• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Doing anime character voices...on accident

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you ever find yourself accidently talking like a favorite character from an anime you've watched a lot of recently. some of my accidental voice impersonations include
Bear (.hack//sign) Bear is probably closest to my real speaking voice (lower voice, but speaks in the upper part of his range, loud, authoritative and varies his pitch a lot
Crim (.hack//sign)
Cornelia (Code Geass) I know she's a woman, but I often find myself varying my pitch the same way she does lol
Kurama (yu yu hakusho) this is the one that pops up the most (it's odd that I can even do this voice considering how much higher it is than mine)
Balmung (.hack//legend of the twilight)
Pharaoh (yugioh) I sometimes accidently talk like pharaoh when I'm in holier than thou/hero complex mode

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my INTJ friend has the same problem. he'll be talking and all of a sudden start sounding like Light Yagami, Crim, Lelouch or Sean Connery....completely by accident

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Yes - completely different anime though...

Several frogs from Sgt. Frog
Tenma from School Rumble
Duck from Princess Tutu

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Sean Connery is an anime character? :blink:
he's not, but my friend talks a lot like sean connery james bond when he's in a good mood (his real personality is like sean connery/horatio caine, but he has to play this down at work so he doesn't get fired lol)

KDude

No. I like doing impressions, but never at random. No anime characters either. My own voice is apparently "relaxing". An acting teacher once told me I should get into radio (except, I'd suck as a DJ in general...).

wolfy

awsm
No. I like doing impressions, but never at random. No anime characters either. My own voice is apparently "relaxing". An acting teacher once told me I should get into radio (except, I'd suck as a DJ in general...).

You'd probably be quite good at some talk show thing.

KDude

You'd probably be quite good at some talk show thing.

Talk shows would be even more awkward, I'm afraid. Audiences freak me out. I'd end up being one of those premadonna actors who doesn't want anyone on set, and crucifies people for the slightest mishap, like Christian Bale.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA]/[/youtube]

Ahem.. ok, not really.