• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In a sense, he was just being pragmatic.
They've been coming through a cold winter and have few supplies.
Few of us have been in that situation.

But yeah, lol.
I'm surprised he doesn't grow a moustache so he can twirl it for us.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay the first episode of season 6 was quite poor, imo.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it looks like the Dorne plotline was trashed pretty completely, at least in comparison to the book. I'm not sure why Oberyn was fleshed out so well, for it to become oversimplified and lead nowhere. (Unless Ellaria is a usurper now and thus has power -- I don't think she had any actual legal standing, as merely a consort? -- and will try to make an alliance with the remnants of the Targaryans to bring destruction to the Lannisters.)

---

I'm not sure what the expectations are for a season opener, after months of people forgetting the storyline. It makes sense to hit on each thread to refresh everyone's memory. And even the short segments typically had something in each that stuck out, versus being entirely forgettable.

Next week they should be going more deeply into fewer storylines, including Bran.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I loved the first episode. I don't know what you guys are in cahoots about, it is the first episode so not everything is going to be plot juicy.

I really hope to see Brandon Stark next episode though.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am now regretting get rid of my HBO. Oh well, I can watch it when I visit my parents in about a month.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
brienne is and will always be my fucking queen.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I am looking forward to seeing Bran's story-line too. I have read some chapters in the books, it was very interesting. Perhaps through his visions they will reveal a plot secret? Their will be scenes from the past/future. The first episode didn't work for me. Compare E1 to the previous series, like the opening of season 4:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Booya.

I feel like this season, they've gotten pretty bloodthirsty. But overall the episode moved right along.

Big episode spoilers, you have been warned:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Booya.

I feel like this season, they've gotten pretty bloodthirsty. But overall the episode moved right along.

Big episode spoilers, you have been warned:

"Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face." I love these two, more for their expressions and body language than what is actually said.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face." I love these two, more for their expressions and body language than what is actually said.

Definitely. despite their penchant to explain at times, both of them seem to intuitively grasp each other and they're each other's intellectual equals.

While Tyrion pulled it off, it was a pretty crazy idea even for him to stake one's life on.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The constant online talk prevents there from being something new....if there is any plausible idea about something, it gets talked to death.

You kinda have to live under a rock to not hear about everything.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Of all the problems that stood out to me with this episode's plot, I think the most blaring was Roose Bolton thinking attacking Castle Black was a bad idea because it would turn northern lords against them. He orchestrated the Red Wedding, which he knew would turn them against him more than anything else, yet he is worried about executing a Lord Commander who let Wildlings through the wall? The North would praise him for it.

For episode 1 it was probably Davos helping deal with the Jon Snow situation, which only makes sense in the audience's mind. They're both 'good guys' so why wouldn't Davos beg for the black magic (which he despises) that he's also never heard of in order to resurrect an easily replaceable Lord Commander (that was a divisive leader from his perspective)? Because the audience knows about resurrection and empathizes with both characters thus groups them together. That said Tyrion walking around with no guards is a close second, as are the disappearing dogs and the continued super powers of Brienne.

I could go on and on...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so