• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

EPISODE 8! I WANT TO SEE IT! AHHHHHH :yay:

Because I'm nice and won't make you YouTube it:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Qre:us

Almost nearing the end....this episode was lack-luster for me...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the Arya plotline overshadowed many of the good moments for me here.

Anyway, here again I wish the pace could have found a happy medium. I feel like we're losing some of the lovingly crafted details, and some of the plot elements are running thin and needed a little more time.

"... it's after midnight; does anyone know where Dorne is?"

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I lol'd at Missandei's joke.

Tater

Tater

[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] , do you think lady stoneheart has a chance of returning? how strong a chance is it? why or why not?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] , do you think lady stoneheart has a chance of returning? how strong a chance is it? why or why not?

Hi Floki,

I am not a book reader, so I don't know the details of Lady Stoneheart as far as plot goes (I know who she is); but from reading the essays of the people writing about it online, it sounded like there were hopes that she would appear this season. However, we have now passed the intersection points where people had been assuming Lady Stoneheart would be inserted into the plot, if indeed she would play a role.

I would also say that based on how even the current plot feels truncated in spots (dammit), I can't imagine them trying to put Lady Stoneheart into things abruptly -- and definitely not in the parts that could be predicted. On some level I wish they were going one more season beyond what is contracted, so they could actually flesh things back OUT a bit. I feel like things overall have gotten a bit thin, unsatisfactorily so. (Dorne is easily the worst example of this, it looks like they didn't finesse that one in the least, they just lopped it off in Episode 1.) even the whole Ramsay/Jon plot is something where we lost all the details in the middle ... yeah, they hate each other, and oh look, suddenly in episode 9 we are going to have a big battle to decide everything, okay. (Of course, Ramsay had lost his narrative potential awhile ago... you could just assume he'd do the shittiest thing possible in a given situation versus being a nuanced character with unexpected depths, although occasionally - like with the Frey daughter and baby -- a particular scene was shot chillingly.)

EDIT: Also adding that one of the intersection points was this past week, where Sandor meets the Brotherhood, and Berric Donarrion is still in charge. I think what happened in the book:

Also:
Game of Thrones director admits he's not had one discussion about Lady Stoneheart

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Dang they're making you love everyone. So you'll be so heart torn when they all fight.

Like maybe I'm starting to like Queen Margaery more than the Targaryen chick. :( :cry: :boohoo:

I wouldn't mind of most of the lannisters gone besides Tyrion.

Why does Natalie Dormer have to look so pretty?

the actress who plays queen maragery is so fucking gorgeous, I have a crush on her like i just want to sit in the same room as her.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some predictions/thoughts on the episode. I have not read the books.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This "Game of Thrones" theory correctly addresses the weird plot hole about Arya’s storyline

Apparently a Reddit user picked up on the same thing I did, that Arya's wounds were totally incompatible with survival.

Some people apparently are just fine with unbelievable elements in their stories (the article just seems to entertainment-pundit out by claiming, "We're just so happy she's still alive!"); unfortunately, I'm not really one of them. I really like the way some things have been handled, including Jon Snow coming back with his wounds still apparent on his body and such. I was so put off by (1) the normally wily Arya first being so stupid and gullible as to being blindsided in the first place and then (2) taking what amounts to mortal wounds and somehow managing a city-wide chase, a death duel, and then continuing to walk large distances and still not succumbing that now that entire storyline feels horrible to me... which is disappointing, because I liked Arya a great deal up to this point. There's been some stuff on GoT that seemed a bit unlikely, but this is one of the more glaring moments of incredulity that I'm being forced to swallow, without any sign that it's a ruse of some kind.

It also overshadowed some high-quality scenes in this episode -- less-flashy scenes like the Blackfish, Jamie and Brienne, and Jamie and Edmure. (Can I say that this is an episode where the normally timid Edmure actually has some balls? I love how he goes into the castle and just stands up to the Blackfish.) But that scene between him and Jamie... I love how complex it is, I love where Jamie has gone, I love how the whole scene is not what I expected nor is typical for an "interrogation" scene. And of course the weird never-romance-but-almost between Jaime and Brienne, and where she tries to return the sword.

Probably everyone is on the same page as me here, but it seems pretty clear that Cersie

----

A great article about the complexity of Jaime and Brienne's relationship:
Jaime and Brienne’s Relationship Isn’t Sexual -- Vulture

Qre:us

HELL YES!!!:happy0065:

Now that I have had the chance to muse over my initial reactions from this episode:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An incredible episode. I was actually shaking the whole time, my wife was laughing at me