• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha I knew benjen was alive. :)

Other than that. I'm really excited to how Arya is going to be. She already seems much more mature than she was before.

It is a little old with Deanerys not moving along. I mean hopefully she starts another good scene rather than just another nudity scene with her.

I want to see Ramsay dead.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was my first thought when I saw how she was behaving with Tommen. I'm sure she's got a plan.

I think the part that confuses matters is that Olenna -- one of the best schemers in the show, and she's even responsible for one of the largest plots left undiscovered by the characters at least -- isn't part of it (as far as we know) and is acting like Margaery was subverted somehow.

Go Margaery!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^Not sure when she and Margaery would have had an opportunity to collude.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Not sure when she and Margaery would have had an opportunity to collude.

Yeah, I think Olenna has been kept out of the loop for this just because of the situation.
We know Margaery has Tommen around her little finger, when she wants (along with Ser Pounce).
And she can't depend on her brother -- she has to be the strong one now.

I'm so hoping she has a method underlying this.

Sadly, this would mean that she might be more effective than Cersei.
After all, she might have weaseled out of the Walk of Shame.
Cersei just took it on the chin.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dang they're making you love everyone. So you'll be so heart torn when they all fight.

Like maybe I'm starting to like Queen Margaery more than the Targaryen chick. :( :cry: :boohoo:

I wouldn't mind of most of the lannisters gone besides Tyrion.

Why does Natalie Dormer have to look so pretty?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Cersei just took it on the chin.

And by "it" you mean "commoner spunk" right? (Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And by "it" you mean "commoner spunk" right? (Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.)

Well, that and a few tons of horseshit and rotten fruit, but...
... [Sorry x 3 zillion]

Cersei got what was "coming" to her
... [Sorry x 6 zillion trillion billion]

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sooo, if I remember correctly, Benjen tells Bran that Bran is going to have to be prepared to deal with the White Walkers when they find him at the "other end of the earth." Does that mean that his story arc, and everything in the show will end in Essos, or in the Targaryen occupation of Southern Westeros?

That's some heavy handed foreshadowing. I don't know, man, are we just going to be dealing with a bunch of tidying up of loose strings from here on out? That sounds dull.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sooo, if I remember correctly, Benjen tells Bran that Bran is going to have to be prepared to deal with the White Walkers when they find him at the "other end of the earth." Does that mean that his story arc, and everything in the show will end in Essos, or in the Targaryen occupation of Southern Westeros?

That's some heavy handed foreshadowing. I don't know, man, are we just going to be dealing with a bunch of tidying up of loose strings from here on out? That sounds dull.

I thought in the show Benjen said Bran would meet the Night King at the Wall, but I haven't rewatched to confirm.

Are you drawing from the books here? Or was there a different comment I missed that you are referring to?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought in the show Benjen said Bran would meet the Night King at the Wall, but I haven't rewatched to confirm.

Are you drawing from the books here? Or was there a different comment I missed that you are referring to?

I was pretty sure that was from dialog in this last episode. I'll dig it up this evening to confirm.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I went back and rewatched parts of the episode.

he says (something very close to), "One way or another, the Night King will find his way to the world of men. And when he does, you'll [Bran] be waiting/ready for him."

So it's not really clear where they will meet, exactly. Pretty much as soon as they hit the Wall, but could be anywhere lower as well.

---------------

1. I think one reason Margaery confused me at the end is that, when I rewatched the scene with her/Tommen, she's DARN good. I mean, she's talking very much in the language of sincere/earnest religious conversion that I am familiar with from all my years as part of a faith + moral introspection. She doesn't sound duplicitous, and in fact what she describes (as how she would "put on shows of helping the poor" for example) to pretend to be a good person, well, that's exactly correct. She DID do that. Normally she has some "tells" -- inflection, context, something -- to give her away in the past, but her it just plays very straight.

Tommen even is confused, because even HE is more skeptical of the Sparrow than she sounds at that time.

So either she isn't lying, OR she didn't let Tommen in on her manipulations (so she's manipulating him), or she talked to him off-camera which we didn't see so that he would play along as well.

There's some interesting camera play between her and the Sparrow and Olenna when the army arrives. Margaery looks confused and concerned when she sees her grandmother and when listening to how the Sparrow is playing things. So, yes, obviously if she is playing them all, her grandmother doesn't know. The look on her face could be shame or it could simply be, "Crap, I was taking care of this, to get back to the Keep, so then we could turn on the Sparrow, and now if the soldiers attack, everything could go to hell and even my grandmother could be in danger." Like, somehow her political manipulations got her in over her head.

It'll be interesting to see....

2.I like Meera a lot. She has been a faceless character, kind of a third fiddle. But she finally gets a few moments to shine in the beginning of the episode. I felt so bad for her when she's trying to drag Bran along and just can't it, it's beyond her. The way she covers him with herself and tells him she's so sorry... just a really good minor moment.

3. I listened to the Arya/Lady Crane thing again (so good), and what I missed the first time is that perhaps there was some identification with Cersei there, but when she is describing how the "character Cersei" in the play might respond to the death of her son, she was describing HERSELF over the death of her father in King's Landing: "She's upset because she never got to say goodbye. She wouldn't just be sad... she'd be ANGRY."

Probably others picked up on that, but I missed it on first pass.

Also, it's not just the younger actress who hates Lady Crane. They all dislike her (or at least feel a little jealous) because she's talented enough that everyone in the audience -- people and animals -- likes her and ignores the efforts of the others as if they did not exist.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with you about the "killing" trend, and I felt like it was for the same reason: While some of the plotline acceleration was appreciated, there were other situations (like the Dorne thing, or Osha, and so forth) that felt more out of convenience and thus lost some of their dramatic steam. I felt the same way about Barristan as well (and I haven't read the books); it seemed to me like they cleared him out so as to make the return of Jorah a possibility, create a space for Tyrion and Varys to run the city, etc. But he deserved better.

Yeah, Barristan he had a really good scene in the book that they never got to in the show because they killed him off before that.

I actually really liked the episode last night. Better than some of the earlier episodes of the season. I think my favorite thing was the stuff with Sam; that all worked quite well.

I too thought there was more going on with Margaery, at least until Olenna Tyrell said "They've beaten us." Now I'm not so sure. She did get out of a walk of shame, however.

I also liked seeing the Freys again and what was going on with that situation. I wonder what's going to happen when Brienne and Jaime meet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones Final Seasons Will Be Shorter, a Director Confirms

ehhh...... they might only be down to eleven episodes left in the series (???)

Okay, I wish they had found a more stable pace. Going from drag-out to pell-mell hasn't really been cool, they really needed to give a little more room to breathe to some of the things happening this season.

Not only will they beat GRRM's book schedule, but the show could be over for years and he might never finish the books if he passes on. How weird.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just saw the opening few minutes of Episode 7. HAHA! Hell, yeah! (You'll know it when you see it.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Just saw the opening few minutes of Episode 7. HAHA! Hell, yeah! (You'll know it when you see it.)

giphy.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some interesting stuff in the episode:

Qre:us

Hmm, this was a slow-paced episode (comparatively), although some key things did take shape:

3 more episodes left. :cry:

Oh, yay, Bron!! Back in his old form.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't watched the newest episode yet, but here's a little treat:

13285312_138223053257163_1680442427_n.jpg

Would Clodor be Hodor's brother? :newwink:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Am i the only one who thiink the smaller houses look better than the houses of the lords? They have such homely looks.

Winterfell is probably the ugliest house so far.

The bear island house makes me think of my grandma's place.