• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
One of the best episodes of the show period for me. As good as Hardhome was last year.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dubrovnik. That sounds beautiful! I did a quick google image search and I would love to visit that place for sure! Although I wonder if I would give too much of a tourist vibe. :laugh:

I didn't go on it but there is a Game of Thrones tour in Dubrovnik where they show you where certain famous scenes were shot.

Good show tonight

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...That was so sad. :aquiver:

Me and the ENFP were watching and we both teared up.

Then started doing the inception-like play by play through prior episodes and blew my own mind.

This is getting good!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well that was an interesting episode. Really understand Hodor is actually saying. :z

Cute that they did the Sean Bean death re-enactment and even more odd how they even exacerbated the public's perception of Ned Stark. Sounds like Day 1 and a particular someone didn't it? Another point for Ni *dong*

Anyway. They picked up some major plot points quick for this one, although Jonah's quest is certainly going to slow down on Danearys' side. Who is the other red woman??

Interesting bringing back Verys' path. This show has a very spiritual/religious element to it, contrary to mainstream media's thoughts.

Well done.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jack Bender (main director from LOST) directed that episode, I think it was his first GoT? Pretty emotionally powerful at end, the way it was directed and edited. I have been horrified and/or sickened by some events in the series but this one just was emotionally overwhelming in terms of the tears.

Sometimes it is easy to forget hodor's age, considering he had no kids. But he's older than Ned by a bit and a contemporary....so kind of a protective uncle + friend at once to bran.

After seeing this episode, i have to wonder the extent of bran's powers. He doesn't seem to change things from what we know but could have been the cause of things we already know.

We're definitely in the "developing endgame" now. Things set up through many seasons are reaching a payoff. Now there's some understanding of the White Walkers for example.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Me and the ENFP were watching and we both teared up.

Then started doing the inception-like play by play through prior episodes and blew my own mind.

This is getting good!

After Outlander on Saturday then GoT last night, it was just a teary tv weekend. The only thing that helped was Silicone Valley was on right after to save me from going to bed in a full blown depression.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

So, so sad. It's remarkable when flickering images on a screen can affect me emotionally like that. If you need me today I'll be binge watching the Benny Hill show to recover.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We should talk about Sansa. Damn, girl, yes -- nail Littlefinger to the wall!

She has one of the most startling character transformations in the series, although in her favor she was very young and self-absorbed at the beginning and thus had a lot of room to grow. She's become one of the strongest characters now. I also like that she still operates from a sense of strong black and white morality (she's still herself) and can be opinionated; it's funny how she keeps pushing John and providing him a moral compass on what SHOULD be done; she's just older and more mature / able to put things in context.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That was a very satisfying scene. I liked how the really devastating parts of the episode were balanced by satisfying scenes like that one and Theon's empassioned endorsement for Yara. Also liked Dany's forgiveness of Sir Friendzone.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
We should talk about Sansa. Damn, girl, yes -- nail Littlefinger to the wall!

She has one of the most startling character transformations in the series, although in her favor she was very young and self-absorbed at the beginning and thus had a lot of room to grow. She's become one of the strongest characters now. I also like that she still operates from a sense of strong black and white morality (she's still herself) and can be opinionated; it's funny how she keeps pushing John and providing him a moral compass on what SHOULD be done; she's just older and more mature / able to put things in context.

'Sansa has one of the most startling character transformations,' are you serious? Compared to some other characters her transformation is insignificant.

Compare her to Jaime, Theon and you'd see she hasn't changed much.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Sansa has one of the most startling character transformations,' are you serious? Compared to some other characters her transformation is insignificant.

I wasn't liking the fact she lied to John about how the message was received. Like, wtf? Even Brienne was like what was that all about and she blew her off. Did LF get under her skin THAT quickly after she just called him out?

Unless she is planning some super devious action against LF, (which would be interesting) this doesn't make sense in terms of her character developing. I'm curious to see what plays out with her.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was worried that maybe the information Littlefinger gave wasn't on the up&up. He's not exactly trustworthy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't liking the fact she lied to John about how the message was received. Like, wtf? Even Brienne was like what was that all about and she blew her off. Did LF get under her skin THAT quickly after she just called him out? Unless she is planning some super devious action against LF, (which would be interesting) this doesn't make sense in terms of her character developing. I'm curious to see what plays out with her.

Not sure what drove her to do that. When people have been abused enough, they can sometimes lie as a protective measure even with people they should be able to trust; but I can't be sure what happened there. I like that Brienne called her on it, at least; so it makes it sound like the writers will follow up on it.

I was worried that maybe the information Littlefinger gave wasn't on the up&up. He's not exactly trustworthy.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I like how she left him almost speechless; I think for the first time in his life he realized he misplayed that hand, and Brienne might just cut him down where he stood. About the best he could do was provide information in parting (that could be misinformation) and that sneaky little parting shot about Jon only being her half-brother... trying to drive a wedge in there.

That was a very satisfying scene. I liked how the really devastating parts of the episode were balanced by satisfying scenes like that one and Theon's empassioned endorsement for Yara. Also liked Dany's forgiveness of Sir Friendzone.

I was slightly concerned that Theon might renege on his promise, but he doesn't; he has some honor left, and I think Yara now gets that her brother is back in some form and regrets terribly the loss of life and face she suffered trying to rescue him unsuccessfully.

For some reason, the Dany scene didn't ring as true to me; I guess I just rarely see her cry and she has been so ambivalent (or alternatingly hot and cold) towards Jorah. It was good he got to admit his love for her. Here is one of the cases though where I feel like the faster pace didn't do that development justice; I wish that whole segment had been given more time to breathe.

We do know a cure exists. Unfortunately, the man who knew of the cure (as well as the victim that it cured) is now dead.
Unless Davos also knows of it.

Oh, yeah; I forgot that character transformation only includes the unwilling removal of body parts.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I wasn't liking the fact she lied to John about how the message was received. Like, wtf? Even Brienne was like what was that all about and she blew her off. Did LF get under her skin THAT quickly after she just called him out?

Unless she is planning some super devious action against LF, (which would be interesting) this doesn't make sense in terms of her character developing. I'm curious to see what plays out with her.

Yeah it goes to show her lack of character development if anything. She is still the spoiled girl who wants what she wants when she wants it like the time she wanted to marry joeffry and she is going to manipulate her brother into doing it. But i am NOT blaming her for wanting to marry jeoffry. She was young and that's what little princesses had to do.

Oh, yeah; I forgot that character transformation only includes the unwilling removal of body parts.

Thanks you for you well written reply.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks you for you well written reply.

I was returning the same amount of investment you originally offered in your non-argument.

If you want a serious response, actually put in a little time next time to explain yourself.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So far, I'm disappointed in season 6.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So far, I'm disappointed in season 6.

We talked about this on Vent a little; I was wondering if you could expand on this. As I stated, the main thing I noticed that's been bugging me is that all the deaths seem too convenient, narratively speaking. It feels like some of the characters are just being bumped off so the writers don't have so many balls to juggle, so to speak. This was something I first started feeling around the back half of season 5, around when they killed Barristan. It's not so much that the character isn't dead in the books that bothered me, it's just that it seemed too convenient.

I did like the last two episodes a lot, though. They showed me that the show can take things to interesting places without existing material to draw on from the books. I wasn't expecting the White Walkers to play that kind of role in Bran's storyline, for instance, and I appreciated getting more of a backstory about them.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed by this season, but there has been a trend I wasn't thrilled with.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We talked about this on Vent a little; I was wondering if you could expand on this. As I stated, the main thing I noticed that's been bugging me is that all the deaths seem too convenient, narratively speaking. It feels like some of the characters are just being bumped off so the writers don't have so many balls to juggle, so to speak. This was something I first started feeling around the back half of season 5, around when they killed Barristan. It's not so much that the character isn't dead in the books that bothered me, it's just that it seemed too convenient.

I did like the last two episodes a lot, though. They showed me that the show can take things to interesting places without existing material to draw on from the books. I wasn't expecting the White Walkers to play that kind of role in Bran's storyline, for instance, and I appreciated getting more of a backstory about them.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed by this season, but there has been a trend I wasn't thrilled with.

I agree with you about the "killing" trend, and I felt like it was for the same reason: While some of the plotline acceleration was appreciated, there were other situations (like the Dorne thing, or Osha, and so forth) that felt more out of convenience and thus lost some of their dramatic steam. I felt the same way about Barristan as well (and I haven't read the books); it seemed to me like they cleared him out so as to make the return of Jorah a possibility, create a space for Tyrion and Varys to run the city, etc. But he deserved better.