• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NBC's Community

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
Because I know there are other fans on here.

00291862-789161_176.jpg

tumblr_l1nuaxAInC1qbiueao1_400.png

Which season did you like more?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I preferred the second, though the first was great. The Christmas episode (from season 2) is my favorite episode so far.

It's may be my favorite show on TV right now, but definitely my favorite comedy.

I love this show. I'm not a huge fan of "losers hanging out" comedies for the most part, but Community is gold. I might have preferred the first season a tad bit more but I've really enjoyed the second as well, and my favorite episode -- the Dungeons and Dragons episode -- is from the latter.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
^:yes:

I feel like the second season has better stand-alone episodes, while the first season has a better overall arch to it. Probably because its harder to keep up with character development the longer the show is in production.

I'm so glad that its getting a third season.

Which character do you like the best? I keep switching between Troy, Abed, and Annie.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The second season, IMO, has a lot more heart to the characters. I never REALLY felt for the characters in the first season, it was just non-stop shenanigans. They really stepped it up in S2. Troy and Abed are probably the biggest break-out characters on the show, and maybe with good reason. They're flashiest and often the non-stop funniest. All the characters have their moments and even their flaws. I guess I lean Abed, Troy, and Britta as the ones I relate to in some manner.

Unsurprisingly, I adore Abed and Troy. Annie reminds me a bit of myself back when I was in high school, Britta reminds me a lot of a good friend of mine, and Jeff of this one friend I love to hate. Also, I have to say I kind of love Chang's brand of crazy.

Dean Pelton.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Unsurprisingly, I adore Abed and Troy. Annie reminds me a bit of myself back when I was in high school, Britta reminds me a lot of a good friend of mine, and Jeff of this one friend I love to hate. Also, I have to say I kind of love Chang's brand of crazy.

Dean Pelton.

lol

yes.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
The second season, IMO, has a lot more heart to the characters. I never REALLY felt for the characters in the first season, it was just non-stop shenanigans. They really stepped it up in S2. Troy and Abed are probably the biggest break-out characters on the show, and maybe with good reason. They're flashiest and often the non-stop funniest. All the characters have their moments and even their flaws. I guess I lean Abed, Troy, and Britta as the ones I relate to in some manner.

You know, I keep coming back to this thought I have that they might have shifted the character focus between seasons. In the first season, its mostly about Jeff and how he interacts with everyone. No one's really that evil (maybe aside from chang), but no one's really that great either. I mean, every character has some issues that keep them grounded in a somewhat gray morality. Which makes sense given that Jeff doesn't care about right and wrong, just about his own self.

But in the 2nd season, I think it shifted to Troy. It seems like he has a more black/white view of the world, and we see more "true" villains popping up (like the City College dean and Pierce). I mean he's the one that seems to want to take charge of the group now when situations start spiraling, which used to default towards Jeff (or Abed occasionally).

But I don't know how likely that is. Like I said, it was just a thought.

Dean Pelton.

Jim Rash is so good at playing that character. Did you know that the producers cast him like a day before they started shooting the pilot?