User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: best anime out there, that you would recommend to someone!

4w5 sx/sp

Akira and Memories are by far my two favorites.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp
    SLI None

the title is implying that the best anime out there and the one I would recommend to someone are the same
    best anime ever: Rurouni Kenshin

what I would recommend to someone? that's circumstantial. for instance, I would not recommend Ouran Host Club to my football friends, I would however recommend it to a high school girl who lusted after pretty boys. the jock on the other hand I would start out with something they could relate to better like Big Windup
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Death Note
    G Gundam

The hottest thing right now in the anime world is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Despite how it looks and sounds (Magical Girl), it has "dark" themes in it. Many even consider it the "Next Evangelion".

It's not a bad starter anime in my opinion, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. It's also only 12 episodes long.

My personal favorites on the other hand:

Suzumiya Haruhi Series: A series that tries to be everything, and does it surprisingly well. What I think has the one of the most entertaining use of Time Travel in an anime/manga/light novel, and it's not even its main theme. Endless Eight in the anime is still a disaster though. The original source, its light novels, are very well written and are a great read.

Nodame Cantabile: If you like Orchestral Music; Josei. Very relaxing.

Katanagatari: The better of the two Nisio Isin anime-adapted works IMO, the other being Bakemonogatari. Not really my favorite but still recommended. It is filled with dialogue, as expected from the author, and it may drag a bit if you try to finish it in one go; That said, I advise taking it slow, as it was originally a monthly airing series. Great action and great ending. Expect feeling a bit melancholic after finishing it.

And if you want to try something "new", I recommend Tatami Galaxy. It has somewhat daunting art-direction and is filled with FAST paced dialogue, but has great use of time looping element. Most notably, it has the most satisfying conclusion I've seen in an anime.

I also made a thread at INTJforum for anime recommendations. If you're interested, check it out.
    Last edited by ultimawepun; 08-26-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

I wish that someone give me anime recommendations based on the following rating of series I have already seen (top to bottom = good to bad). It is not necessary to name 'Ergo Proxy' since I am already watching it.

- Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Shigurui: Death Frenzy
    - Darker Than Black
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion
    - Baccano!
    - Eden of the East
    - Full Metal Alchemist
    - Black Butler

- Samurai Champloo
    - Elfen Lied
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Wolf's Rain
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Gurren Lagann

Thank you.
    I am surprised to find out that you enjoy animes.

I loved code geass (also the music which is worth dying for), death note and samurai champloo from your list.

Sc will grow on you even the theme song. I started watching it because the director is the same director who made cowboy bebop.

The best thing about both those serieses were the lack of overwhelming emotional agony and display shown in most animes. I wonder whether over the top emotional outburts is a japanese cultural aspect or whether it is romantasized because it is evident in almost all animes.

Bebop and champloo have western themes to them (though champloo was based entirely on japan) whichnis probably why it lacks the overwhelming aspects i mentioned above.

Also the main characters of both the serieses are stps (spike an istp and mugen an estp) which is probably why they lacked such EMO emotional displays.

Anyway one reason why animes are so likable is because of their immense character development, so i wwouldn't blame them for the emoness.

I've also noticed that a majority of anime characters are intjs and enfps. However the most popular anime characters in the west are stps (spike, Lupin).

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill.
    They're both around 27 episodes and both super ridiculous.

I stopped watching Cowboy Bebop after a few episodes as well. Nothing in it interested me.

8w7 sx/sp

Last Exile is really good.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

I've been absolutely hooked on Attack on Titan. It's a very western-friendly anime, without some of the more cringe-worthy BS that you see in some productions (no, I'm not white lol).
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

If you guys haven't watched any yet, I would highly recommend Studio Ghibli movies. The best movies in my opinion are Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke. There's also Grave of the Fireflies which is darker than the rest of the films, and it focuses on the experiences of 2 children during WWII in Japan.

Other recommendations:

• Kara No Kyoukai
    • Psycho-Pass
    • Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Mind you, it's a deconstruction of the magical girl genre)
    • Kill La Kill (If you enjoy over the top action scenes and the lewd sense of humour)
    • Wolf Children
    • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
    • Soul Eater (I haven't watched it yet but it has very good reviews)
    • Ghost Stories (Mainly because the English dub is VERY funny since the voice actors were allowed to do whatever they wanted to say with their characters)
    • Shiki