• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cersei's Prophecy

Yeah, I still think aside from Lyanna telling off the northern leaders towering around her, one of the best scenes was between Cersei and Unella (or whatever her name is). Karma is a bitch. The ambiguity of outcome probably made it better -- my imagination is probably worse than what they could show. Was I really rooting for Cersei there? It was a deliciously acted scene.

as far as Margaery:

haha you were really rooting for Cersei, I was too. I think the buildup of bad things happening to her had a blow out (literally) and now we can go back to hating her because....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cersei's gameplan after this is. What does she even have on the table? "You and me against the world," was what I think she had suggested to Jaime, but even that might break down...

I think Dany has an obvious choice of a partner as well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cersei's gameplan after this is. What does she even have on the table? "You and me against the world," was what I think she had suggested to Jaime, but even that might break down...

I think Dany has an obvious choice of a partner as well.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ah. Thanks! I forgot about Varys presence! :doh: this makes sense.
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

I do love Cersei for her complexity. She's one of few female characters who have ascended through ranks by sheer cunning ruthlessness. (As opposed to Dani, who has mystical power, which makes it so much easier to be morally upright;) )

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not exactly sure how to phrase it about Cersei at the moment. I routinely despised her for the first few seasons because of her spitefulness, but I've gotten a better grasp of her in the last two seasons and even can empathize with her.

She's essentially a woman in a world where women don't easily have power, and even what power she etched out for herself wasn't enough to keep her in control or save her children -- the one thing society told her was her "role" and also the only people she really cared about besides Jaime.

The last two seasons have been kind of a triumph for her because she's had so little to work with and yet somehow has managed to claw herself out from that deep hole and actually destroy those who were destroying and/or humiliating her. The end still appears inevitable at this point, she just doesn't have the resources she needs to win (and she has been very self-defeating in the past); but she's become a lot more human and accessible in the process of our seeing her hit rock-bottom.

Based on everything that has happened at this point, I will probably feel like her story was tragic by the end of the series, versus just despising her like I despised Joffrey or Ramsay. Which is an achievement of sorts.

Qre:us

Well, that started off with a bang...
Really enjoyed this episode. Definitely one of the top memorable episodes to date. So many game changers/shifting of the players on the board. Very interesting stuff. However, it wasn't without its minor disappointments.

First off,

[MENTION=5645]Qre:us[/MENTION]

Well... damn. That's really insightful.
I hope this is one of those cases where the audience isn't more insightful than the showrunners and they actually do something like that.

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. I learned my lesson from the hopes I put into the Arya/Faceless Men S/L. SMDH.

Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath on that one. :ack!:

They still played it too obvious, and didn't explore any potential layering to that plotline, like tying it in with Jon. Ah well. Teaches me to have my flights of fancy with the breadcrumbs GoT throws. I never learn!!

Disappointed. And slightly confused about the statute of limitations in GoT land (or distinct lack of). Can the Red Woman be truly tried for it as a 'crime'? When the commander at the time sanctioned it? By Davoos' logic, it's a crime because it didn't work (I know he was going totally by emotions in that scene, not by logic, but Jon should have stepped in, Mr. Potential Chosen One/Leader). So, if it did work (i.e., Stannis was victorious), would it not be a crime? *confused* What does this mean for acts people commit, under one ruler, and if the ruler changes (as it seems so likely in this world), who is in opposition to it, should all who committed the act under the previous ruler be tried as criminals if the new ruler considers the act to be a crime? Reminds me of the High Sparrow dilemma or Dany with the Slavers (there, at least, she had the common sense to not try and crucify ALL masters/slavers, but some to serve as an example). Or the general commentary that man's whimsy is not a good foundation for setting morality guidelines. Universal for the moment is subjective over time.

As for the episode itself...

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Yeah, it sounds like we are pretty synced up here on this. Although I think Dany has been a little soft on Tyrion; still, I must admit, I teared up and it hit a warmer spot in my heart because I want to see Tyrion have good things after all the abuse he's suffered in his life.

Your comments about Cersei (and even Olenna pointed them out a few episodes back before she left King's Landing) are right on the money. She doesn't have a long game. Sometimes if you are losing badly, you have to play a short-game until you get out of the hole (and leave the long game until later) -- but it bites her in the ass every time because she just stops there, all she has is the short game, and to hell with the ramifications. Still, I respect that as a flaw of the character. It has been VERY consistent.

And yeah, Jaime... I'm thinking that he migh -- yeah.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah. Thanks! I forgot about Varys presence! :doh: this makes sense.
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

I do love Cersei for her complexity. She's one of few female characters who have ascended through ranks by sheer cunning ruthlessness. (As opposed to Dani, who has mystical power, which makes it so much easier to be morally upright;) )

Cersei was born into one of the most powerful families in Westeros and married the king. In no way did she come up from nothing by her own skills. She started at near the top.

Now, once in the position, she played her skills fiercely, but her choices have been often poor, demonstrating her limited wisdom and foresight. But she is a survivor and is willing to sacrifice anything to stay in the game.

Qre:us

Thought! All the full circle symbolism. Whether intentional or not.

Jamie pushed Bran out the window to protect his and Cersei's love.

Tommen jumping out the window began the domino effect of crumbling their love. As one of the great things Jamie loved about Cersei is how fiercely loving she was as a mother to their children. And now all that remains is her ascension to the throne. As the mad, cruel queen. Winning at all cost, even that of her children.

Two boys falling out of high windows began and will likely end their great love story.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Tommen jumping out the window began the domino effect of crumbling their love. As one of the great thing Jamie loved about Cersei is how fiercely loving she was as a mother to their children. And now all that remains is her ascension to the throne. As the mad, cruel queen. Winning at all cost, even that of her children.

Two boys falling out of high windows began and will likely end their great love story.

*nods* Plus you can't go all Jihad Jane on a city without consequences. It will be one thing for everyone else to see her as a pariah. But for Jamie to turn on her, especially right after his speech to Edmure Tully, that's gonna leave a mark.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where was the Hound? I thought the actor who played Sandor Clegane was in the cast list for the episode>

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well they made this simple, in case anyone was thinking it was going to be trickier to prove who Jon's dad was:

HBO just low key confirmed who Jon Snow’s dad is

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cersei was born into one of the most powerful families in Westeros and married the king. In no way did she come up from nothing by her own skills. She started at near the top.

Now, once in the position, she played her skills fiercely, but her choices have been often poor, demonstrating her limited wisdom and foresight. But she is a survivor and is willing to sacrifice anything to stay in the game.

Since i am - as most fans - waiting to see jon, Danny and Tyrion succeed, i don't see that not happening at this moment. However, then there wouldn't be a story. Whitewalkers, cercei and little finger are the only ones that are even slightly capable of stopping those three. So i assume in the next season whitewalkers would attack and cercei would manage to do 'something'. I just dont see the something happening now. Perhaps she would make an alliance with littlefinger.

Omgosh littlefinger + cercei. That will be a lovely couple.

And euron. We would be hard to deal with too.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Damn, my second favourite couple from game of thrones is dead now :p

Is all the love gone from the show yet? How long will Sam and Gilly last???

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tommen jumping out the window began the domino effect of crumbling their love. As one of the great things Jamie loved about Cersei is how fiercely loving she was as a mother to their children. And now all that remains is her ascension to the throne. As the mad, cruel queen. Winning at all cost, even that of her children.

Fans have theorized that Cersei will be killed by her brother, according to the witch's prophecy in the books. But Jaime, instead of Tyrion. The Show version of the Prophecy has now been realized, as she declared herself queen of the seven kingdoms but will be surpassed - not by Marjaery, but Daenerys. Love the insight and foreshadowing of GoT.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reading the past responses:

My
Wild
And
Crazy
Predictions

Cersei will be abandoned by Jaime. Mountain will die next season.
Jaime will befriend or may actually fall in love with the oath woman (I forgot her name, the one who swore to protect Sansa and other stark women)

Tyrion may or may not survive next season. I mean when they killed off Margaery I can't tell if our favorite and lovable characters will all stay alive.

I think it's going to be a very black and white outcome for denaerys, she'll either win amazingly or lose terribly.

And the cream of the crop thought: (which at least part of it makes so much sense that it pretty much has to be true in some way or another)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So.....