• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand how everyone can so quickly forget what a monster Jaime was. No one remembers that he had a huge hand in

I didn't forget, do you not read all my posts? What's wrong with you? :

It's like to me, that scene, was more Cersei's protesting cuz dead-Joffrey was right there. Not that that's an excuse, but "rape" in those times was as common as murdering a Stark. My bigger point is that it doesn't make Jaimie a monster. Well shit, he kind of already is; he does like to defenestrate children. Keep that in mind. It's all relative. These are murdering, manipulative, lying, amoral characters here. This show does a fantastic job of making evil characters likeable. What's one half-rape added to the mix?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I agree that Jaime was always an amoral character, but I think the issue with that scene is the fact that so many do see it as ambiguous in the first place, which suggests something about the perception of those people or perhaps how that scene was portrayed.

But a lot of people like their characters to be clearly outlined in their moral codes. Jamie isn't, but it is jarring how contrasted and heavy handed those scenes make him appear.

Oh I see what you did there...

(but srsly, I like that he's not so black and white anymore. You can't predict him right now, and it's awesome.)

I didn't forget, do you not read all my posts? What's wrong with you? :

:hifive: I'm with you on all accounts. :solidarity:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But a lot of people like their characters to be clearly outlined in their moral codes. Jamie isn't, but it is jarring how contrasted and heavy handed those scenes make him appear.

I actually have exactly the opposite complaint. Before, he was nuanced. I love grey characters and he's one of my favourite characters, possibly the top one, for that reason. Adding in that scene makes him cross out of grey and into irredeemable territory, and thus he becomes boring again. Not quite a Joffrey, but bad enough.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I actually have exactly the opposite complaint. Before, he was nuanced. I love grey characters and he's one of my favourite characters, possibly the top one, for that reason. Adding in that scene makes him cross out of grey and into irredeemable territory, and thus he becomes boring again. Not quite a Joffrey, but bad enough.

That's what I meant by heavy handed. Like you said it just draws a line.... Then rubs it out and draws a circle round him instead that he can't step away from.

Mind you there is the child pushing as well. Hmmm maybe my language structure wasn't very good there.... Damn and it was my only good subject.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More about Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey.

Ah I wondered whether this would happen. I kept thinking to myself this poor guy is going to be typecast as douchey rich white guy number one, and that he would have to spend the next few years playing outlier indie roles to break it. Good move on his part.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

yeah, exactly. I appreciated the nuance of his character being in a grey area morally before this happened, but this was a truly ham-fisted way of creating more nuance, if that's what they were going for.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been thinking more about it... Maybe it was already mentioned above (I don't feel like rereading the entire thread to check), but maybe if we set aside good/bad for the moment and considered Jaime's actions in light of family/not-family:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Been thinking more about it... Maybe it was already mentioned above (I don't feel like rereading the entire thread to check), but maybe if we set aside good/bad for the moment and considered Jaime's actions in light of family/not-family:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
God. I don't know whether that's good writing or bad. It's a little over the top, lol, with a dallop of fan fic style drama.

...Then again, apparently people buy it.

:laugh: Yeah I don't remember it being so... cheesy when I was reading it, considering the darkness of the book usually. I think when you're reading through so many heavy chapters though, that doesn't sound so bad and it gives you a little breath of air. Out of the context, yeah.. it looks a little Twilight. :rofl1:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Yeah I don't remember it being so... cheesy when I was reading it, considering the darkness of the book usually. I think when you're reading through so many heavy chapters though, that doesn't sound so bad and it gives you a little breath of air. Out of the context, yeah.. it looks a little Twilight. :rofl1:

...I kind of skimmed over much of your spoiler because as I started to read it looks like something further in the story I don't want to know about until it happens.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
...I kind of skimmed over much of your spoiler because as I started to read it looks like something further in the story I don't want to know about until it happens.

Ah!! I forgot you haven't read them! @_@~! so sorry, nooo don't look then! :laugh:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Permabanned

Oh you mean that part when *censored* goes to *censored* and then meets up with *censored* and they *censored* and *censored* and then the *censored* takes place?

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]
(I don't think I'm spoiling much at this point, but) I never really say Jaime as a monster. He's a bit of a dick, and he's willing to do what he has to do to protect his family, but he's a lot less unnecessarily cruel than most of the other characters, one of the only people who is nice to Jaime and, in a roundabout way, does have some vestiges of an honor code
PS: season 4 ep 3 spoiler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]
(I don't think I'm spoiling much at this point, but) I never really say Jaime as a monster. He's a bit of a dick, and he's willing to do what he has to do to protect his family, but he's a lot less unnecessarily cruel than most of the other characters, one of the only people who is nice to Jaime and, in a roundabout way, does have some vestiges of an honor code
PS: season 4 ep 3 spoiler

Rape is never funny, mister!!

But god how I hate Cersei. What a c***

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rape is never funny, mister!!
But god how I hate Cersei. What a c***

if we're talking about someone as fucked up as Cersei, then you bet your ass it's funny :laugh: (though, I would have preferred it if it were Joffrey. he deserves to get raped even more)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if we're talking about someone as fucked up as Cersei, then you bet your ass it's funny :laugh: (though, I would have preferred it if it were Joffrey. he deserves to get raped even more)

Yeah, I'm kidding. Every topic can be funny. Tosh proved this.