123 Last

Thread: Minecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Minecraft

So, does anyone here play? I have a small server that a couple of us TypoC people play on.

Show us what you've built!

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

FigerPuppet

The colours of your castle reminds me of texture-related errors in games built with the Source-engine. Feels bad, man.

Anyway, what's the IP?

Banned

My empire was glorious! Some douch kept changing my banner into a penis though, so I went Nero and torched it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I love that house with the big porch in your last pic, Patches How long did it take to gather the materials and build all of those homes? They look great!

I am into minecraft as well -- I recently started playing multiplayer, and I've been playing on a private survival server with a friend of mine. (Not sure if any other friends will end up joining or not ... with all I hear about griefing I think I'll choose carefully. haha) So far we have a main huge compound complete with a garden, library, main tower, and wrap-around lookout walkway. I recently built an island that serves as a tree farm, and as of yesterday we've been spreading out across the land setting up outposts. We're trying to find a desert biome at the moment because my friend wants some cactus. :P

During tunnel digging yesterday, I encountered 2 creepers and a skeleton, and yet the only time I died was when I had the misfortune of having gravel bury me. That kinda sucked...I was being so careful, and yet still, wham, buried. Gotta make a compass and a clock all over again, because by the time I got back to where I died my stuff had vanished.

I'll have to take some screen shots some time!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Maya View Post
    I love that house with the big porch in your last pic, Patches How long did it take to gather the materials and build all of those homes? They look great!
    [...]

I'll have to take some screen shots some time!
    Most of them I did in a few hours. Maybe 5?

Most of what I build is wool-centered, and I have actually built a trap underneath a Spider Monster spawner/dungeon to collect string. I then just turn the string into wool. When i leave it on overnight, i get about 2 stacks of wool per night. I leave it on anytime Im not playing, and just get massive quantities of wool that way.

I would love to see more screenshots, if you have them.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I tried to post in this thread like 3 times right before the site went down for 234897834 days, but don't remember what I posted.

Anyway, I play minecraft too. And those are some real nice houses, Patches. And your spider trap is clever. Who from here plays on your server? Would you invite me? etc.

I'm not too hardcore, here's my room in a super secret underground lair my friends and I built on a public server:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

You can see some of my projects.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/esidebill1/

True INTP work imo :p

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    You can see some of my projects.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/esidebill1/

True INTP work imo :p
    Companion cube! I wanted to make one but it's just been so overdone at this point. Yours looks quite a bit more intricate than some of the other ones ive seen.

~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Companion cube! I wanted to make one but it's just been so overdone at this point. Yours looks quite a bit more intricate than some of the other ones ive seen.
    That was the idea! I was tired of crappy replicas, so I made a good one!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hopefully I got this album permissions stuff set up right: I had no idea I had so many pics so here's a link to a slideshow to make it simpler.

There are pics in there of my singleplayer map, the multiplayer map I play most of the time with my friend I_T, and also a few caps of a map I play with 2 other people.

Patches: I went to that server with your awesome houses on it and it is even more cool "in person." I'd like to build something there but I'm not sure what...I have quite a way to go before I reach that skill level. :P

Snuggletron: I love underground lairs. Looks creepy awesome.

esidebill: That underwater place is incredible. Really, that blew my mind to watch. I hope you post some more stuff. It'd be great to see.