play portal 2.
You've just reminded me that I need to get and finish portal 2 :yes:. I feel incomplete.