• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you think so

I like the Hound much better, in truth, but Joffrey did last longer than Ned Stark, and Robb Stark, and he put that upstart Tyrion in his place. If it weren't for those sneaky ladies of House Tyrell, he would still be in the game.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like the Hound much better, in truth, but Joffrey did last longer than Ned Stark, and Robb Stark, and he put that upstart Tyrion in his place. If it weren't for those sneaky ladies of House Tyrell, he would still be in the game.

LOL :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jon was a dud for many seasons. I thought he finally came to life in the last 12 episodes or so.
Alas. If he had stayed turtled up, maybe things would have been different.

Again, let's harken back to the title of the episode with Master Aemon: "Kill the boy. Kill the boy, and let the man be born." You kinda see all this coming. Birthings are never easy.

I think we're past spoiler embargo at this point. I can't even read article titles in Yahoo's feed without seeing all the spoilers for last night's episode; they're headlining them now.

Don't forget Littlefinger. He might only have a little finger, but I haven't seen him in a skirt yet.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Huh.

I felt it was a step up from e9 (aside from the centerpiece of the death of Shireen, which was its high point), as more got tied up and there was satisfaction on most threads, although a few felt rushed unfortunately.

Yes some felt rushed but I was shocked they got it all in the one hour. I don't think it makes sense to compare it with the books at this point (I'm still pissed about Penny, I'm just putting that out there) so I won't. I don't think this is the last we see of the Lord Commander though.

Speaking of Kit Harington, this looks so ridiculous, I'll watch it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Jon was a dud for many seasons. I thought he finally came to life in the last 12 episodes or so.
Alas. If he had stayed turtled up, maybe things would have been different.

He should have learned turtle power.

Again, let's harken back to the title of the episode with Master Aemon: "Kill the boy. Kill the boy, and let the man be born." You kinda see all this coming. Birthings are never easy.

No, they aren't.

As a side note, I think this series is supposed to follow a chiastic structure, one where things come full circle. Martin said that the series is going to end with everyone back at Winterfell. If the Hound isn't dead (we never saw him die onscreen), does this mean a rematch of his fight with the Mountain in the tourney from Season 1?
Don't forget Littlefinger. He might only have a little finger, but I haven't seen him in a skirt yet.

Chaos is a ladder, but something tells me he isn't going to succeed at whatever the hell he is trying to do. Nevertheless, he's tricky.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a side note, I think this series is supposed to follow a chiastic structure, one where things come full circle. Martin said that the series is going to end with everyone back at Winterfell.

I didn't really think of a chiasm, but that would be rather cool honestly. (And what if in the end, if Jon makes it, this means Dani rules in King's Landing as her ancestors and Jon would rule the north, but in a strong alliance, in Winterfell?) Or maybe King's Landing is destroyed as per the vision, and Winterfell is actually the center of all the kingdoms, which includes the lands beyond the wall? But that doesn't seem as feasible due to lack of trade / water access.

If the Hound isn't dead (we never saw him die onscreen), does this mean a rematch of his fight with the Mountain in the tourney from Season 1?

:) I have my suspicions...

Chaos is a ladder, but something tells me he isn't going to succeed at whatever the hell he is trying to do.

Alas. I have no idea who would win, any outcome is plausible. But the Hound would rather die fighting, not in a heap at the bottom of a cliff somewhere rotting away...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't really think of a chiasm, but that would be rather cool honestly. (And what if in the end, if Jon makes it, this means Dani rules in King's Landing as her ancestors and Jon would rule the north, but in a strong alliance, in Winterfell?) Or maybe King's Landing is destroyed as per the vision, and Winterfell is actually the center of all the kingdoms, which includes the lands beyond the wall?

I would love that. A return to prominence of Winterfell.

:) I have my suspicions...

Keep in mind that the bloodshed really started with the Mountain pillaging the riverlands at Tywin's orders. He was there at the very beginning of all this.

Alas. I have no idea who would win, any outcome is plausible. But the Hound would rather die fighting, not in a heap at the bottom of a cliff somewhere rotting away...

Well, he wanted Arya to kill him. Her sparing him might have screwed with his head, in a good way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep in mind that the bloodshed really started with the Mountain pillaging the riverlands at Tywin's orders. He was there at the very beginning of all this.

Yeah, you're talking about events shown in Season 1 here, where Ned (as Hand) basically damns Gregor for raiding the riverlands and sends a group of knights out to execute him? (yeah, that didn't go so well.) I think season 6 is supposed to go back to the riverlands.

Well, he wanted Arya to kill him. Her sparing him might have screwed with his head, in a good way.

Maybe. You need something to live for.

It affected Arya. The faceless ones reprimanded her for lying when she said she didn't care about him.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, you're talking about events shown in Season 1 here, where Ned (as Hand) basically damns Gregor for raiding the riverlands and sends a group of knights out to execute him? (yeah, that didn't go so well.) I think season 6 is supposed to go back to the riverlands.

We never saw him do it on screen, but he had someone send Ned a message in the throne room. A great deal of Arya's travel in seasons 3 and 4 were also through the riverlands. Where did you hear that about season 6?

Maybe. You need something to live for.

It affected Arya. The faceless ones reprimanded her for lying when she said she didn't care about him.

Yeah, I don't really like the faceless men, but it might be something Arya needs to do for now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We never saw him do it on screen, but he had someone send Ned a message in the throne room. A great deal of Arya's travel in seasons 3 and 4 were also through the riverlands. Where did you hear that about season 6?

Don't ask me. I've read so many articles on Vox and Verge and wherever else over this season, it was in them / in an interview somewhere, I think.

Yeah, I don't really like the faceless men, but it might be something Arya needs to do for now.

As a side note, I find it amusing how people just don't know how to grasp the faceless men. Reviews keep referring to Jaqen as if he was real or "I'm so glad Jaqen isn't really dead" but NO ... there is no Jaqen! That was the whole point, which is pretty breathtaking. He's just a face that pulls off, worn by whoever happens to be wearing him. He doesn't exist. Once upon a time, he was someone who died, and now his face is being used. Was the Jaqen (or the other Jaqen) or any of the Jaqens Arya has seen ever been the same Jaqen? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? Individuals don't exist. They are truly no one.

if Arya goes in, she isn't coming out. I think she'll break out before she totally loses herself.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, that was a pretty packed and intense episode. If I'm on that show, I'd want to restructure my contract so that I'm never to appear in Episode 9 or 10. (Except in the final season.)

So, do you guys think Stannis is really dead? I'm not so sure. They didn't actually show his death, afterall, and you know the rule about off screen deaths to major characters. Still, it could be argued we were seeing his final moments through this eyes, and Brienne didn't look like a happy woman.

Initially, I was 100% sure he was still alive... but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, that was a pretty packed and intense episode. If I'm on that show, I'd want to restructure my contract so that I'm never to appear in Episode 9 or 10. (Except in the final season.)

So, do you guys think Stannis is really dead? I'm not so sure. They didn't actually show his death, afterall, and you know the rule about off screen deaths to major characters. Still, it could be argued we were seeing his final moments through this eyes, and Brienne didn't look like a happy woman.

I think Stannis is dead. After everything that happened to him, what else is left for his character to do, anyway?

Jon may or may not be back.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Stannis is dead. After everything that happened to him, what else is left for his character to do, anyway?

Yeah, that's what I'm beginning to think. They need to start removing story lines to make room for the new ones next season, and they only have 2 more seasons to wrap this all up.

I just wish they hadn't made it ambiguous.

Jon may or may not be back.

The show runners and Kit Harrington are doing a hell of a job selling the fact that he's dead, I'll say that much.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Welp. Dorne was a bust till the very end. They could have handled it in two episodes.

Jon's story could go this way or that, but I sincerely doubt that the Night's King (the actual big bad of the entire series), would meet Jon and take the time to personally puff his chest out to him if the show runners were actually planning on ending Kit Harrington's contract. The only reason they have to kill Jon Snow, imho, is to spite book readers and their wacky theories.

So if Jon's dead, then I guess all I have left to care about in Westeros is the Greyjoy plot line, (which they are casting in season 6). The Greyjoy storyline is one of my favorites in the entire series.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Kit Harrington may or may not be back, but I feel pretty sure Jon Snow will be, whether he worgs into Wolf or gets a blood magic resurrection.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Initially, I was 100% sure he was still alive... but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.

I think Stannis is dead. I don't think Brienne would have left until she was 100% sure she had kept her vow.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Brienne would have left until she was 100% sure she had kept her vow.

I agree with that. So is there anything that would have made her change her mind at the last second? That's the only recourse I see here, for Stannis to have lived. (Other than her getting cut down by someone or something right before she kills him.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with that. So is there anything that would have made her change her mind at the last second? That's the only recourse I see here, for Stannis to have lived. (Other than her getting cut down by someone or something right before she kills him.)

You know, I think it would have been wiser for her to kill the Hound to avenge Renly's death. That would have made sense.