• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NHL Playoffs 2011

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What an awesome OT win for San Jose, in game 1, in their conference semifinals against Detroit :cheers:. Benn Ferriero makes his first playoff goal to win it, and on his birthday to boot. I'll bet he's on cloud 9 tonight.

Sharks FTCup.

3422540629-30042011052316.jpg

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was a little surprised by both games last night (admittedly, I don't know as much about the Western Conf.) My only hope is that the B's don't collapse against Philly again, I'm not sure I could handle that! Go! Go! Black and Gold! :)

E

Epiphany

I've been too busy to follow this season as closely as I'd like to. It looks like Colorado's not in the playoffs. I'm rooting for Chicago.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Chicago isn't in it either (anymore), lol. Vancouver took them out in the Conference Quarter finals. It was an interesting series though... Canucks were up 3-0 in the series and Chicago came back and evened it at 3-3. Canucks took game 7.

Speaking of the Canucks... Good for Nashville, on their win tonight against Vancouver. Hopefully that gives them some confidence and momentum. A well earned win.

Obviously I'd like to see the Predators take out the Canucks, so that it's San Jose vs. Nashville for the conference finals (yes, I'm assuming we'll beat Detroit). Firstly, because I think we have a better chance against Nashville, and secondly, I actually want to see Nashville advance if my Sharks don't.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Wow, I put this in Arts & Entertainment and not the Sports forum. What a fail...

Ponyboy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Wow, I put this in Arts & Entertainment and not the Sports forum. What a fail...

The religion thread would've worked too!
That was a great game but I hate the announcers on NBC. They are horrible! I watched the game yesterday and you would think the hockey world revolved around Danny Briere (and David Krejci but I was ok with that! lol). They have a few favorite teams and impartiality seems to be gone these days :(

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, Briere IS the leading scorer in the playoffs so far. Just sayin. I think Mike Emrick is the best play-by-play guy currently working in any sport.

Ponyboy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ya, I'm not knocking his ability at all. I think I put too many thoughts in one sentence and it didn't come out the way I meant. Let me try again :)
1. I know its not feasible but I wish NBC had a color commentator that was familiar with each team. As it is now sometimes it seems like they are going off some sort of scouting report and don't really know much about either team. On that note, half the time our local NBC channel preempts coverage in favor of infomercials or some such garbage. I only hear Emrick occasionally he does have a unique voice, I think my gripes would be more focused toward the color commentators who are brought in for "expert" opinion.

2. NBC definitely favors showing Detroit, NY Rangers, and Philly (and on a lower level Sid & Ovy). I know its for the ratings, but if they want to be biased just say so. I got no problem with being biased just admit it. I tried to post videos of our local guy on NESN (Jack Edwards) but they didn't work. That dude is freakin crazy weird and not that smart but he is fun to listen to. (some people hate him & I used to)

3. Sorry for the distraction. Back to the Playoffs! :)