User Tag List

Page 97 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones!

MBTI
    INtP

I have been waiting for two whole weeks to respond to this comment...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

regarding the Unsullied: Of course, the show might not be the same as the book. They already added the scene last night that is triggering this discussion. Maybe they changed other.... uh... elements too, so the actors have... uh... more to work with?

Oh, @kelric, don't be mean... lol.
    But yeah, processing that was a total headscrambler. I don't think I saw THAT coming.

My curiosity got the best of me, so I did find on the 'net today whether The Mountain survives the day... but I only know the yes/no answer and read nothing else. Aside from that, I'm trying to bury my head in the sand again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I read it in the book after -- the show seemed even more brutal to me because of all the emotional resonance and the visuals. Gawd.
    Lol, I just remember thinking "what a fucking dumbass" when I read it. YOU ALREADY WON THE GODDAMN FIGHT, JUST FUCKING FINISH IT.

But yeah, seeing his head squished like a grape definetely produced a stronger visceral response.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I have been waiting for two whole weeks to respond to this comment...

Book spoilers:

I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    INFx

I knew it, I knew he has to die! RIP another short living character from a cruel world of GOT
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    E. A. Poe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Lol, I just remember thinking "what a fucking dumbass" when I read it. YOU ALREADY WON THE GODDAMN FIGHT, JUST FUCKING FINISH IT.

But yeah, seeing his head squished like a grape definetely produced a stronger visceral response.

When I saw this online today: It looks like Oberyn found out in the book from Tyrion the truth of the rumors about who killed his sister -- apparently Tyrion had promised to offer him justice when he was the Hand, but by the time Oberyn got to the city, Tywin was the Hand and had reneged, he was going to lie and say a different knight had killed all the people in question (a knight who had already been convicted, I think). So Tyrion gives him the information anyway, and Oberyn in the book thus went into the fight already knowing the truth.

I think in the show then, it works a little better because I don't think the rumors have yet been verified, Oberyn is still working from suspicion. (When he and Tyrion first meet, he says the rumor was that the Mountain had split her in two.) SO it's why he so badly wants and needs to hear that confession, to make it totally clear. As it is, when the Mountain finally confesses, he states he killed Elia differently than the original rumor had said.

We will have to see if there is political fallout, from one of the Lannister's knights admitting he raped and killed a noble woman and her two children during the taking of the city. And whether Tywin will get hit with backsplash. (considering how things work, I suspect Tywin will just sweep it under the rug and deny all.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    If anyone knows if Grey Worm still has his Pillar or Stones, please PM me. The suspense is killing me.
    Doesn't matter, he's hot either way.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Aw look, they're still the best of buds.

PS. For reference, Pedro Pascal is 5'11".

I just enjoyed the BROAD hint about what's going to happen next in King's Landing in a completely unrelated plot line.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Aw look, they're still the best of buds.

Makes Pedro like like this:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.