• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Beorn

Permabanned
Well, you're in luck because this season is only seven episodes, and the very last season will only be six.
... wait, maybe luck isn't the right word.

Yes, maybe the best time I had with the show was leaping in during the middle, so I basically blitz-watched Seasons 1-3 and basically caught up with the airings around the time of the Purple Wedding. The rest of Season 4 was what I hoped for.

I didn't really enjoy Seasons 5-6 on a weekly basis nearly as much.

Still, each episode is like part of a movie in terms of production quality and cost. If you had a cheap TV show with lower production quality, you could afford to pump out 24 episodes a season. Breaking Bad only ran 13 episodes a season at its longest. (Seasons 5ab don't count since they were separated by more than a year.)

We might get 20 minutes or more extra per show.

Season 8 ‘Game of Thrones’ Episodes Could be Feature Length | Deadline

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Season 7 Kill-Count:

Jon Snow - 0
Daenerys - 0
Dragons - 0
White Walkers - 0
Cersei - 0
The Mountain - 0
Arya Stark - 50+

:rofl1:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Season 7 Kill

You forgot:
Sansa - 2 [made Littlefinger's little finger shrivel up from disdain; killed Jon's authority with a few well-placed arguments]

so yeah, Team Stark Women seem to be on a roll.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Watching Emilia Clarke having to remind myself, oh she plays Daenerys, let's just remember GoT fans Emilia Clarke is not reclaiming the throne, the fictional character is (which Imo she does a great job as)

She's so cute though, I love how her facial expressions just flow and thrust like the sea waves crashing on to the rocks.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked this episode until the last scene and a half.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Everything was going great. Until....

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Everything was going great. Until....

Seriously. WTF.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoops, I totes forgot GoT was on tonight and ended up watching American Gods instead.

I guess I'll watch it tomorrow. :alttongue:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What Theon did, made perfect sense watching "Inside the Episode"

having absolutely no power and his traumatization of what happened to him, you can't just change your ways. Makes him more human than ever.

I loved with the scene of Arya where recognizing her wolf buddy wasn't seen since Season 1 but when she says "That's not you" it was in a direct reference to herself actually.. the wolf is acting exactly the way as it should.

Anyway, next week's episode will look lovely!

Toodles

Ingrid in grids

My thoughts...

Also, as a lover of cyst popping, the hot pie moment was soo satisfying. I'm not talking about the character though.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Damm maybe Danny should have attacked King's landing. Her philosophy is right, that they shouldn't brutalize the locals, but it gives Cersi's allies time for little little victories.

Also, why the F&*K didn't Melisandre mention that Jon was brought back from the dead? That should have convinced Danny of Jon's importance.

I think it was obvious. Her pet wolf having moved on away from her original pack - the Starks - was like a message/reminder/realization to Arya that she doesn't belong with the Starks anymore doing their battles. She has to take her own path; not to go back to Winterfell.

rav3n

My thoughts.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My thoughts...

Also, as a lover of cyst popping, the hot pie moment was soo satisfying. I'm not talking about the character though.

For some reason I thought he was completely lacking anything in that department. This episode proved it wrong lol

edit: oh wait. I thought that was entertainingly gross lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Openly I'll say I thought the fight-sequence editing was awful. For some reason they thought it would be cool to speed it all up to create tension/wildness, while having almost no light aside from the light of the flames flaring around. I guess it did do that, it seemed very chaotic, but pretty much it was impossible to really track anything that was happening, which made it less enjoyable to me in the long run.

What Theon did, made perfect sense watching "Inside the Episode"

having absolutely no power and his traumatization of what happened to him, you can't just change your ways. Makes him more human than ever.

Yeah, I don't think it's out of character, considering what he has been through. It's his natural inclination + the PTSD. And yes, that would have probably been the end of him.

I think it was obvious. Her pet wolf having moved on away from her original pack - the Starks - was like a message/reminder/realization to Arya that she doesn't belong with the Starks anymore doing their battles. She has to take her own path; not to go back to Winterfell.

I had no real investment in Arya and Nymeria getting together unlike some, it appears; but you have made an excellent point here. Yeah, I would guess that is the takeaway from that scene.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] you could say that the end of the queen of the iron islands has been "lost" I can't imagine her living anymore on.. I could see her head being delivered to Cercei. she's been sort of a higher character in the show, especially as of recent

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] you could say that the end of the queen of the iron islands has been "lost" I can't imagine her living anymore on.. I could see her head being delivered to Cercei. she's been sort of a higher character in the show, especially as of recent

I never really considered her one of the "core" characters, she's more of a larger minor character. Plus the way they cut corners nowadays, you'd think if that was the case, they'd just have chopped her in this episode to be expedient and in an attempt to be "shocking."

We'll see. Maybe Cersei will have some gruesome punishment devised. I have faith in her.

EDIT: I do find it ironic that all the "legitimate" heirs -- the anticipated leaders -- pretty much have just been killed off, over and over. Pretty much at this point we just have the least-expected heirs basically rising to power. An orphaned exile sold to the Dothraki; a bastard driven to join the night's watch; a son forced to join the Watch so he wouldn't be killed off, because he was overweight and studious; the least beautiful Lannister who is also a dwarf and a convicted murderer (innocent or not); a lady knight; the two stark girls, one who is considered lost or dead; an emasculated last child of a murdered king; a horribly scarred former bodyguard of the court who could never beat his elder brother....

It's basically the "Loser's Club" or The Goonies," with all the Rich Beautiful People aside from Cersei being dead.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Openly I'll say I thought the fight-sequence editing was awful. For some reason they thought it would be cool to speed it all up to create tension/wildness, while having almost no light aside from the light of the flames flaring around. I guess it did do that, it seemed very chaotic, but pretty much it was impossible to really track anything that was happening, which made it less enjoyable to me in the long run.

That whole sequence didn't work for me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never really considered her one of the "core" characters, she's more of a larger minor character. Plus the way they cut corners nowadays, you'd think if that was the case, they'd just have chopped her in this episode to be expedient and in an attempt to be "shocking."

We'll see. Maybe Cersei will have some gruesome punishment devised. I have faith in her.

EDIT: I do find it ironic that all the "legitimate" heirs -- the anticipated leaders -- pretty much have just been killed off, over and over. Pretty much at this point we just have the least-expected heirs basically rising to power. An orphaned exile sold to the Dothraki; a bastard driven to join the night's watch; a son forced to join the Watch so he wouldn't be killed off, because he was overweight and studious; the least beautiful Lannister who is also a dwarf and a convicted murderer (innocent or not); a lady knight; the two stark girls, one who is considered lost or dead; an emasculated last child of a murdered king; a horribly scarred former bodyguard of the court who could never beat his elder brother....

It's basically the "Loser's Club" or The Goonies," with all the Rich Beautiful People aside from Cersei being dead.

It was sad it was that predictable. I kind of figured Daenerys to be one of the last to survive anyway when I first started watching Game of Thrones given the distance, it would have been a huge letdown to let her die off early in the show since she had dragons... dragons for her is definitely a plot protection. Out of all the characters who died, I somehow keep missing Rob Stark the most, the Red Wedding was the most shocking and scarring for me as in terms of character deaths. The Starks couldn't have been any less shittier of a fate. When I saw Ned Stark (Sean Bean) off the show I was like that's really unfair and unfortunate (and let it be a lesson for the rest), it was like well it was Sean Bean so... yeah.

But out of the Starks, I think Arya is definitely my favorite Stark there is. Jon Snow may be pure and kind, but it's kind of too cliche of a character he is now. Especially with his resurrection and all, it kind've cheapened the value (although he did one bad ass scene in season 6)..

But the season is short, anyone important can die as soon as next episode. (I never really cared for the Dornes however)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was sad it was that predictable. I kind of figured Daenerys to be one of the last to survive anyway when I first started watching Game of Thrones given the distance, it would have been a huge letdown to let her die off early in the show since she had dragons... dragons for her is definitely a plot protection. Out of all the characters who died, I somehow keep missing Rob Stark the most, the Red Wedding was the most shocking and scarring for me as in terms of character deaths. The Starks couldn't have been any less shittier of a fate. When I saw Ned Stark (Sean Bean) off the show I was like that's really unfair and unfortunate (and let it be a lesson for the rest), it was like well it was Sean Bean so... yeah.

But out of the Starks, I think Arya is definitely my favorite Stark there is. Jon Snow may be pure and kind, but it's kind of too cliche of a character he is now. Especially with his resurrection and all, it kind've cheapened the value (although he did one bad ass scene in season 6)..

But the season is short, anyone important can die as soon as next episode. (I never really cared for the Dornes however)

I liked the Dornes until Ellaria Sand became a moustache-twirling villain... The Sand Snakes were so heavily advertised but didn't even amount to much more than the smoke from a tiny flash-bang. I don't even really have sympathy for them, they've mostly been one-notes who have spent their meager portions of dialogue discussing their heady murderous impulses (heck, that's even what they did THIS episode... were they ever Real People?) and who assassinated their own cousin (Tristan?) ruthlessly while advocating for the poisoning of a girl not much younger than them. Lovely creatures. They didn't have enough a quarter of the nobility of their father.

Oberyn was far more textured, he was a great character, with good and bad qualities. It actually hurt deeply when he was lost.

I think that's also my point, I'm kind of indifferent at this point due to how thin many of the characters are becoming + it's just endgame stuff and no real surprises. I miss being surprised, it's back to tropes lately.