• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Nicodemus

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw a pretty interesting comment on a review site that I read, which made the case that Jamie Lannister is responsible for pretty much every bad thing that happens in the series. I'll repost for your viewing pleasure:

Just an interesting line of thought to me.

Nicodemus

Not a very compelling case there. It not only shows misandry (look at the phrasing 'fucking his sister', as if she were a mere victim of his sexual might and not the queen of the realm) and ignorance of things yet to be revealed; it also misses the real point in all of this: it is not one man's actions that make history but the concert of conflicting interests put to action that produce the story. Plans fail all the time.

If one wants to blame one of the main characters for all that has gone 'wrong', there is a better candidate. But why not simply blame Aerys? Or the butterfly?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a very compelling case there. It not only shows misandry (look at the phrasing 'fucking his sister', as if she were a mere victim of his sexual might and not the queen of the realm) and ignorance of things yet to be revealed; it also misses the real point in all of this: it is not one man's actions that make history but the concert of conflicting interests put to action that produce the story. Plans fail all the time.

If one wants to blame one of the main characters for all that has gone 'wrong', there is a better candidate. But why not simply blame Aerys? Or the butterfly?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Or Lancel, or Osmund Kettleblack, or Moon Boy for all you know.

Little_Sticks

I saw a pretty interesting comment on a review site that I read, which made the case that Jamie Lannister is responsible for pretty much every bad thing that happens in the series. I'll repost for your viewing pleasure:

Just an interesting line of thought to me.

Yeah, why not. He's already the "kingslayer". Blaming him for everything makes it much more comical.

But somewhat seriously, holding one person's action as accountable for the reactions of other people seems silly when they all make their own choices and play their own individualized parts. They are just as much responsible for their reactions as Jaime is for the action that influenced them, in my mind, fictional as it is.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Is it Jaime's fault that he's in love with his sister? :unsure:

(That is a philosophical question, I'd say...)

R

Riva

Someone help me type Tywin lennisters etype please? Is he a 8, 1 or a 5w4 who is highly intergrated towards 8?

I think we could easily type him as an tj. Could take a step forward and type him as an ntj but lets not concentrate on his mbti type for my sake.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
Tywin is a clear ENTJ 8w9, probably Sp/So (possibly So/Sp, but Sp/So seems more likely). despite how he may come across, he is actually a very principled man, which is probably why you thought 1 a strong possibility, but his principles are 8-ish rather than 1-ish. you see, he has little interest in justice or fairness. his view of reality is largely amoral and his principles are mostly geared toward looking out for "his people". as if he's saying "look out for yourself and look out for your own. nothing else matters".
he is not a 5 because he is clearly a gut type (notice the instinctual, paternal energy. 5s do not have this). his thinking is driven by pragmatism and power rather than the intellectually dominated and more timid thinking of a 5.

his 8 tendencies are clear in the clip below including
1) doing what needs to be done, whether or not it's "clean" or "honorable"
2) belief that fear must be instilled in others to command respect
3) belief that the world is an unfair, unjust place
4) looking out for "his people"
5) reference to predators (8s often use analogies relating to wild animals, particularly predators, which they view as similar to themselves)
6) a keen eye for weakness. he points out Jamie's immediately
7) a mindset of "survival above all" (which is especially true of Self Preservation 8s)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tywin is a definite 8, no doubt about it. If he ever expresses interest in morals, it's because of how it makes the family look, and not for their own sake.

He's also a massive prick.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tywin is a definite 8, no doubt about it. If he ever expresses interest in morals, it's because of how it makes the family look, and not for their own sake.
He's also a massive prick.

he's not a prick, he just has different priorities and is willing to do what needs to be done to satisfy those priorities. he lives in a dog eat dog world of constant warfare, betrayal and unpredictable death. he is ruthless in getting what is best for his family because they are the only people he believes he can trust and the only people he believes he can afford to care about. in a world like I just described, you really cannot afford to just go around caring about everyone the way people in modern first world countries can today.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
he's not a prick, he just has different priorities and is willing to do what needs to be done to satisfy those priorities. he lives in a dog eat dog world of constant warfare, betrayal and unpredictable death. he is ruthless in getting what is best for his family because they are the only people he believes he can trust and the only people he believes he can afford to care about. in a world like I just described, you really cannot afford to just go around caring about everyone the way people in modern first world countries can today.

The thing is though, is that he doesn't care about his family as people. He's a terrible father, and his kids are all fucked up because of it. He only cares about the legacy. He values the name and the image of his family. He doesn't value the people in it. It has fuck all to do with his family being the only people he can trust... he doesn't trust them! When he says he values his family, what he values is his family's power, and his family's image (don't know if that's Ni or Si). He doesn't value the people in it, not even Jaime, the golden child.

I'm also basing some of this on things that haven't happened yet in the show. I don't know if you've read the books, so it's possible your opinion may change.

I have a certain respect for him because he's intelligent, like all good TJ villains. I like him as a character, as a creation, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a prick.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, he's a fucking asshole. I don't know if you've read the books or not, so I'll just give some examples why he is in spoiler tags:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION] [MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION]
...you win (though being a "massive" prick is an ironic insult, as a prick implies small :laugh: )

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION] Yup.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION]

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finally we get to see Sam's moment of heroism. I was worried they weren't going to include it.