User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 61

  1. #51
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Leveled the Twi'lek Consular to 10, got my lightsaber (I actually got a little choked up during the Jedi ceremony, doh).... now I'm stuck trying to pick between Sage and Shadow. I'm still not sure, especially because from forum reports the Sage [trees: 1 heal, 2 dps] actually levels well and quickly if you have a companion along with you, unlike most games with healer classes. The Shadow I'll assume does well too, but it's a closer-range game, and you never get direct/mass heal ability.

    .... gaaa... just not sure. I need a book or something.

    Also, with the freebie lightsaber-color-change gem, is the color it becomes defined by the color in the name of the gem, or is there some way to get to a color wheel and change it as I see fit? A little confused there...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #52
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Also, with the freebie lightsaber-color-change gem, is the color it becomes defined by the color in the name of the gem, or is there some way to get to a color wheel and change it as I see fit? A little confused there...
    The color of your weapon should be defined by the color of the crystal (which is to say, the name of the gem). Unless, of course, they did make a color wheel/option thing bound to that item...hmm.

    Ah, after some research, it appears everyone gets the same pre-order color crystal. Suckage.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

  3. #53
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    The color of your weapon should be defined by the color of the crystal (which is to say, the name of the gem). Unless, of course, they did make a color wheel/option thing bound to that item...hmm.

    Ah, after some research, it appears everyone gets the same pre-order color crystal. Suckage.
    Yeah, mine was yellow with a black core. Stupid.... I mean, it's ugly. Has a +4 on End, but I don't like it; I bought a blue one off the market and am using it even if it's only +2.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #54
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Interesting choices on voice actors:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320395/

    I could have sworn the female Sith Warrior was Morrigan from DA, but I was wrong on that one.

    But the female bounty hunter played Tootie/Vicki on Fairly Oddparents, and the female Jedi Consular played Agent Perez in the Saw movie series.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #55
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    hmhmh, Consular or Guardian thats a tough choice. I hate class choices so badly . Prolly will start every class and play it till level 30.

    Any help appreaciated, I like to fight in the midst of battle, so a tank with strong mitigation is usually my first rule of choice. I still want some flexibility in talent allocation, like they had in Rift. When you can switch to DPS for solo playing. The consular is intresting too, stealth abilities and rogue tactics are my second preference. Any experiences yet on how good the consular will be as an off-tank or how its dps are ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #56
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Any help appreaciated, I like to fight in the midst of battle, so a tank with strong mitigation is usually my first rule of choice. I still want some flexibility in talent allocation, like they had in Rift. When you can switch to DPS for solo playing. The consular is intresting too, stealth abilities and rogue tactics are my second preference. Any experiences yet on how good the consular will be as an off-tank or how its dps are ?
    I only know what I've read on the SWTOR forums, but people seem very happy with the tank/DPS capability of the consular-shadow. Wish I could give you stats.

    The thing to remember is that it's balanced differently from the MMOs you're used to. I picked consular-sage (healer/ranged dps), and unlike being a conventional healer that can't solo, because you typically have a crew to accompany you, I can send in my companion tank, heal/do whatever, and also have some great telekenisis damage from that tree. From all indications of players in their early 30's, the solo sage is a viable build even having chosen the class with the heal tree. In older MMOs, often picking a heal class ruined you for solo (at least, that's what happened to me in City of Heroes, with my Emp/Psy).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #57
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Yeah, a lot of the classes seem viable at their roles regardless of actual spec, at least from what I've seen so far. I've gone Balance on my Consular-Sage, but I can still heal flashpoints and heroic areas like a champ, which is a lot of fun. I never thought I'd like healing until this game, but it's pretty fun and awesome to manage. The flexibility of roles seems to be built into the classes themselves rather than something strictly dictated by your spec, so something like a dual spec system isn't as important.



  8. #58
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Yea I see, thx for the info. Gonna see what my girlfriend picks and then I'll go for the support role necessary. Normally when she plays her underequipped tanks and runs into masses of 50 mobs at once me as a healer is in order . Tho in Rift I did quite well to rescue her ass as a tank.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #59
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Can you btw. choose between different talent builds (like in Rift) or is the respeccing like in Wow ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #60
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can you btw. choose between different talent builds (like in Rift) or is the respeccing like in Wow ?
    It looks to me like you get three skills trees for your toon, but they're defined by your class rather than being as flexible as Rift (which is essentially mix and match ad hoc trees). Which is why your advanced class choice is so important; at the moment, you cannot respec and pick the other class, you are stuck with those three trees that belong to your class. That's why with the sage/shadow thing, if you ever want normal heals, you have to pick sage.

    You can however respec within that class (i.e., reset your three skill trees and rebuild the character), just like in other games, with increasing financial cost per respec.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the classes seem viable at their roles regardless of actual spec, at least from what I've seen so far. I've gone Balance on my Consular-Sage, but I can still heal flashpoints and heroic areas like a champ, which is a lot of fun. I never thought I'd like healing until this game, but it's pretty fun and awesome to manage. The flexibility of roles seems to be built into the classes themselves rather than something strictly dictated by your spec, so something like a dual spec system isn't as important.
    Yeah, that was what I was perceiving too. What people on the forum seemed to say that, within Sage, you can heal pretty well even if you are specc'ed as balance or TK, and it's more a matter of fine-tuning your character for a very specific role for pure healing (probably a respec in endgame).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. It's looking like Zimmerman is going to be Acquitted
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 472
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 07:37 PM
  3. Not speaking my mind is going to kill me
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 01:06 PM
  4. Obama is going to face international crisis PROMISES Biden
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO