• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

D

Dali

Nicodemus

He said in at least one interview that it is his policy to avoid all kinds of speculation about what he may write because he wants to be as uninfluenced as possible in what actually ends up writing. I would do the same.

D

Dali

He said in at least one interview that it is his policy to avoid all kinds of speculation about what he may write because he wants to be as uninfluenced as possible in what actually ends up writing. I would do the same.

Makes sense but... good luck avoiding interviews and the like then; I knew he had great popular appeal but this evening's research has shown me that elements of his fan-base are as about fervent as they get. Several thousand posts on a forum (for ONE book series) and posting daily for over a decade.... and the like.

A

Anew Leaf

Makes sense but... good luck avoiding interviews and the like then; I knew he had great popular appeal but this evening's research has shown me that elements of his fan-base are as about fervent as they get. Several thousand posts on a forum (for ONE book series) and posting daily for over a decade.... and the like.

Ew. Not likely.

I think it's

N

NPcomplete

Ew. Not likely.

I think it's

Bah I accidentally read the spoilers on iSpy.

And I'm even more enamoured with Jon now. :wub:

F

figsfiggyfigs

*blinds eyes coming in*
I refuse to read spoilers.

I'm very excited about the new upcoming season. I really should finish the book before it starts. We should have a count down :laugh:

D

Dali

Ew. Not likely.

I think it's

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I've been a longtime fan of the books, and I just got the first two DVD's from netflix, and so far I think they've done a great job with it. It does feel a little bit like the show just flits around hitting the pivotal points in the book, but that's probably unavoidable, given the size of the book (or it's just a perception issue on my part, as I already know the story).

Visually, it suffers a little bit from the "everything is various shades of brown and gray" (except Daenerys' hair) issue... but that's probably accurate, given the technology of the setting -- it just comes out much more visually than in the books.

Two things I would like to see, though. More Tyrion. More Arya.

A

Anew Leaf

*blinds eyes coming in*
I refuse to read spoilers.

I'm very excited about the new upcoming season. I really should finish the book before it starts. We should have a count down :laugh:

:D And that is why we have spoiler font!! I would hate someone to be spoiled about what comes next in his books. They are such a treat to read and be surprised from.

Only 2 weeks for the new season.... :wizfreak:

Beorn

Permabanned
:D And that is why we have spoiler font!! I would hate someone to be spoiled about what comes next in his books. They are such a treat to read and be surprised from.

Only 2 weeks for the new season.... :wizfreak:

Well some of them are a treat to be surprised from...
Edit: Adding extra words since the spoiler still shows up in the live posts feed if it's close to the beginning of the post.

A

Anew Leaf

Well some of them are a treat to be surprised from...
Edit: Adding extra words since the spoiler still shows up in the live posts feed if it's close to the beginning of the post.

Oh crap it does!! Thank you for letting me know!!

Beorn

Permabanned
I better be careful about the convos I get into here because I'm still slogging brought feast of crows.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I better be careful about the convos I get into here because I'm still slogging brought feast of crows.

No spoilers here.

I've just finished Dance With Dragons a few days ago and found Feast for Crows a little rough. Not terrible, but not as good as the couple books before it. Dance With Dragons is better.

I wonder how they'll handle FfC and DwD on the show, since those shows sort of split the narrative. I wonder if they'll try and do it chronologically over two seasons and meld the two books together, just to keep all the main cast around every season.

KDude

I only have the first book, and never finished it. So I might pick up the whole series again... I don't think I want to wait for all the seasons of the show to come out. Someone tell me it spans enough time that some of these characters grow up though? Arya is too cool to stay a kid.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how they'll handle FfC and DwD on the show, since those shows sort of split the narrative. I wonder if they'll try and do it chronologically over two seasons and meld the two books together, just to keep all the main cast around every season.

Yeah - I see books 4 and 5 being melded together into 2, maybe 3 seasons. The show runners have a good sense of how to make the books into a good TV series, and there's no way they'd give us a season that 60% revolves around the stuff that happened in King's Landing while leaving out several core characters.

Question is, does book 4 and 5 get broken into 2 or 3 seasons? I almost vote for 3 because George is gonna need that extra year.

I only have the first book, and never finished it. So I might pick up the whole series again... I don't think I want to wait for all the seasons of the show to come out. Someone tell me it spans enough time that some of these characters grow up though? Arya is too cool to stay a kid.

We'll have to wait and see. George's original intent was to let 5 years pass after book 3 so the kids and pets can get a bit older. However, that didn't work out. In the end, I think books 4 and 5 occurred over maybe 1.5 years or so, so several of the characters will be at least 2 or 3 years younger than George originally planned.

Still, Arya has some really neat material.