• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
I love Tyrion.

I want his babies.

he's definitely getting more than enough attention in the show, which is great.

A

Anew Leaf

he's definitely getting more than enough attention in the show, which is great.

Agreed on all points. I hate her accent with the white hot fury of 1000 white, hot, whores.

He's such a brilliant actor. :swoon:

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
Agreed on all points. I hate her accent with the white hot fury of 1000 white, hot, whores.

He's such a brilliant actor. :swoon:

i like how tyrion's wiener is pretty much a secondary character in the books.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Was that scene between Cersei and Littlefinger in the books? I didn't remember that at all... and I found it kind of annoying because Littlefinger is so contained and careful... I don't see him being that obvious about what he knows to her.

It was definitely not the in book.

Book 2 spoliers:

A

Anew Leaf

No. Neither was the public slap in the face, if I recall correctly.

It was definitely not the in book.

Book 2 spoliers:

Ok, good to know I wasn't imagining things. Thanks, you two. :) I get why they did it, but LF deserves better. He's such a brilliant character. I don't really like him but I admire his craziness.

@ spoiler, good point! I missed those trailers. I like what you are saying there. I think it's a great way to frame the season because it is very true for what is going on with the war of the 5 Kings.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Book 5 spoilers

As to Tyrion, this'll be his season. He has more chapters in the second book than any other character (Ned had the most in book 1)

Finally, for those asking what is/isn't in the book: in the books, every chapter focuses on the experiences of a single character and their point of view (though it is told in third person). If the following characters are not in (or witnessing) a given scene, it is not in the book: Bran, Catelyn, Daenarys, Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos and Theon. Every single scene in A Clash of Kings (except the prologue, which focused on the old man who was poisoned in this last episode, and the only scene he wasn't with Davos was cut anyways) has one of those characters in it.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] and i read the entire firs tbook outloud to each other.
for the second book, we're just gonna read selected chapters,
primarily the characters we like. we're still catching up... well
he's doing the reading this time, and i'm just listening to him
during our storybook hour. and he's gonna give me a synopsis
of the book before we watch S2 Ep1 this thursday. so excited.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I just watched Episode 2 of the second season, and I was really pissed that it ended. This season has had a good start, I'm very happy with that.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm gonna got the latter route on the second season. I don't own cable and there is NO WAY I will be able to watch an episode and then WAIT for the next one.

I watch the first season in two days and love every minute of it. Never even heard of the books until I heard of the series.

Do you guys ever think this show will be on NetFlix, Hulu, XBox network, PS3 network, Pretty much anywhere else except BluRay and HBO? If not, good old torrents are defiantly the way to go. It’s a shame too; I honestly don't mind paying for better resolution and quality when it comes to THIS show!

D

Dali

Dammit, it's out?! This is what I get for not owning a TV, and auto-skimming over the deluge of GoT youtube links on my FB feed.

*torrents*

Horrible Aesthete

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have become hopelessly enamored of Game of Thrones, despite having not read the books. It is quite simply the best television series I have seen, perfectly cast, and the production quality is through the roof. I do not watch a great deal of television, but I find myself being really drawn into this world and its characters. As far as fantasy goes, I am enjoying it much more than LoTR (a series for which I have read the books). I want to begin the first book of GoT, perhaps when this season is over.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Se 2 Ep 1 was pretty good.

It was a little disjointed, but that is to be expected given the number of characters they had to introduce.

They had to cover so many new characters that they couldn't devote enough time to any one to achieve anything meaningful.

That being said, the episode was executed very well, and did the best it could given the constraints.

A

Anew Leaf

Book 5 spoilers

As to Tyrion, this'll be his season. He has more chapters in the second book than any other character (Ned had the most in book 1)

Finally, for those asking what is/isn't in the book: in the books, every chapter focuses on the experiences of a single character and their point of view (though it is told in third person). If the following characters are not in (or witnessing) a given scene, it is not in the book: Bran, Catelyn, Daenarys, Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos and Theon. Every single scene in A Clash of Kings (except the prologue, which focused on the old man who was poisoned in this last episode, and the only scene he wasn't with Davos was cut anyways) has one of those characters in it.

I have been looking forward to this season ever since the series was announced because Tyrion is my favorite by far. :wub:

Although I am also hugely and
looking forward to season 3.

@spoiler, good point! I completely missed that detail.

V

violaine

Se 2 Ep 1 was pretty good.

It was a little disjointed, but that is to be expected given the number of characters they had to introduce.

They had to cover so many new characters that they couldn't devote enough time to any one to achieve anything meaningful.

That being said, the episode was executed very well, and did the best it could given the constraints.

I'm trying to get a friend who hasn't watched Season 1 into it and whew, a lot to take in. (I think he is sufficiently hooked though. :yesss: )

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pissed at myself for allowing myself to watch episode 1 of season 2. I knew I would just be left wanting more, I should've waited till the season was over and have a GOT marathon.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pissed at myself for allowing myself to watch episode 1 of season 2. I knew I would just be left wanting more, I should've waited till the season was over and have a GOT marathon.

Waiting is the only way when it comes to the best of shows.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I just watched Episode 2 of the second season, and I was really pissed that it ended. This season has had a good start, I'm very happy with that.

Why is this out?? O_O

Do you guys ever think this show will be on NetFlix, Hulu, XBox network, PS3 network, Pretty much anywhere else except BluRay and HBO? If not, good old torrents are defiantly the way to go. It’s a shame too; I honestly don't mind paying for better resolution and quality when it comes to THIS show!

No. It won't be. The only place you can watch it online (legally) is HBOGO.com which is their streaming service... BUT you have to buy a cable subscription in order to get it. You can't just pay for their online streaming service. If they would let me just pay for the online streaming service, I would gladly give HBO my money. But forcing you to buy the cable service to get the online perks is retarded.

This Oatmeal strip explains it very well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I downloaded all of Season 1 and then bought it on DVD when it came out to support it. Ill do the same with Season 2. When HBO learns to embrace the power of internet consumers, I'll gladly give them my money.

A

Anew Leaf

Why is this out?? O_O

No. It won't be. The only place you can watch it online (legally) is HBOGO.com which is their streaming service... BUT you have to buy a cable subscription in order to get it. You can't just pay for their online streaming service. If they would let me just pay for the online streaming service, I would gladly give HBO my money. But forcing you to buy the cable service to get the online perks is retarded.

This Oatmeal strip explains it very well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I downloaded all of Season 1 and then bought it on DVD when it came out to support it. Ill do the same with Season 2. When HBO learns to embrace the power of internet consumers, I'll gladly give them my money.

I'm going to be cancelling my DIRECTV service soon and I am hoping if I bundle local channels with my internet that I can still get HBO. *crosses fingers*

Otherwise I am going to be very annoyed.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm going to be cancelling my DIRECTV service soon and I am hoping if I bundle local channels with my internet that I can still get HBO. *crosses fingers*

I don't even own a TV to pay for a subscription to. -_-