• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I can follow that; but it's unfortunate the TV episode was not as deftly handled and also that we cannot see into the characters' heads. We only see what they do and hear what they say.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's how I felt, yay!!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I can follow that; but it's unfortunate the TV episode was not as deftly handled and also that we cannot see into the characters' heads. We only see what they do and hear what they say.

Re: Jaime and Cersei

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

R

Riva

I am waiting for the fight. I guessed who it was after someone who read the book was teasing me about it saying i am i for a surprise.

Talking about the tyrion's trial.

Don't make any spoilers.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Re: Jaime and Cersei

I had forgotten that detail but you're right.

R

Riva

I liked the fact that tywin didn't give a fuck about the incident and spoke infront of cersi to her second son as though nothing happened.

I didn't enjoy the rape scene mainly because he has become a better character in the last season and that was like taking one step back.

However there could be other interpretations and i would probably be able to come up with a few.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I liked the fact that tywin didn't give a fuck about the incident and spoke infront of cersi to her second son as though nothing happened.

I didn't enjoy the rape scene mainly because he has become a better character in the last season and that was like taking one step back.

However there could be other interpretations and i would probably be able to come up with a few.
Lol @ tywin.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute. :)

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.

Sanza sucks. Haha, she remains one of the most unremarkable characters. Her only redeeming quality, is that most of her family has been brutally murdered.

She's simple, ideological, a PAINFULLY slow learner, and pretty much embodies the wholly unrealistic expectations sheltered, spoiled women have of men (ok, she's slowly starting to figure this out).

She's FINALLY learning that the world isn't all flowers and wedding rings and knights in shining armor (more like drunken Knights-turned King's jester, saving her for gold and gold alone). While I have felt sorry for her, and it has been good to see her bring out Tyrion's best colors (ironic that he begins to treat her more like the knights of her dreams than any real knight), she's still painfully simple. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's been through the wringer, and she really never developed any cunning powers and shouldn't be expected to do anything daring. She plays the part of terrified prey, whose life could be snuffed out by the Lannisters at any moment.

But good god! She's slow!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sanza sucks. Haha, she remains one of the most unremarkable characters. Her only redeeming quality, is that most of her family has been brutally murdered.

She's simple, ideological, a PAINFULLY slow learner, and pretty much embodies the wholly unrealistic expectations sheltered, spoiled women have of men (ok, she's slowly starting to figure this out).

She's FINALLY learning that the world isn't all flowers and wedding rings and knights in shining armor (more like drunken Knights-turned King's jester, saving her for gold and gold alone). While I have felt sorry for her, and it has been good to see her bring out Tyrion's best colors (ironic that he begins to treat her more like the knights of her dreams than any real knight), she's still painfully simple. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's been through the wringer, and she really never developed any cunning powers and shouldn't be expected to do anything daring. She plays the part of terrified prey, whose life could be snuffed out by the Lannisters at any moment.

But good god! She's slow!

yeah. She's slow to the point of being frustrating. It's why I did not like her in the first season. And she was behaving like any other typical teenage conventional girl, I've seen the same kind of personality before in teenage females.

But for all your criticisms, they don't address at all any positive qualities I mentioned. They are separate things. it sounds like you're capable of viewing things through only your own lens, which seems remarkably short-sighted for someone with your breadth of perception.

ironically, I also think the simple-mindedness is what is keeping her alive. She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But for all your criticisms, they don't address at all any positive qualities I mentioned. They are separate things. it sounds like you're capable of viewing things through only your own lens, which seems remarkably short-sighted for someone with your breadth of perception.

Which ones? Honest, dignified, compassionate to Tyrion? Well it took her long enough to realize Tyrion was not her enemy, though somewhat understandable as the Lannisters slaughtered her family and he is a Lannister. I suppose it's more of a case of me not really focusing on her that much. I don't know if you can tell or not, but I find characters like The Hound much more interesting :p

Yeah, she's kept her pain buried deep in order to survive, which can't be easy. And few have been as tormented by him as her. But I kinda wished she'd shoved Joffrey off the bridge way back in season 1.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.

To be honest I don't think most people have skills at court intrigue. If anything the more major characters apart from Sanza are all other-worldly and exaggerated to some degree, although that's part of what makes fiction so appealing.

I recently found myself sympathising with her character more in regards to her apparent slowness, once I realised that it was easy for me to judge her actions and perceive those things she appears to miss, while I was removed from the situation and possessing the information I, (and other viewers), do. If those situations were in my life I have no delusions about how slow I might be under that kind of emotional strain.

Although I agree she was spoiled and sheltered to begin with. You have a good point about her being disregarded and how it has kept her alive.

Perhaps I relate somewhat....being disregarded has kept me alive as well. Inadequacy can be a wonderful, if unintentional, survival skill.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but I find characters like The Hound much more interesting :p

Of course, I suspect many might say the same. Sanza is more like an actual person and so isn't as interesting. When I watch fiction I don't want to be reminded about my own reality, after all.

G

Ginkgo

yeah. She's slow to the point of being frustrating. It's why I did not like her in the first season. And she was behaving like any other typical teenage conventional girl, I've seen the same kind of personality before in teenage females.

ironically, I also think the simple-mindedness is what is keeping her alive. She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.

Every time Sansa enters the scene, I find myself on the edge of my seat, hoping to see some redeemable qualities slip through. In any other case, I would probably have disdain for her, which is why I think her character does such a good job of distinctly highlighting the fact that people often judge others by what they've suffered and experienced, no matter how myopic or frustrating they are.