User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

On the original NES -

There was this funny fantasy-type game called Rygar. I loved it. lol. Also remember having fun wtih Goonies. But all-time favorite NES Fantasy game was Faxanadu.

Super Pitfall, converted to NES, was pretty damn hard - but I liked it a lot and spent so many countless hours getting frustrated and trying to beat the darn thing. It was nearly impossible with an insane amount of things to do and only being able to get hit 3 times before death. lol.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Empire of Steel (a.k.a. the Steel Empire) for Sega Genesis is one of my absolute favorite sidescrolling shooters. No other shooter I know has a similarly cool steampunk setting. It came together with 2 other games with the Genesis I once got for Chirstmas.

Columns
    is another of my favorite Genesis games. Probably less obscure than the first one, but still not nearly as well-known as Tetris. I really like the Ancient-themed music and graphics style.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Not very old school, I was thinking of ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, Amstrad or even game books like Fighting Fantasy or Lone Wolf, maybe even board games like Space Crusade, Black Cannon, The Vampire Game, The Key To The Kingdom.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Empire of Steel (a.k.a. the Steel Empire) for Sega Genesis is one of my absolute favorite sidescrolling shooters. No other shooter I know has a similarly cool steampunk setting. It came together with 2 other games with the Genesis I once got for Chirstmas.
    Steel Empire looks like a side-shooter style Zero Wing game. I just downloaded and played a bit of SE on a Sega emulator. Can you explain a bit more about the steampunk setting?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Atari 2600 - Adventure
    LOVED this game. I remember how awesome it was to find the secret magic dot, which was an easter egg before that name had even been coined. Other great 2600 games I loved were Warlords, Yars' Revenge and Activision Boxing. Moving to PCs, I really liked the Infocom text adventure games, F-15 Strike Eagle, and Seven Cities of Gold for the Atari XL line of computers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I remember enjoying the original Legend of Zelda game back in the day on the Ninetendo. Compared to the newer Zelda games the graphics are pretty pathetic but I still enjoyed playing it at the time. In some ways I prefer the older Zelda game to the newer ones which seem to move too slowly and force you to watch all these cutscenes.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Jumpman!! (C64)

MBTI
    INTP

Recently i've started playing this again. Anyone recognize this game? It's hard as fuck.

Its called Ragnarok. Made in 1994. There's no way to win this i think.

Here's a screen shot of the first stage

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    PC - Day of the Tentacle
    Is that a Japanese game?

I think I might have played it.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.