User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if you liked Deathnote and Gurren Lagann, Code Geass is like a combination of both of them with a little bit of Gundam thrown in there
    Seen it, it was okay, but I never truly got into it. I think it just felt inferior to deathnote at the time lol.
    5 3 9

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Whoever it is in my avatar, by a mile.
    Anyone know who it is?
    I'll take that as a no then.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

back for more suggestions

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Seen it, it was okay, but I never truly got into it. I think it just felt inferior to deathnote at the time lol.
    I'm not a huge anime person, but I stumbled across Deathnote and had to finish it. I tried watching Code Geass afterward, but sadly it just didn't seem to measure up, it was entertaining...just not on the same level as Death Note IMO.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Death note was good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Awasaka Under the Bridge is alright, but it's very whacky. Classic Japanese style of humor, where everyone has lost their minds except for the main character. It's okay, good if you need something to watch.

The World God Only Knows is pretty recent (part 2 just came out), and it's quite entertaining.

12 Kingdoms (which is an epic quest to... kill some monsters?) is watchable, and entertaining (better than the average), but it didn't draw me in like a superb anime would. Same with Eden Of The East (which is about some weird, rich world saving system) and Zoku Natsume Yojin-Cho (which is about spirits).

Definitely recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi and K-On! Haruhi for its excellent story, and K-On for its (ironically?) excellent lack of story . And Finally, Toaru Majutsu no Index or Toaru Railgun... something something... they are great animes, I enjoyed Railgun much more, the story developed really well, and the characters were great.

Gintama is a great quirky, smirk-inducing anime. It's like an IV of random events and japanese humor streaming into your brain. Too bad it doesn't work properly on my xbox
    5 3 9

Hello!

I wish that someone give me anime recommendations based on the following rating of series I have already seen (top to bottom = good to bad). It is not necessary to name 'Ergo Proxy' since I am already watching it.

Finished:

- Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Shigurui: Death Frenzy
    - Darker Than Black
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion
    - Baccano!
    - Eden of the East
    - Full Metal Alchemist
    - Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
    - Elfen Lied
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Wolf's Rain
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Gurren Lagann

Thank you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hello!

I wish that someone give me anime recommendations based on the following rating of series I have already seen (top to bottom = good to bad). It is not necessary to name 'Ergo Proxy' since I am already watching it.

Finished:

- Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Darker Than Black
    - Baccano!
    - Eden of the East
    - Full Metal Alchemist
    - Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
    - Elfen Lied
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Wolf's Rain
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Gurren Lagann

Thank you.
    Hmm, I've only seen Full Metal Alchemist on your finished list.. but for the most part I agree with your cancelled. You may like 12 Kingdoms, it's a 'teenage girl falls into alternate world' setup, but it's an action drama, none of that googly eyes comedy stuff. Also there's a remake of The Count of Monte Cristo that is engaging and gorgeous. _

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Hello!

Finished:

- Code Geass
    - Death Note
    - Darker Than Black
    - Baccano!
    - Eden of the East
    - Full Metal Alchemist
    - Black Butler

Canceled:

- Samurai Champloo
    - Elfen Lied
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Wolf's Rain
    - Bleach
    - Naruto
    - Gurren Lagann

Thank you.
    From that list I see you like to see two complete opposites at work against each other, so you might like Gungrave. This anime offers a pretty good plot. A little tough to get into though.

Also, have you checked out Claymore? It's pretty much in a class of its own.

Same goes for Casshern Sins, also uncomparable to other anime, beautiful anime, no childish crap in it, lots of heavy subjects. But not for everyone and has a bit of a slow pace (which imo makes it that much better, but you might disagree.).

Gantz might be right up your alley if they didn't completely fuck up the anime after episode 15 or 16 or so. But because the anime ending sucks I don't really recommend it.

@Qlip suggested juuni kokuki (12 kingdoms) but I don't think that's much for you. It's very hard to get through the first 5 or so episodes as the protagonist is downright unlikable for the first part of the anime, has some weird shit in it that wasn't neccesary at times and there's this arc in the middle of the anime of like 10 episodes long that's pretty bad, has an open ending and just serves as some background story. Still, the main story I quite liked myself nonetheless, but I'm not as picky as you are probably. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

As for my personal number 1, it's probably Casshern Sins, because it's so unique and original. From start to end I was captivated by it and the end was surprisingly not all that bad (I'm often dissappointed by anime endings.). But it's definately not for everyone. :>

Also, always watch anime with english subtitles. The english voice over actors used in anime are super bad, and the japanese voice overs are generally pretty damn good.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf