• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, that was a pretty packed and intense episode. If I'm on that show, I'd want to restructure my contract so that I'm never to appear in Episode 9 or 10. (Except in the final season.)

So, do you guys think Stannis is really dead? I'm not so sure. They didn't actually show his death, afterall, and you know the rule about off screen deaths to major characters. Still, it could be argued we were seeing his final moments through this eyes, and Brienne didn't look like a happy woman.

Initially, I was 100% sure he was still alive... but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.

I think Stannis is dead. After everything that happened to him, what else is left for his character to do, anyway?

Jon may or may not be back.

I hope Stannis is dead. As to Jon, I am really disappointed. My hope is that it was some kind of dream.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, he needs to lay off the wine coolers and cheese curls before bedtime from now on.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, he needs to lay off the wine coolers and cheese curls before bedtime from now on.

A lifetime on the Wall without light, bedtime snacking ain't no kinda way to live at all. Ain't no kinda way to live at all. :dont:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kit Harrington may or may not be back, but I feel pretty sure Jon Snow will be, whether he worgs into Wolf or gets a blood magic resurrection.

Heh, John Bradley (Sam) had a funny quote about him not coming back as Ghost. Something about a dog with a sword on his back wouldn't quite have the same sex appeal as Kit. :D After very thoroughly shooting down the Ghost warg and the White Walker conversion theories, they were a bit more coy with the idea about Melisandre bringing him back.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kit doesn't know. My guess is that his contract stipulates he keeps certain dates free, and they haven't released him from that. Kit's going to look at new movies regardless of whether or not he's returning, so that's probably a misdirect. However, I do believe everyone when they say that Jon is really, truly dead. I just think that D&D are keeping their mouths shut so that everyone else can claim plausible deniability.

Book stuff - not really a plot spoiler but it's speculation based off of book only info:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kit doesn't know. My guess is that his contract stipulates he keeps certain dates free, and they haven't released him from that. Kit's going to look at new movies regardless of whether or not he's returning, so that's probably a misdirect. However, I do believe everyone when they say that Jon is really, truly dead. I just think that D&D are keeping their mouths shut so that everyone else can claim plausible deniability.

yeah, totes. The best way to keep a secret is not to share it in the first place. This way D&D are the only ones responsible for the truth. It's how I'd play it, if I were them, if Jon were in fact coming back.

But I totally believe he is DEAD. He has to be dead. It's whether something or someone that is dead can be alive again that is the question, right?

Warging:

That's a good insight. It's both elegant and plausible to me.

Qre:us

Yay, Varys & Tyrion, the ultimate SNARK TEAM is back!! If they can't put Mereen back together, no one can. Oh, and look at how many fucks I give that Greyworm is alive!

Aw, Mrycella and Jaime having their moment. Of course it is timed a little too perfectly. You know, like a minute before she dies. If only real life brought such perfectly timed closures.

LOL @ Brienne and Stannis. I love Brienne. She's so......Her final 'speech', the declaration of an honorable knight as one would read in the books (not in reality), before she asks him for any last words, which, was pretty poignant,

"Go on, do your duty."

I think that aptly sums up Stannis, Brienne, and the failure of.

Stannis in that he's bound by duty, as is Brienne, and they're good at exemplifying that. Difference being one factors in honour, while the other doesn't.

Also, it is a foreshadowing for Brienne's failure to uphold her duty, almost as an ironic statement. She kills Stannis, as if fulfilling an oath and a duty, but that very thing cost her, her other duty she had sworn to, namely to wait and watch for the signal/candle by the window.

So, she may think she did her duty, but she actually failed epically in that regard. She just doesn't know it it, yet. It was a pathetic and lonely end for Stannis. Kudos to the actor. He really gave the character its intrinsic identity.

You know, the deserter Melissandra is going to 'heal' Jon back to life somehow. Witchcraft.

And, with Sam gone, and a lot of the other Night's Watch against Jon, it's gonna leave him ripe for the picking by the Red Woman, who has already let it be known that he is "something important", and she can't wait to dig her claws into him.

YAY, REEK! For breaking through your paralyzing fear, and finding your spine!

You know he and Sansa will survive.

Most satisfying moment: Arya killing Meryn Trant. Most "woah, wtf" moment: Arya learning about the price and mind-fuck of 'attachment' ala the Faceless Cult. I think I am most intrigued by her storyline and what the angle is, of the Faceless Men.

Dany and the Dothraki. That was pretty cool. When she feels lost, unsure of her power, it's a reminder to what started it all, for her. Her rise to power/leading people, the Dothraki's.

Can I say that I absolutely love her dragon, Drogon? He's such a rascal! LOL. Not really tamed, and could care less to listen to her. I actually wanted to pet him, when he huffed a bit, ignored Dany, and put his chin on his arm and promptly went into 'nap time' mode, after eating.

SO CUTE!!!! (I like that they're giving the dragon a personality)

And, finally, SHAME! SHAME!!

How uncomfortable was that to watch? Her getting shitted on, literally. A tiny bit of me, felt gleeful at Cersei's punishment, but I was overwhelmingly left uncomfortable by the social commentary it makes on what religious fanaticism can look like, if given power over the state/government.

The MOUNTAIN has rises!

Well, damn.....the Hound must be out there. Likely will encounter Arya again in Braavos?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, the deserter Melissandra is going to 'heal' Jon back to life somehow. Witchcraft.

And, with Sam gone, and a lot of the other Night's Watch against Jon, it's gonna leave him ripe for the picking by the Red Woman, who has already let it be known that he is "something important", and she can't wait to dig her claws into him.

I just thought of something. You know how Melisandre and Arya met in Season 3, and said that they would meet again? Maybe Melisandre ends up using Jon for malicious purposes, and then Arya puts a stop to it by killing her with her assassin skills.

See, I do think Jon was something important, or at least represented something important. There was something powerful in the idea of uniting opposing sides of a conflict; I just think his sworn brothers weren't ready for it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I cannot express how much I want the Hound to come back and put an end to his asshole brother once and for all.

Qre:us

I just thought of something. You know how Melisandre and Arya met in Season 3, and said that they would meet again? Maybe Melisandre ends up using Jon for malicious purposes, and then Arya puts a stop to it by killing her with her assassin skills.

See, I do think Jon was something important, or at least represented something important. There was something powerful in the idea of uniting opposing sides of a conflict; I just think his sworn brothers weren't ready for it.

:yes:, I can see Arya and Jon uniting to end Melisandre, somehow.

As for Jon and warging ( [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION]), that's an interesting thought that I didn't even consider. Given how important the Starks' connection is to their direwolves, as a symbol of their own self/identity, and given my previous assumption that the fate of the direwolf usually outlines the fate of that Stark child, AND, given that we didn't see a glimpse of Ghost as Jon lay there bleeding to death....I can totally see that coming into play.

Would be an interesting concept.

But, my initial thought: I still think Melissandra will come into the picture too, of Jon's resurrection.

In that way, maybe it's not one or the other theory. Maybe it's both, together.

Maybe Jon's "mind" goes into Ghost, and his "body" is used by Melissandra to be resurrected back to life, and since the "mind" of Jon is not there, he will be used as a puppet for nefracious Fire God purpose, by Melissandra, but Jon's mind will remain pure, untainted, untouched, i.e., the essence of Jon Snow through Ghost (as the Fire God does take something from the person if he/she/it brings them back to life).

Ghost will truly be the ghost of Jon Snow. Ha!

It echoes Maester Aemon's speech to Jon, "Kill the boy and let the man be born."

I think this is the beginning of that. The killing of the boy, Jon.

Although Melissandra will resurrect Jon, I think Jon will have a rebirth as well, separate from that.

I know of the L+R=J, theory, and if that's true, then, I can see:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, I cannot express how much I want the Hound to come back and put an end to his asshole brother once and for all.

Sadly, the way Martin writes, if the Hound comes back to fight the Mountain, the Mountain will probably kill him in the worst way possible. But if he is merciful for once, it would be appropriate for the Hound to hold the Mountain in a fire, consuming him even if it also consumes the Hound. That would be apropos and give a sense of closure to their lifelong anmity and maybe provide some satisfaction for Sandor -- he would be giving back to his brother what his brother gave to him, AND "winning" in a sense, AND overcoming his fear of the flame and that childhood experience for a larger cause.

put another way, it would be pretty damned heroic.

But we all know how GRRM feels about that kind of thing, lol. Maybe he should let Terry Brooks write that page for him.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sadly, the way Martin writes, if the Hound comes back to fight the Mountain, the Mountain will probably kill him in the worst way possible. But if he is merciful for once, it would be appropriate for the Hound to hold the Mountain in a fire, consuming him even if it also consumes the Hound. That would be apropos and give a sense of closure to their lifelong anmity and maybe provide some satisfaction for Sandor -- he would be giving back to his brother what his brother gave to him, AND "winning" in a sense, AND overcoming his fear of the flame and that childhood experience for a larger cause.

put another way, it would be pretty damned heroic.

But we all know how GRRM feels about that kind of thing, lol. Maybe he should let Terry Brooks write that page for him.

I don't know. I think the hound is going to win somehow, and the mountain is going to lose. The hound might not live at the end of it, and it might be bittersweet like you said, but I think he's going to be the one to defeat the mountain.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. I think the hound is going to win somehow, and the mountain is going to lose. The hound might not live at the end of it, and it might be bittersweet like you said, but I think he's going to be the one to defeat the mountain.

I want to believe that.

do-believe-in-spooks.jpg

I do I do I do I do I do believe! I do!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to believe that.

do-believe-in-spooks.jpg

I do I do I do I do I do believe! I do!

Yeah, you're probably right. The mountain is still going to be kicking around causing trouble as always. Maybe this time, though, he's going to do something good!

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
LOL @ Brienne and Stannis. I love Brienne. She's so......Her final 'speech', the declaration of an honorable knight as one would read in the books (not in reality), before she asks him for any last words, which, was pretty poignant,

She's an idiot. What did she say again? In the name of Renly of house Baratheon first of his name Rightful king of the andals and the first men.

Retard alert. He didn't even have a claim.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's an idiot. What did she say again? In the name of Renly of house Baratheon first of his name Rightful king of the andals and the first men.

Retard alert. He didn't even have a claim.

All three of them were usurpers. Stannis was a loser, though. At least Robert and Renly could gain supporters and make people want to follow them.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
All three of them were usurpers. Stannis was a loser, though. At least Robert and Renly could gain supporters and make people want to follow them.

You can claim the first one is a usurper. The next in line is not.

Also regarding the popularity contest

tumblr_ljppdzwWHF1qic2kco1_500.png

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can claim the first one is a usurper. The next in line is not.

Also regarding the popularity contest

tumblr_ljppdzwWHF1qic2kco1_500.png

"You really think having a crown gives you power? " -- Tywin Lannister.

The Baratheons are all traitorous usurpers. Purge them with fire and blood.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And that's exactly why the Targaryens went the way of the dino. If you really think this then you shouldn't care who's a usurper and who isn't.

I know who is still in the running, and who isn't. Your boi Stannis isn't looking too good right now.