• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
f7bdb81e08016156e25b25d688b80bf9

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The hodor thing kinda decreased my enthusiasm for the series somewhat, just something about a time travelling little shit making people retarded doesn't jive with me, and everyone just lost their shit when it happened, I'm just a little less invested in the show now. I read the books before watching the show and now everyone just shows up in the last season and starts hodoring everywhere. I was hodoring before it was hodor to hodor People are so hodor.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm finally caught up yay!! I don't have much analysis this morning just me and my friend watched episodes 4 and 5 last night and we were gonna watch something else after it was so intense and good that we decided that there was just too much to process that we ended up not watching anything else. So we'll watch the new episode on sunday then I go back to clarksville and going to watch the new episodes with my neighbor. I like having a GoT buddy it's the only way I actually pay attention and you have to pay attention or you're completely lost.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok here are two of my predictions and they could be way off.
I think Jon and Sansa are going to succeed in taking winterfell back

I don't think arya will succeed in becoming no one, just watch the scene with the play she's still very attached to being a stark emotionally. I think she chose this path and believes she wants because of everything that has happened to her throughout show. But I don't think she actually wants it, I think she doesn't know what she wants but thinks she does.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok here are two of my predictions and they could be way off.
I think Jon and Sansa are going to succeed in taking winterfell back

I think so. They've kind of written themselves into a corner by making Ramsay so awful, they can't really let him live story-wise.

I expect them to get Winterfell, but the Wall is going to come down eventually -- I don't think the Crows can hold it against the White Walkers. So they won't have Winterfell for long before it will be swamped by wraiths. maybe that's when Dany will finally cross the ocean.

I don't think arya will succeed in becoming no one, just watch the scene with the play she's still very attached to being a stark emotionally. I think she chose this path and believes she wants because of everything that has happened to her throughout show. But I don't think she actually wants it, I think she doesn't know what she wants but thinks she does.

I think that is correct too. Her list did get much smaller, I think it is down to three. But I think she'd rather kill the actress paying her to kill the older actress, versus killing the older actress. She's probably going to kill the younger one and then high-tail it.

The thing is, the Many-Faced God folks aren't dumb. I feel like they are manipulating her because they need someone on Arya's list killed for some reason (Cersei for not paying the debt to Bravos? Or someone else...) and so by her "quitting" and running home, I suspect it will fall exactly in line with what they brought her onboard to do all along. They sensed her desire for vengeance, they drew her overseas to train and shape her, and now they are releasing her to do their dirty work.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is, the Many-Faced God folks aren't dumb. I feel like they are manipulating her because they need someone on Arya's list killed for some reason (Cersei for not paying the debt to Bravos? Or someone else...) and so by her "quitting" and running home, I suspect it will fall exactly in line with what they brought her onboard to do all along. They sensed her desire for vengeance, they drew her overseas to train and shape her, and now they are releasing her to do their dirty work.

I thought that something smelled funny about the whole setup, especially when he was explaining to Arya that she was a so very special case, not being a slave or street rat. I imagine it's a very old cult, she can't be much of a unicorn, either the writers are getting lazy sloppily producing a super-Arya, or it's a setup for the future.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have finally caught up. On the plus side I now understand that scene from Indiana and the Temple of Doom. On the other hand watching GOT is pretty much admitting you're a masochist at this point.

Qre:us

Very excited by this episode,:

Oh, the possibilities. The puzzle pieces are all coming together now!!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Very excited by this episode,:

Oh, the possibilities. The puzzle pieces are all coming together now!!

I agree with everything and I miss Bron too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't really like this episode that much. I wish they'd find a happy medium between moving the plot along and allowing the characters to breathe again. Too much feels on the nose; in the past, when characters did things that seemed to be too abrupt or not quite make sense, usually it meant there was some kind of tomfoolery involved, some scheming or plotting, and things are not what they seem. Now everything seems straight-forward versus nuanced/multi-layered. The characters are in service of the plot, versus actually being themselves and driving the plot.

Anyway, more specific thoughts.

... and yes. More Bronn please. kaythanxbye

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't really like this episode that much. I wish they'd find a happy medium between moving the plot along and allowing the characters to breathe again. Too much feels on the nose; in the past, when characters did things that seemed to be too abrupt or not quite make sense, usually it meant there was some kind of tomfoolery involved, some scheming or plotting, and things are not what they seem. Now everything seems straight-forward versus nuanced/multi-layered. The characters are in service of the plot, versus actually being themselves and driving the plot.

... and yes. More Bronn please. kaythanxbye

Hm. I kind of liked it. Not the best episode but not bad.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought that something smelled funny about the whole setup, especially when he was explaining to Arya that she was a so very special case, not being a slave or street rat. I imagine it's a very old cult, she can't be much of a unicorn, either the writers are getting lazy sloppily producing a super-Arya, or it's a setup for the future.

I'm not actually watching this season... (i might at some point though) because I found the scenes visually too much... But... I will say that I always though the Arya many faced Gods thing was always destined for more. I mean that I think they knew she would rebel... they have been trying to break her and want her to resist and only then will she truly reach her potential/be on the right path. So i think it's some kind of test, after all she was sent there... they had to be expecting her. I think Arya will surprise everyone in the future.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
The Sparrow just managed to form another holy Roman Empire thanks to a wimpy king. In his defense he is quite young and having to deal with religious scriptures that are vast, vague and have an invisible god/s is no easy task.

Separation of religion and state people, this and the last season keeps reminding how important it is.

Also on another aspect I like about GoTs is the author's ability to humanize characters. At the beginning I just wanted cersie Jamie and the lannisters to suffer and die but now i want them to survive fight and win (win something).

Qre:us

I really like how the series is now moving on from being entrenched in the characters, to moving the zoom out on the lens, so we are not tied to the perspective of one chess piece's view/perspective, to now being able to start to see the whole board (or parts of it). Over the seasons, the characters, their motivations (most of them), have been revealed, they're not simply players in a game, but each (big players) has had their characters fleshed out. Now, we are reminded, that it is indeed a game, and get to see the larger scope of it.

My favourite was Arya's SL in this most recent episode. Through watching the play, she was able to view the happenings of the past, in a new light. Giggle some at the skewed interpretation, but also self-reflect. Most notably, on Cersei's character. She had always thought of Cersei as black/white. The hated. On the list. Personal grudge. Now she realizes, like we have come to, that Cersei is still a very terrible human being, but she was motivated by something 'pure'/relatable, almost. A shared value. Mother's love. I think, through the brilliant performance of the actress playing Cersei, a light bulb went off in Arya's head. Of a life that still echoes to her. Of her own values (killing for the sake of killing, because one has been instructed to, vs., killing because they 'deserve' it).....was wonderful to see. Arya looking at her reflection for a split second before putting in the poison in the rum jug. Then, preventing the actress from drinking it. To finally reclaiming her identity back. And knowing what it means for her (imminent death). And choosing to await that battle.

In the sewer system down below the city of Bravoos, she waits with Needle. No one has no shadows, she was told. In the candlelight, there it is, the shadow of Arya Stark illuminated larger than life, on its walls. And she snuffs out the candle, snuffing out her shadow, covering herself in darkness, and waits..........

Was beautiful story arc, with character development wonderfully woven in there.

It also showed how difficult it is to become a "Faceless Men". Because even the Waif, the star pupil to Arya's failing, cannot truly give up her own motivations. As, when Ja'quen instructs to not make the girl (Arya) suffer, you see her sinister smile. It's personal. Yet, the motto of the Faceless Men is death is not personal. All men must die.

I think Arya's old instructor from King's Landing might just make an appearance in her time of need.

As the Faceless Men says: All men must die.

And her instructor (forgot his name?) had told her: What do we say to the God of death? Not today.:wubbie:

I'm even wondering if her instructor is the actress playing Cersei....hmm....

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My recent thoughts on the Arya storyline and possibly a way it could retain GRRM's level of plot complexity:

Also, I knew I knew who was playing Lady Crane but couldn't quite put a name to her. Duh. It's Essie Davis. The first thing I ever saw her in wasn't really a highlight for her career -- she played Maggie in The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions. The most recent thing I've seen her in was "The Babadook" -- she carried that movie brilliantly on her own shoulders, it was quite the tour de force. But she's been in a ton of movies and TV shows.

Tater

sophie turner really steals the show, and the guys who play sam and tommen aren't bad actors either if you ask me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think Arya's old instructor from King's Landing might just make an appearance in her time of need.
And her instructor (forgot his name?) had told her: What do we say to the God of death? Not today.:wubbie:

Syrio "Boy, girl, You are a sword, that is all"