• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Permabanned
OMEGUELLE, DIS IS LIEK, MAI FAVS TV SHOW EVAH!!111!!11!!!111ONEOENOENEN1ELEVEN!11!!
Even got sum nu ink

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did anyone realize that Targaryen is an anagram for "tangy rear"?

Tywin Lannister = "Transiently win"
Ned Stark = "End Stark"
Theon Greyjoy = "Enjoy the Orgy"

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Did anyone realize that Targaryen is an anagram for "tangy rear"?

Tywin Lannister = "Transiently win"
Ned Stark = "End Stark"
Theon Greyjoy = "Enjoy the Orgy"

That really fits. Well, it did anyway.

G

Ginkgo

About the Hound:

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]

I also have to say about Joffrey -- he had softened up a bit there while courting Margaery, and I found it less easy to hate him. So I'm really glad he stepped things up at the Royal Wedding; the way he treated not just Tyrion but also Sansa was absolutely loathsome. Even Tywin looked rather put off by the whole bit.

God, that was terrible. Sam means well, but... sigh.

The Hound remains one of the most likable characters because even in his brutishness, he proves to be reliable. His scars constantly remind the audience of the tragedies that transpire in this world, even though he has no choice but to be unfazed by them. That's how his character functions. When everyone else is fixated on ambition, he maintains power over his own life by surviving apolitically and recognizing the limits of mortality. Even though I haven't read the books, I think Arya's going to be the chink in his armor when he (in all likelihood) dies. If that happens, it will suck.

As for Joffrey - honestly it's almost like the only person who wouldn't be suspect of his murder would be his mother if we were to guess with only motivations in mind. So at that point, the only factors you could use to deduce who done it would be the amount of power the suspects possess. Littlefinger has been far enough removed not to have any traces of crippling Stockholm Syndrome or fear. But I don't think he's the only person involved.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally got around to buying the second and third season. I’ve read the books, all though that was before his decade long hiatus. I will probably end up rereading them.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Last night was weird. My husband was as clueless as I was by the end! Perhaps an end of the tyranny of the readers? :D

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He doesn't strike me as the rapey type, nor as someone who would kill a person for no good reason. Like [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] said, he's only violent in response to threats, and neither Arya or Sansa poses one. And nah, I don't think he's "evil" either. More amoral than immoral.

I think his softness towards both of them is because Sansa is pretty much pure and innocent, and while Arya isn't exactly innocent, I think The Hound respects her for her honesty and adherence to her conscience. His extremely cynical outlook stems partly from the great hypocrisy of knights who betray the code they've sworn to live by. He doesn't live up to his honor as a knight either, but he readily admits to not being a true knight. I think he's protective of Sansa because he recognizes her innocence, while his relationship with Arya is based more on the respect he has for her moral integrity. The Stark children are both free from the corruption and pretense he absolutely loathes.

Which, I guess, is evidence of some level of conscience. What I originally wrote of him might just have been a knee jerk contrarian response, or something. Lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... More amoral than immoral.

I agree with that. I like what [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] said too.

I think his softness towards both of them is because Sansa is pretty much pure and innocent, and while Arya isn't exactly innocent, I think The Hound respects her for her honesty and adherence to her conscience. His extremely cynical outlook stems partly from the great hypocrisy of knights who betray the code they've sworn to live by. He doesn't live by his knight's honor either, but he readily admits to not being a true knight. I think he's protective of Sansa because he recognizes her innocence, while his relationship with Arya is based more on the respect he has for her moral integrity. The Stark children are both free from the corruption and pretense he absolutely loathes.

Good insights. I hope they maintain his character consistently... but I have no idea where plot-wise they are going with either him or Arya right now... except she will probably make a connection at Bravos at some point using that coin.

I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute. :)

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, and how many sausage jokes do you think GoT can get away with at Theon's expense before the fans sicken of them?

Just curious. The cut-scene editing is particularly merciless.

And I didn't watch the current episode yet (I see them the day after). Did it reveal who killed Joffrey yet? Just curious. I know who wanted Sansa, but so many people benefited from seeing Joffrey dead. The only people I'm sure didn't kill him were his mother Cersei and his uncle Tyrion.

(I also suspect that, based on his more conservative approach, Varys wasn't involved either. He just listens to the birds, he doesn't ransack the henhouse.)

I guess Sansa's abduction and the murder were by the same person? The Fool did know that she needed to escape when she did, so... The thing is I just didn't see who had access to the glass on the table... unless it was the pie that killed him?

Then again, maybe the Fool and his boss knew of the plot but were just capitalizing on it. Lady Whassername was the closest to the goblet. Margaery was feeding him the pie... but Margaery wanted to be Queen and wouldn't have offed him until after it was official, if she were involved. And Oberyn Martell of course was fingered by the show, which means he's not the one... is he?

I also occasionally wonder whether Tywin planned it, since Joffrey was a disaster and the Hand couldn't quite keep his thumb on him. We know that Tywin is most concerned about the FAMILY dominating. Joffrey threatened the family. Tywin also sees the other grandson Tommen as far more malleable and is educating him properly on how to be a wise king. I wouldn't be surprised if Tywin was involved; he really was watching Joffrey quite carefully in many of the last episodes, unreadable as Joffrey would act out. I am sure Tywin found Joffrey shameful.

---

Another point of interest:

The books are The Song of Ice and Fire

Sansa = Stanza
Arya = Aria

Any other names that translate easily into musical ones?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute. :)

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.

I found her uninteresting in the beginning too, but her story gets way more interesting after the Purple Wedding. One of my favorite moments in the whole series is from her point of view towards the end of the third book/fourth season.

And yeah, she has many of the good traits of her parents, like Ned's honesty and Cat's ability to keep on walking even if she's going through Hell.

Another point of interest:

The books are The Song of Ice and Fire

Sansa = Stanza
Arya = Aria

Any other names that translate easily into musical ones?

Baratheon = Baryton

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
well after this latest episode nobody should be confused about
The white walker scene at the end was dope. in the books not much of the magic of the walkers is divulged, but i had read in some interview with GRRM that he discussed how the white walkers operated with the shows creators. i'm glad they are bringing that to light this season and even more excited they introduced the Night's King(!) who is only talked about in the books.

book spoiler:

Permabanned
:wubbie:

game-of-thrones-rape/

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About the last episode:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish the spoiler tag worked on iSpy. Still unwillingly reading the spoilers.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Uuuugghhhghghghgh.. Seriously, I wish people would get over themselves. This article just twists my panties all in a wad. No one bitches except me about how
Yet show a girl in a fucked up relationship doing something fucked up and everyone flips their shit about how someones degrading some victim somewhere. I'm so tired of constant victim mentalities. Yes yes, We all know, rape is super wrong and whatever. Like, pretty much 90% of the things the people do in this show are morally WRONG. She's in a twisted relationship, she's a twisted person, and she tries to have her own brother killed.. but sure, let's all just cry about the rape.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Uuuugghhhghghghgh.. Seriously, I wish people would get over themselves. This article just twists my panties all in a wad. No one bitches except me about how
Yet show a girl in a fucked up relationship doing something fucked up and everyone flips their shit about how someones degrading some victim somewhere. I'm so tired of constant victim mentalities. Yes yes, We all know, rape is super wrong and whatever. Like, pretty much 90% of the things the people do in this show are morally WRONG. She's in a twisted relationship, she's a twisted person, and she tries to have her own brother killed.. but sure, let's all just cry about the rape.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was laughing at how big Tommen's eyes got during that scene -- he was like a little kid in a candy store, who had no idea what candy was exactly but had heard it was something wonderful. :happy0065:

Also... Lady Olenna, oh my. I am very much pleased.

And yeah, I'm confused over who Jaime is. He hasn't shown a lot of consistency of character, and I think that is what is confusing. When something isn't consistent, then you're left wondering what the writers intended... and suddenly people have some really negative views of what the writers might have been intending. Case in point: After THAT episode, suddenly in Oathkeeper, he's a decent human being again? If he's got dark sides like that, they should filter in elsewhere, and his good stuff should filter as well in the darker scenes; right now he seems like Jeckyl/Hyde.

Still, that scene with him and Brienne was very moving. What IS up between them? But... he did a really great thing, and her naming the sword was something great back.

Oh, and I recognized where I had seen Burn Gorman (Karl Tanner, the rebel Crow) before -- in Pacific Rim, playing Gottlieb. He has a very distinctive lower face / jawline.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was laughing at how big Tommen's eyes got during that scene -- he was like a little kid in a candy store, who had no idea what candy was exactly but had heard it was something wonderful. :happy0065:

Ha, yeah, that was funny. And to your earlier post,

Still, that scene with him and Brienne was very moving. What IS up between them?