• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

best anime out there, that you would recommend to someone!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lovely Complex, for those who enjoy something lighthearted with characters that go beyond the standard anime archetypes. :yes:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
To the OP, if you like Death Note and battle-of-the-wits type anime, you try Kaiji. Very intense, very smart, very enjoyable.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
hmm... I can contribute to this! A small shot of my "keep" folder. If anyone is looking for something to watch, I can probably recommend it.

Code Geass: the most appealing part is the flow of the anime. It keeps moving and changing... you can't afford to walk out. Some people will dislike the random events. This is my go-to anime to rewatch.

Lovely Complex: one of the best "teenager" love stories... it brought me back to my stupid self in highschool. Those that prefer more soap-opera types would like Peach Girl or Itazura na Kiss, both solid productions.

Angel Beats: this anime is one you sit through enjoying reasonably well, only to break down at the end and realise how much of an impact it had on you. It's a bit unique and it goes half-way with too many cliche's... but it's the half-way that drove the emotions for me.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill: have to be mentioned, but you should probably already like anime before you watch them. The only way to describe them is awe-some. I can't describe it any other way.

Binbougami ga!: is hard to describe. It's something to give a chance - almost everyone I know enjoyed it.

Acchi Kocchi: soft and cute. Really well done. Advised only for people looking for cute slice of life stuff, however.

Tytania: I typically recommend this one for a slice of life and unconstrained anime. It does a decent job shifting your opinion on the characters, etc. and deserves more attention than it gets. It's also very visually appealing despite the use of older styles. Not everyone likes it - it breaks a lot of the normal story archetypes and moves slowly so there is always a bit of dissonance.

Sword Art Online, Log Horizon and Accel World: virtual worlds that need to be mentioned. SAO is great - for half of it - and of that great, only half of the people who watch it agree. Log Horizon is a more solid production but a lot less emotional. Accel world - great except for the charcters. And if you like the characters, you tend to hate the world. Yet I'd recommend all three (up until the 2nd arc in SAO anyway). I've also read the novels, which are pretty good. It's an amateur creative work and they hit me that way.

Attack On Titan - Absolutely great. I accidentally skipped two episodes and didn't even notice though... the pacing and plot needed some work. However, it more than makes up for it in style. It's something you just need to watch.

Also, Toradora always needs to be mentioned. Everyone loves it, except me, who only likes it.

There are a lot of good ones out there. These ones are the popular ones that are mainstream not enough to be rejected. But there are old ones (Irresponsible captain Tyler), "inside" ones (Great Teacher Onizuka), creepy ones (Koi Kraze), stereotypes done well (Hagure Yuusha no Estetica)... all are excellent in their own way.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love chunnibyo & other delusions. It has well everything I would ever want in it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lovely Complex: one of the best "teenager" love stories... it brought me back to my stupid self in highschool. Those that prefer more soap-opera types would like Peach Girl or Itazura na Kiss, both solid productions.

:hifive: Surprised I wasn't the only one to recommend it. It's definitely the best of its kind imo. Also the animation is hilarious.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My list
1 Clannad/ Clannad After story
2 Air
3 Bokura ga Ita
4 Kimi ni Todoke
5 Lovely Complex
Bonus: School Rumble ( because it's freaking hilarious)

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
Mononoke ( not to be confused w/ Mononoke-Hime )
It's the story of a traveling medicine seller who exorcises unrest spirits. It's 12 episodes and is only available with subtitles.
It's classified into the horror genre and the effort put into the visuals and atmosphere is very much appreciated.

I recommend this show to anyone and everyone whenever I get the chance. It's one of my favorites.
All of the episodes might not be on YouTube. You'll have to find a good anime streaming site.
It's hard to follow at first. Keep going though. It's worth it, trust me.

G

Ginkgo

Mononoke ( not to be confused w/ Mononoke-Hime )
It's the story of a traveling medicine seller who exorcises unrest spirits. It's 12 episodes and is only available with subtitles.
It's classified into the horror genre and the effort put into the visuals and atmosphere is very much appreciated.

I recommend this show to anyone and everyone whenever I get the chance. It's one of my favorites.
All of the episodes might not be on YouTube. You'll have to find a good anime streaming site.

Sounds a lot like Mushishi.

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
Sounds a lot like Mushishi.
Mushishi is a great show and they are similar. However, Mononoke is probably more dramatic.
Kusuriuri and Ginko share some personality traits as well though, I think Ginko empathizes more with others.

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At the top of my list is Magi. It's a shounen and has an awesome mixture of action, adventure, and fantasy :D

If you feel like crying... go for Hotarubi no Mori e or Hal (tip: prepare a pillow)

And though I haven't finished this yet, I recommend Blast of Tempest for the mystery line.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Over the years I've seen a lot of anime. Probably hundreds. Yet there is only a very small portion that sticks with me.

These are some of my favorites

- Seirei no moribito (But it would probably be even better without the granny in it and with more spear fights. Balsa is definately my top 1 most favorite character in all anime's though.)
- 12 kingdoms (Although I loathe the suzu character and the first couple of episodes are pretty tough to get through. The matured Youko in the second half of the series is probably my 2nd most favorite character.)
- Claymore (They screwed up Raki in the end in the anime, I like him much more in the manga, but it's a minor flaw imo)
- Casshern Sins (Dont really have any major issues with this anime.)
- Hellsing Ultimate (Wouldve been much more awesome if Schrödinger wasnt in it, seriously, that character is just wrong. And in some places it is a bit too over the top. But overall lots of good bloody action.)
- Spice and Wolf (lovely romantic series in a fantastic fantasy world... And wolves, yay)
- Kiba (more mature take of the pokemon style like anime's, fighting with summoned creatures/tournaments, etc.)
- Angel heart (deadly and socially awkward 15 year old female assasin turned good guy, whats not to like. Also, even though japanese voice acting is pretty good accross the board, I remember being particularly amazed by some of the voice acting in this series.)

black lagoon is okay if youre into action. Same for Jormungand, although jormungand is more about loyalty.

And also I exclusively watch anime with english subs. Although there are definately some decent dubs out there. With subs you cant go wrong, japanese voice acting is good across the board.

EvVieNiamhNyx

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I assume every one here probably has an affection towards Psychological themes. I highly recommend Shin Sekai Yori (The anime, NOT the manga. I recently found out the manga is very... ecchi.... just watch the anime.) Also, I have a huge love of dystopian books and themes. (Uglies trilogy, Hunger games, divergent, etc. ) It has a bit of a horror undertone, but not anything like Higurashi crazy. (Hunger games horror under tone kind of, not really 'horror' but some things are not all peachy.)

"A millennium from now, in Japan, exists a utopia. The Protagonist, Saki Watanabe, lives in an idyllic village barred from the outside world. Her world is ruled by the people who possess the "gods' power" of psychokinesis. After finally obtaining her own powers, Saki enters the Zenjin Academy to train along with five other children: Satoru Asahina, Maria Akizuki, Mamoru Itou, Shun Aonuma, and Reiko Amano.

Not all is as it seems, however. In this utopian village, strange rumors about a monstrous cat that abducts children circulate, and students are said to disappear from the academy. The world and its history are much darker than they appear and humanity is on the verge of collapse."
It's a weird synopsis and does not cover what all it is, can anything fully cover a good story in a synopsis? I hate this anime because I can't choose which side to go with, it's pick your poison or the lesser of the two evils. Those who enjoy comedy will have some interest in this as it can have it's light hearted moments.

So many good animes. I recently just watch AoT ans SAO, I thought they were just the over hype of a year, but there is a reason they are over hyped, because they indeed are good.

I also think Skip Beat is my all time favorite anime and manga.
Say I love you, Kimi ni Todoke, OHSHC, 07 Ghost, Higurashi, Es Otherwise, Toradora, Psychic detective Yakumo, Ghost hunt

So many are very good. If you don't watch anime, and are interested in trying one, make sure you try one with a story/genre you like! If you don't like the story, you wont like anime. Anime is not just this or just that, it's almost as varied as movies are. Shoujo(Girly), Shounen(Masculine), action, comedy, romance and mixes of them. If you can enjoy the art style and like movie in general you should be okay watching anime! Maybe you don't like movies and prefer reading..... dun dun dun, MANGA!

EvVieNiamhNyx

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesh! Hotarubi no Mori e or Hal, I loved it! Have you watched Hayao Miyazaki films? If not you should! And if you have a good non Ghibli film isOokami Kodomo no Ami to Yuki (Wolf Children Ame and Yuki) (You might also need a pillow.)

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you seen Kanon (2006)? It's by Key like those two and definitely just as heartwarming/heart-wrenching. :boohoo:

I've sarted it but never finished it. Thats the one where the girl in he begining lost her memory right?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only recently got into anime but I enjoyed Welcome to the NHK, Hataraku Maou-sama and Cowboy Bebop. I thought bebop was a bit over-rated but I still love the main characters in it. The ending was especially disappointing being such a short fight scene, but I would definitely recommend it over the others. It still wins enough just to triumph with the other two.

I've also watched Battle Programmer Shirase, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dead Man Wonderland. I didn't really enjoy any of those, especially BPS. The episodes were too brief and it wasn't even that funny. Evangelion was meh, dead man wonderland was probably the better one out of those three.

I plan on watching Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note next and maybe a movie of some kind.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only recently got into anime but I enjoyed Welcome to the NHK, Hataraku Maou-sama and Cowboy Bebop. I thought bebop was a bit over-rated but I still love the main characters in it. The ending was especially disappointing being such a short fight scene, but I would definitely recommend it over the others. It still wins enough just to triumph with the other two.

I've also watched Battle Programmer Shirase, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dead Man Wonderland. I didn't really enjoy any of those, especially BPS. The episodes were too brief and it wasn't even that funny. Evangelion was meh, dead man wonderland was probably the better one out of those three.

I plan on watching Full Metal Alchemist and Death Note next and maybe a movie of some kind.

Although Hataraku Maou-sama is mostly an anime that's a dime a dozen in my opinion, there is one particular scene that is just so epic!

I think you'd love Stein's Gate, btw.