• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

best anime out there, that you would recommend to someone!

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Im gonna go with death note as my #1. what would your #1 pick?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Evangelion, not necessarily because it's my favorite, but only because I want whoever watches that to experience that same feeling I had when the main character defiles a catatonic female, and because there's not a single emotionally stable character in the entire series.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Evangelion, not necessarily because it's my favorite, but only because I want whoever watches that to experience that same feeling I had when the main character defiles a catatonic female, and because there's not a single emotionally stable character in the entire series.

:shock:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Only anime I would ever recommend is Cowboy Bebop.

One of the only ones I've ever seen that appeals to those who wouldn't be into anime generally.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Twelve Kingdoms (for a start)!! It's action packed, mature, engaging and hardly any of those anime tropes that give newcomers an icky feeling.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
fma seems like a short series

The original one is like 51 episodes + the movie, whereas brotherhood is like 64 or so + 3(maybe 4) OVAs. Both are excellent recommendations in their own respects, and to anyone who's interest in the series I could suggest that they watch both ones and formulate their own opinions from there. After about the first 8-14 episodes, varying between the two, they spit into to completely different stories, so it's actually worth watching both being that it's not a just rehashing the same plot with a few different twists.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Only anime I would ever recommend is Cowboy Bebop.

One of the only ones I've ever seen that appeals to those who wouldn't be into anime generally.

I can agree with this. I've also seen Death Note, which I slightly prefer to Cowboy Bebop. So I'd call Death Note my favorite that I've seen.

My friend also had me watch a show called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which wasn't bad.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elfen Lied is another extremely solid recommendation. It starts off awesome, and just progressively gets better, and it's rather short (13 episodes).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Toppen Tenga Gurren Lagann

It'll make you laugh, cry, smile, and leave you in all. It excelles in storyline, character development, animation, voice acting, and everything else under the sun. It'll blow your friggen mind, as the level of epicness may be too much for one person to handle. Also, you life isn't complete until you've watched it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Elfen Lied is another extremely solid recommendation. It starts off awesome, and just progressively gets better, and it's rather short (13 episodes).

I was about to say this one, and it was stolen from me. :3 Its an awesome serious anime, gives a more adult perspective to the genre for those who think it's for kids.

I'd still love to meet someone who had FLCL as their VERY first anime experience. :laugh:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone know if clanned is any good?

It is if you like tear-jerking dramatic anime(which I do), then yes. It's actually one of the most critically acclaimed animes of all time. I watched it a few months ago and enjoyed it very much, but if you're looking for something action oriented in it, steer very clear.

Within

Permabanned
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Ergo Proxy
Death Note

I can't decide on just one because they are all equally good in different ways.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I was about to say this one, and it was stolen from me. :3 Its an awesome serious anime, gives a more adult perspective to the genre for those who think it's for kids.

I'd still love to meet someone who had FLCL as their VERY first anime experience. :laugh:

Just a nitpick, Ms. K - while I agree with your pespective on the "animation/anime = for kids" canard, I feel compelled to point out that anime is a medium, not a genre.

/pedant :blush: