• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
He could have pulled a Tywin and ruled in all but name behind his brother. It was silly and why I could never fully support/go with it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he just had too rigid a sense of what was "right" versus not. Anything not specifically aligning with that was seen as dishonorable/wrong. Very much a literalist.

Yes, if he had been a different person, he could have flexed and been successful, and the Lannisters would no longer be on the throne. But he wasn't. He was Stannis.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Stannis was so damned stupid. In the books he was good at millitary strategy, but he had no diplomatic sense, there, either. He could have allied with his brother and Robb, but instead he had to get all pissy about how the Iron Throne was his and his alone. I've seen that kind of short-sightedness blow up in people's faces before.

Except none of the 5 kings allied with any of the other. Lmfao.

Pissing on potential allies repeatedly for no tactical advantage is no way to win a fight.

Save this for Robb Stark. He executed his bannerman for killing a pow. He then pissed off his 'most sleazy ally' by breaking his vows.

You're just reaching for reasons to hate Stannis, and now it's just becoming pathetically hilarious.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the whole thing is silly. Why has this become a pissing/trolling match over Stannis? He's just some guy in a book. He made some mistakes. They all did. Anyone can like whatever character they want.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the whole thing is silly. Why has this become a pissing/trolling match over Stannis? He's just some guy in a book. He made some mistakes. They all did. Anyone can like whatever character they want.

Stannis would have had the red woman burn half his kingdom if he won. Other than that, you are correct that it is purely fiction, and thus doesn't matter.

Qre:us

^ Swirlielight, you remind me of someone, only less cute.

grumpy-cat-600x450.jpg

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
^ Swirlielight, you remind me of someone, only less cute.

I was waiting for the ad hominem just because I disagree with the circle jerk, and because you cannot refute my points. Either way I'm outta here, you all can blow each other while telling each other how much you hate Stannis.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was waiting for the ad hominem just because I disagree with the circle jerk, and because you cannot refute my points. Either way I'm outta here, you all can blow each other while telling each other how much you hate Stannis.

I hate Stannis, and anyone that likes him is a crumbum.

39149244.jpg

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
39149244.jpg

Except I haven't posted nearly as many as the other frequent posters in this thread. I've only posted rebuttals, for the most part. Stop showing your blatant bias and delusion.

Oh wait, nevermind, you're right. I see now. It's because my rebuttals seem serious and refer to things in the canon that contradict what the original posters are saying. That must mean I take things very seriously. You got me.

Except I haven't posted nearly as many as the other frequent posters in this thread. I've only posted rebuttals, for the most part. Stop showing your blatant bias and delusion.

Oh wait, nevermind, you're right. I see now. It's because my rebuttals seem serious and refer to things in the canon that contradict what the original posters are saying. That must mean I take things very seriously. You got me.

What's the difference between being engaged in interesting discussions about a show and getting butthurt over a character, Alex?

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
What's the difference between being engaged in interesting discussions about a show and getting butthurt over a character, Alex?

Actually most of my original posts have a consistent theme of light-hearted jest. I quote

That may be true. But he went out like a boss. Ned stark went out on his knees. Joffrey went out by eating pidgeon pie. Rob got betrayed by his bannermen and cried to his mommy. Tywin went out while taking a crap. Balon died crossing a bridge. Robert got killed by a pig. Stannis was the first in line to charge when outnumbered against calvary. He took on a two v one and won while injured. He could've taken down the big bitch if he wanted but he felt the world saw enough of how much of a bad ass he was and decided to give the iron throne to someone else.

All other posts, which I'm guessing you're referring to, when you say 'getting butthurt', were usually one line responses that contradict the op. Hardly any emotional investment involved whatsoever. You're reading far too in between the lines, and missing the obvious. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not nearly as bright as you think you are. (Most people who can only communicate via memes generally are in this categoy)

You're reading far too in between the lines, and missing the obvious. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not nearly as bright as you think you are. (Most people who can only communicate via memes generally are in this categoy)

Now, I ask, how can anyone be brighter than you, Swivelinglight?

:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate Stannis, and anyone that likes him is a crumbum.

If only they were crumb buns. I could feast upon their souls for nourishment.

cbc%20(1).JPG

----

Thank god True Detective is starting in three days. I don't know what we'd talk about in this thread for the next year otherwise (and if it's Stannis, I'll go mad).

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah stannis used to burn non believers alive. Such actions seem contrary to his personality. Does the boojs say how he became such a fanatic?

Cant call him a fanatic. He still seemed faithless to the firelord. Just using it as a tool for its magical powers.

So... Is anyone else is hoping to see Jon snow as a white walker?

This is what i predicted starting this season. However, a person who read the book said it's wrong. He said a song of ice and fire is about the starks and the targarians. Even though the title in that regard makes sense, it doesn't take away the possibility of jon would becoming a white walker.

However, i didnt raise that point not wanting to offend him. Sometimes i do that not because i want to keep the peace but because i see potential from that person to do me good or do me harm.

But most times i do that because book readers are sometimes snarky.