First 41818990919293101141191 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I started watching Vikings to fill the void.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

EDIT:

FTR: Even though I appreciate the aesthetics of Vikings more, I think GoT is a much better show on the whole. Most characters from Martin's novels at least have, what I would call, "2 dimensions" to them, whereas Vikings is mostly full of 1 dimensional characters. The characters of greater complexity get far less screen time. The net result is that Vikings partially lives up to its producer's niche, looking almost like a documentary, while at the same time looking like a work of fiction. So it's as though it can't even make up its mind about what it wants to be. Whereas GoT clearly defines how it captures the audience.

It's kind of sad that this quote was a bit eye-opening:

Some of you apparently are worse Ni junkies than me

Whereas GoT clearly defines how it captures the audience.
    With lots of tits and an occasional cock.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    With lots of tits and an occasional cock.
    lol

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

EDIT:

FTR: Even though I appreciate the aesthetics of Vikings more, I think GoT is a much better show on the whole. Most characters from Martin's novels at least have, what I would call, "2 dimensions" to them, whereas Vikings is mostly full of 1 dimensional characters. The characters of greater complexity get far less screen time. The net result is that Vikings partially lives up to its producer's niche, looking almost like a documentary, while at the same time looking like a work of fiction. So it's as though it can't even make up its mind about what it wants to be. Whereas GoT clearly defines how it captures the audience.
    Just couldn't get into Vikings. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Thought I'd be hooked after seeing that epic title scene and music.

Seemed a little contrived (great cinematography like you said though).

Then again, I only watched 18 minutes.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

7 Things You Need To Know About The Deadliest Character In 'Game Of Thrones'

With Oberyn set up to play a pivotal role (if you haven't watched the latest episode yet, please do so immediately!) we thought we'd flesh out what makes the Dornishman such a legend. Trust us, the backstory justifies his infamy...

(7 backstory elements)

No 2: He's one of the most feared fighters in Westeros.
    He was deadly at the age of 16 and only became more so as he grew older. He fought not only in tournaments and duels and battles around Westeros, but also spent a significant amount of time in Essos.

He traveled in the Free Cities, where he learned the art of poisons; he fought with the famous mercenary company, the Second Sons (now led by Daario Naharis in service of the Daenerys) before forming his own company.

His weapon of choice is pretty daunting, too: "The spear was turned ash eight feet long, the shaft smooth, thick and heavy. The last two feet of that was steel: a slender leaf-shaped spearhead narrowing to a wicked spike." (Quote from Storm of Swords, Tyrion chapter)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

90's style opening theme

TWO MORE DAYS BIATCHES!! WOO HOO!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That was awesome. I'd watch that show, too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This one takes a little commitment to get to the funny part, but fortunately I loved the scene so I didn't mind watching it again.

PS, spoilers, violent content, etc.