User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Lovely Complex, for those who enjoy something lighthearted with characters that go beyond the standard anime archetypes.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

To the OP, if you like Death Note and battle-of-the-wits type anime, you try Kaiji. Very intense, very smart, very enjoyable.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISTP

hmm... I can contribute to this! A small shot of my "keep" folder. If anyone is looking for something to watch, I can probably recommend it.

Code Geass: the most appealing part is the flow of the anime. It keeps moving and changing... you can't afford to walk out. Some people will dislike the random events. This is my go-to anime to rewatch.

Lovely Complex: one of the best "teenager" love stories... it brought me back to my stupid self in highschool. Those that prefer more soap-opera types would like Peach Girl or Itazura na Kiss, both solid productions.

Angel Beats: this anime is one you sit through enjoying reasonably well, only to break down at the end and realise how much of an impact it had on you. It's a bit unique and it goes half-way with too many cliche's... but it's the half-way that drove the emotions for me.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill: have to be mentioned, but you should probably already like anime before you watch them. The only way to describe them is awe-some. I can't describe it any other way.

Binbougami ga!: is hard to describe. It's something to give a chance - almost everyone I know enjoyed it.

Acchi Kocchi: soft and cute. Really well done. Advised only for people looking for cute slice of life stuff, however.

Tytania: I typically recommend this one for a slice of life and unconstrained anime. It does a decent job shifting your opinion on the characters, etc. and deserves more attention than it gets. It's also very visually appealing despite the use of older styles. Not everyone likes it - it breaks a lot of the normal story archetypes and moves slowly so there is always a bit of dissonance.

Sword Art Online, Log Horizon and Accel World: virtual worlds that need to be mentioned. SAO is great - for half of it - and of that great, only half of the people who watch it agree. Log Horizon is a more solid production but a lot less emotional. Accel world - great except for the charcters. And if you like the characters, you tend to hate the world. Yet I'd recommend all three (up until the 2nd arc in SAO anyway). I've also read the novels, which are pretty good. It's an amateur creative work and they hit me that way.

Attack On Titan - Absolutely great. I accidentally skipped two episodes and didn't even notice though... the pacing and plot needed some work. However, it more than makes up for it in style. It's something you just need to watch.

Also, Toradora always needs to be mentioned. Everyone loves it, except me, who only likes it.

There are a lot of good ones out there. These ones are the popular ones that are mainstream not enough to be rejected. But there are old ones (Irresponsible captain Tyler), "inside" ones (Great Teacher Onizuka), creepy ones (Koi Kraze), stereotypes done well (Hagure Yuusha no Estetica)... all are excellent in their own way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Love chunnibyo & other delusions. It has well everything I would ever want in it.

You wanted to come fourteen years ago.
    I grew up.
    Don't worry, I'll soon fix that.

I found this on this forum would love if you clicked it. (: Seems fun.
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=rosiedrew

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Lovely Complex: one of the best "teenager" love stories... it brought me back to my stupid self in highschool. Those that prefer more soap-opera types would like Peach Girl or Itazura na Kiss, both solid productions.
    Surprised I wasn't the only one to recommend it. It's definitely the best of its kind imo. Also the animation is hilarious.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

My list
    1 Clannad/ Clannad After story
    2 Air
    3 Bokura ga Ita
    4 Kimi ni Todoke
    5 Lovely Complex
    Bonus: School Rumble ( because it's freaking hilarious)
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    PURE

Mononoke ( not to be confused w/ Mononoke-Hime )
    It's the story of a traveling medicine seller who exorcises unrest spirits. It's 12 episodes and is only available with subtitles.
    It's classified into the horror genre and the effort put into the visuals and atmosphere is very much appreciated.

I recommend this show to anyone and everyone whenever I get the chance. It's one of my favorites.
    All of the episodes might not be on YouTube. You'll have to find a good anime streaming site.
    It's hard to follow at first. Keep going though. It's worth it, trust me.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Mononoke ( not to be confused w/ Mononoke-Hime )
    It's the story of a traveling medicine seller who exorcises unrest spirits. It's 12 episodes and is only available with subtitles.
    It's classified into the horror genre and the effort put into the visuals and atmosphere is very much appreciated.

I recommend this show to anyone and everyone whenever I get the chance. It's one of my favorites.
    All of the episodes might not be on YouTube. You'll have to find a good anime streaming site.
    Sounds a lot like Mushishi.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    My list
    1 Clannad/ Clannad After story
    2 Air
    Have you seen Kanon (2006)? It's by Key like those two and definitely just as heartwarming/heart-wrenching.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    PURE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sounds a lot like Mushishi.
    Mushishi is a great show and they are similar. However, Mononoke is probably more dramatic.
    Kusuriuri and Ginko share some personality traits as well though, I think Ginko empathizes more with others.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so