• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Wednesday and I won't see the next episode until Monday night.
This sucks. Sigh. Still fighting hard to avoid peeking at spoilers.

-----

I really appreciate Varys as well. (I think I've listed him before as one of my favored characters.) While I don't like spiders (I have a natural repulsion/anxiety), I view him as a positive one spinning his webs to keep the garden intact.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It comes on Monday nights where you live? I will stop posting my immediate reaction after the show then and use spoiler tags. I thought it showed on Sunday nights. I will use spoilers, I have liked reading your input so far. I had the same reaction as you but I am much more disappointed in Tywin. Yes, I get that Tyrion is a disgrace to him, but he is still his son. I thought he took pride in his family blood. I saw how he didn't seem to give two shits about Joffrey because no one did really (except Cersei). After the show I love to talk about it, and my husband loves the show but not to my obsession.

I am voting Lord Tywin worst father of the year. Damn he is so cold, I always knew it but l oddly admired him. I enjoyed seeing Tyrion's rage! He is usually so calm, jaded and witty...and his stupid whore Shae, yes she is officially a stupid whore in my book. Also, that seemed out of character for her, she seemed deeper than that. Tyrion didn't have to doorslam her so hard but she was getting super annoying and taking huge risks toward the end. She was always meh to me anyway.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It comes on Monday nights where you live?

No, I don't have cable, and the streaming sites I use usually don't get a good copy of the episode up until Monday morning/afternoon.

I will stop posting my immediate reaction after the show then and use spoiler tags. I thought it showed on Sunday nights. I will use spoilers, I have liked reading your input so far.

Well, if you want. I usually do use spoilers until Tuesday or so, just so everyone's had a chance to catch up, but I usually also avoid this thread until I see the current episode.

I had the same reaction as you but I am much more disappointed in Tywin. Yes, I get that Tyrion is a disgrace to him, but he is still his son. I thought he took pride in his family blood. I saw how he didn't seem to give two shits about Joffrey because no one did really (except Cersei). After the show I love to talk about it, and my husband loves the show but not to my obsession.

Tywin has been really interesting. I can't say he's a cad, he DOES march to his own drummer and have his own code, but at the same time people are expendable to him as individuals... they are merely required to play their roles. He comes off as Lawful Evil (Or just Lawful Neutral at best). Note how some of the characters have made the same complaints to him that you have here. When Tyrion brought it up and even suggested that Tywin appealed to family because he was the one deciding what family "meant," Tywin said in effect, "How dare you, of course I treat you as a son. I wanted you dead when you were born [you were a dwarf, and my wife died to bring you into the world], it took everything in me not to drown you as a baby. But you are family, so I treated you as such even if I loathe you."

But Tywin's idea of family isn't really compassion, closeness, warm fuzzies, etc. The "family" is an institution of sorts, and everyone is a cog in the machine of family, and you do what you need to do to maintain family. Even here, he's fine with damning Tyrion to the Wall (since executing him would look even worse for the Lannister name) as long as it gets Jaime home to sire children. Everyone plays a role to accomplish a goal. Very Te style.

EDIT: Let's get back to Joffrey as well. Tywin seems to have thought little of Joffrey. The boy was a disaster, from his perspective. There was no way to control him, either. There were many scenes where Joffrey would act out and Tywin maintained his composure (he's like a snake waiting quietly in the grass) but seemed to be seething at the boy's lack of honor and dignity befitting the crown. Maybe Tywin disrespects Tyrion in private, but in public he maintains the facade; Joffrey was disrespecting Tyrion publicly, his elder and a member of his own family. At the Purple Wedding, both Olenna and Tywin had hate in their eyes regarding Joffrey, as far as I could tell; he brought shame on the dignity of their houses.

And after Joffrey's demise, the hilarious part is that Tywin really doesn't even seem to care. He uses him as a negative object lesson for Tommen ("Don't be a Joffrey, he wasn't wise") and otherwise would like to pretend Joffrey never existed. He shows no interest in his death, aside from using it as an opportunity to get Tyrion out of King's Landing and Jaime back home. Again, they are just pawns in Tywin's game of arranging the Lannister fortunes.

I am voting Lord Tywin worst father of the year. Damn he is so cold, I always knew it but l oddly admired him.

I don't really know what Tywin "feels." He is all about the goal. I can catch little glimpses (I think he's devastated by his wife's death and takes that anger out in cold ways on Tyrion), but he doesn't really let himself sit in those vulnerabilities. A lot of anger under the surface, generated from hurts in his life, and a large desire for control.

I enjoyed seeing Tyrion's rage! He is usually so calm, jaded and witty...

Breakthrough moment for him.

and his stupid whore Shae, yes she is officially a stupid whore in my book. Also, that seemed out of character for her, she seemed deeper than that.

I guess she wasn't. She's just more on the surface/literal than Tyrion. But you can tell in the show that apparently she did love him, and so she wants to hurt him as badly as he hurt her.

Tyrion didn't have to doorslam her so hard but she was getting super annoying and taking huge risks toward the end. She was always meh to me anyway.

She wouldn't leave. It was a drastic ploy, but none of his other ploys worked. He knew his father's threats, he knows his father would hang her in front of him, and he heard Cersei (bitch!) point Shae out during the giving of Joffrey's wedding presents (?)... Shae had a few hours at best to leave town, or she'd be hanging. Drastic times, drastic measures.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thursday. No new GoT for another four days.

crying%20sansa.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To go along with my earlier point about the parallels between Jaime and Tyrion -- I rewatched the trial scene tonight, and when Tyrion walks into the throne room, if you listen, you can hear someone out in the crowd call him "Kingslayer." Tyrion turns a bit toward the sound and scowls.

... "to strike down the most noble child that the gods put on this earth." Shovel it on deeper, yeesh....

And I have to say I love the way all four Lannisters keep exchanging looks during the proceedings. There is so much unspoken communication going back and forth between this one and that, probing, searching, questioning.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lesson learned today, only post my GoT reactions in spoiler mode.

Sorry guys... :doh: :blush:

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^LOL at Bronn

Honorable mention: Robert Baratheon and Kharl Drogo. The Hound was hot!

I like Charles Dance because he agreed to do the movie "Your Highness", which got terrible reviews but I laughed so hard at that movie and I wasn't high.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone had tried to tell me there wasn't an episode tonight, but they're wrong -- "Mockingbird" is tonight. But it looks like next week is skipped, until June 1.

Episode 8 has the curious name of "The Mountain and the Viper" -- which i can't help but think refers to two specific characters.

Then comes "The Watchers on the Wall" (gee, hard to guess for that one) + finally "The Children." Which could refer to the outcomes this season of various "kids" of the conflicting families.

--

A friend just lent me the first three books. So I might start doing some reading.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Got a glimpse of the third actor to have portrayed the mountain tonight. And a few things the book readers already knew were confirmed for the rest of you guys.

Things are getting mighty interesting in the Vale...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was so desperate to see this, I found a new site to stream from... lol. Anyhoo:

Got a glimpse of the third actor to have portrayed the mountain tonight.

ha! I *thought* that was a different guy!
But they've all been pretty damnably big.

Meanwhile, my disgust for Cersie continues to grow by leaps, bounds, and dives through the Moon door. Is there no depth to which she is unwilling to stoop?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Geez louise. No wonder everyone is crapping their pants.
If only he were hairier, he'd really be scary.

Creeper line:

Also, it seems that returning Arya to the Starks for ransom has reached the level of "great idea that goes nowhere." It looks like "The Brienne and Podrick Comedy Show" might have some long-term competition from "Starksky & Hound." (And who is really whose sidekick in that pairing?)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There needs to be a Dany spin-off where she's on screen 100% of the time, and naked at least 80.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was a nice touch to see a little man-butt last night. :D
How much boobage has aired so far?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was a nice touch to see a little man-butt last night. :D
How much boobage has aired so far?
Depends.

If one boobage is a scene with boobs, the average must be somewhere around 2 per episode.

If one boobage is a pair of boobs however, it's a lot higher.

According to this, the average is 5.6 boobs per episode (I'm guessing from season 1):

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always feel bad for the .6 of a boob that is missing the other .4.