• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started watching Vikings to fill the void.

traitor.jpg

G

Ginkgo

:duel:

EDIT:

FTR: Even though I appreciate the aesthetics of Vikings more, I think GoT is a much better show on the whole. Most characters from Martin's novels at least have, what I would call, "2 dimensions" to them, whereas Vikings is mostly full of 1 dimensional characters. The characters of greater complexity get far less screen time. The net result is that Vikings partially lives up to its producer's niche, looking almost like a documentary, while at the same time looking like a work of fiction. So it's as though it can't even make up its mind about what it wants to be. Whereas GoT clearly defines how it captures the audience.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:duel:

EDIT:

FTR: Even though I appreciate the aesthetics of Vikings more, I think GoT is a much better show on the whole. Most characters from Martin's novels at least have, what I would call, "2 dimensions" to them, whereas Vikings is mostly full of 1 dimensional characters. The characters of greater complexity get far less screen time. The net result is that Vikings partially lives up to its producer's niche, looking almost like a documentary, while at the same time looking like a work of fiction. So it's as though it can't even make up its mind about what it wants to be. Whereas GoT clearly defines how it captures the audience.

Just couldn't get into Vikings. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Thought I'd be hooked after seeing that epic title scene and music.

Seemed a little contrived (great cinematography like you said though).

Then again, I only watched 18 minutes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7 Things You Need To Know About The Deadliest Character In 'Game Of Thrones'

With Oberyn set up to play a pivotal role (if you haven't watched the latest episode yet, please do so immediately!) we thought we'd flesh out what makes the Dornishman such a legend. Trust us, the backstory justifies his infamy...

(7 backstory elements)

No 2: He's one of the most feared fighters in Westeros.
He was deadly at the age of 16 and only became more so as he grew older. He fought not only in tournaments and duels and battles around Westeros, but also spent a significant amount of time in Essos.

He traveled in the Free Cities, where he learned the art of poisons; he fought with the famous mercenary company, the Second Sons (now led by Daario Naharis in service of the Daenerys) before forming his own company.

His weapon of choice is pretty daunting, too: "The spear was turned ash eight feet long, the shaft smooth, thick and heavy. The last two feet of that was steel: a slender leaf-shaped spearhead narrowing to a wicked spike." (Quote from Storm of Swords, Tyrion chapter)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
90's style opening theme

TWO MORE DAYS BIATCHES!! WOO HOO!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That was awesome. I'd watch that show, too.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This one takes a little commitment to get to the funny part, but fortunately I loved the scene so I didn't mind watching it again.

PS, spoilers, violent content, etc.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, good ol' Leroy Jenkins!

And that clip has one of the best lines evah:

Awesome clip, too.
Harrowing.

BWCB1890

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Great poster from Yahoo TV. Can't wait to see Littlefinger's trial and the trial by combat. I hope that Sansa helps Littlefinger and he doesn't get in trouble for killing Lysa.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great poster from Yahoo TV. Can't wait to see Littlefinger's trial and the trial by combat. I hope that Sansa helps Littlefinger and he doesn't get in trouble for killing Lysa.

Is there going to be a trial for Littlefinger?

I don't think anyone other than Sansa and Littlefinger witnessed what happened, and Littlefinger was married to Lysa, so he's now Lord of the Aerie. It pretty much comes down to Sansa squealing on Littlefinger, and to be honest he kind of saved her life because Lysa was so bugnuts and would have killed Sansa at some point. Littlefinger is also the only person she knows in that place now.

For me, the big question is, "What happens to Robin?" That boy is really messed up.

(Note: I didn't read the books so I have no idea what happens in the future, to avoid the spoilers.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's about the time once again where I regret not actually having HBO. Sigh.