Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Samurai X, Bebop, Champloo

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

At the top of my list is Magi. It's a shounen and has an awesome mixture of action, adventure, and fantasy

If you feel like crying... go for Hotarubi no Mori e or Hal (tip: prepare a pillow)

And though I haven't finished this yet, I recommend Blast of Tempest for the mystery line.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Over the years I've seen a lot of anime. Probably hundreds. Yet there is only a very small portion that sticks with me.

These are some of my favorites

- Seirei no moribito (But it would probably be even better without the granny in it and with more spear fights. Balsa is definately my top 1 most favorite character in all anime's though.)
    - 12 kingdoms (Although I loathe the suzu character and the first couple of episodes are pretty tough to get through. The matured Youko in the second half of the series is probably my 2nd most favorite character.)
    - Claymore (They screwed up Raki in the end in the anime, I like him much more in the manga, but it's a minor flaw imo)
    - Casshern Sins (Dont really have any major issues with this anime.)
    - Hellsing Ultimate (Wouldve been much more awesome if Schrödinger wasnt in it, seriously, that character is just wrong. And in some places it is a bit too over the top. But overall lots of good bloody action.)
    - Spice and Wolf (lovely romantic series in a fantastic fantasy world... And wolves, yay)
    - Kiba (more mature take of the pokemon style like anime's, fighting with summoned creatures/tournaments, etc.)
    - Angel heart (deadly and socially awkward 15 year old female assasin turned good guy, whats not to like. Also, even though japanese voice acting is pretty good accross the board, I remember being particularly amazed by some of the voice acting in this series.)

black lagoon is okay if youre into action. Same for Jormungand, although jormungand is more about loyalty.

And also I exclusively watch anime with english subs. Although there are definately some decent dubs out there. With subs you cant go wrong, japanese voice acting is good across the board.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI?

I assume every one here probably has an affection towards Psychological themes. I highly recommend Shin Sekai Yori (The anime, NOT the manga. I recently found out the manga is very... ecchi.... just watch the anime.) Also, I have a huge love of dystopian books and themes. (Uglies trilogy, Hunger games, divergent, etc. ) It has a bit of a horror undertone, but not anything like Higurashi crazy. (Hunger games horror under tone kind of, not really 'horror' but some things are not all peachy.)

"A millennium from now, in Japan, exists a utopia. The Protagonist, Saki Watanabe, lives in an idyllic village barred from the outside world. Her world is ruled by the people who possess the "gods' power" of psychokinesis. After finally obtaining her own powers, Saki enters the Zenjin Academy to train along with five other children: Satoru Asahina, Maria Akizuki, Mamoru Itou, Shun Aonuma, and Reiko Amano.

Not all is as it seems, however. In this utopian village, strange rumors about a monstrous cat that abducts children circulate, and students are said to disappear from the academy. The world and its history are much darker than they appear and humanity is on the verge of collapse."
    It's a weird synopsis and does not cover what all it is, can anything fully cover a good story in a synopsis? I hate this anime because I can't choose which side to go with, it's pick your poison or the lesser of the two evils. Those who enjoy comedy will have some interest in this as it can have it's light hearted moments.

So many good animes. I recently just watch AoT ans SAO, I thought they were just the over hype of a year, but there is a reason they are over hyped, because they indeed are good.

I also think Skip Beat is my all time favorite anime and manga.
    Say I love you, Kimi ni Todoke, OHSHC, 07 Ghost, Higurashi, Es Otherwise, Toradora, Psychic detective Yakumo, Ghost hunt

So many are very good. If you don't watch anime, and are interested in trying one, make sure you try one with a story/genre you like! If you don't like the story, you wont like anime. Anime is not just this or just that, it's almost as varied as movies are. Shoujo(Girly), Shounen(Masculine), action, comedy, romance and mixes of them. If you can enjoy the art style and like movie in general you should be okay watching anime! Maybe you don't like movies and prefer reading..... dun dun dun, MANGA!
    I still run for the swing sets.
    The two best feelings in the world are
    one swinging with no hands
    two swinging straight up with your feet above your head.
    I believe falling in love will feel like swinging straight up with no hands, a supported falling sensation
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...e9646a3979.jpg
    Now Just Let Go

MBTI
    INF~
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI?

Yesh! Hotarubi no Mori e or Hal, I loved it! Have you watched Hayao Miyazaki films? If not you should! And if you have a good non Ghibli film isOokami Kodomo no Ami to Yuki (Wolf Children Ame and Yuki) (You might also need a pillow.)
    I still run for the swing sets.
    The two best feelings in the world are
    one swinging with no hands
    two swinging straight up with your feet above your head.
    I believe falling in love will feel like swinging straight up with no hands, a supported falling sensation
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...e9646a3979.jpg
    Now Just Let Go

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Have you seen Kanon (2006)? It's by Key like those two and definitely just as heartwarming/heart-wrenching.
    I've sarted it but never finished it. Thats the one where the girl in he begining lost her memory right?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I've only recently got into anime but I enjoyed Welcome to the NHK, Hataraku Maou-sama and Cowboy Bebop. I thought bebop was a bit over-rated but I still love the main characters in it. The ending was especially disappointing being such a short fight scene, but I would definitely recommend it over the others. It still wins enough just to triumph with the other two.

I've also watched Battle Programmer Shirase, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dead Man Wonderland. I didn't really enjoy any of those, especially BPS. The episodes were too brief and it wasn't even that funny. Evangelion was meh, dead man wonderland was probably the better one out of those three.

I plan on watching Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note next and maybe a movie of some kind.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Planetary Walker View Post
    I've only recently got into anime but I enjoyed Welcome to the NHK, Hataraku Maou-sama and Cowboy Bebop. I thought bebop was a bit over-rated but I still love the main characters in it. The ending was especially disappointing being such a short fight scene, but I would definitely recommend it over the others. It still wins enough just to triumph with the other two.

I've also watched Battle Programmer Shirase, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dead Man Wonderland. I didn't really enjoy any of those, especially BPS. The episodes were too brief and it wasn't even that funny. Evangelion was meh, dead man wonderland was probably the better one out of those three.

I plan on watching Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note next and maybe a movie of some kind.
    Although Hataraku Maou-sama is mostly an anime that's a dime a dozen in my opinion, there is one particular scene that is just so epic!

I think you'd love Stein's Gate, btw.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf