User Tag List

First 6789101858108 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 2194

  1. #71
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Don't quote me unless you have something substantial to say, ENTP.
    something substancial?
    Last edited by phobik; 03-17-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added something substancial
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  2. #72
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ew. Not likely.

    I think it's


  3. #73
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    I've been a longtime fan of the books, and I just got the first two DVD's from netflix, and so far I think they've done a great job with it. It does feel a little bit like the show just flits around hitting the pivotal points in the book, but that's probably unavoidable, given the size of the book (or it's just a perception issue on my part, as I already know the story).

    Visually, it suffers a little bit from the "everything is various shades of brown and gray" (except Daenerys' hair) issue... but that's probably accurate, given the technology of the setting -- it just comes out much more visually than in the books.

    Two things I would like to see, though. More Tyrion. More Arya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #74
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    *blinds eyes coming in*
    I refuse to read spoilers.


    I'm very excited about the new upcoming season. I really should finish the book before it starts. We should have a count down
    And that is why we have spoiler font!! I would hate someone to be spoiled about what comes next in his books. They are such a treat to read and be surprised from.

    Only 2 weeks for the new season....

  5. #75
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    And that is why we have spoiler font!! I would hate someone to be spoiled about what comes next in his books. They are such a treat to read and be surprised from.

    Only 2 weeks for the new season....
    Well some of them are a treat to be surprised from...
    ***********
    Edit: Adding extra words since the spoiler still shows up in the live posts feed if it's close to the beginning of the post.
    ***********
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  6. #76
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Well some of them are a treat to be surprised from...
    ***********
    Edit: Adding extra words since the spoiler still shows up in the live posts feed if it's close to the beginning of the post.
    ***********
    Oh crap it does!! Thank you for letting me know!!

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

  7. #77
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    I better be careful about the convos I get into here because I'm still slogging brought feast of crows.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  8. #78
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I better be careful about the convos I get into here because I'm still slogging brought feast of crows.
    No spoilers here.

    I've just finished Dance With Dragons a few days ago and found Feast for Crows a little rough. Not terrible, but not as good as the couple books before it. Dance With Dragons is better.

    I wonder how they'll handle FfC and DwD on the show, since those shows sort of split the narrative. I wonder if they'll try and do it chronologically over two seasons and meld the two books together, just to keep all the main cast around every season.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  9. #79
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I only have the first book, and never finished it. So I might pick up the whole series again... I don't think I want to wait for all the seasons of the show to come out. Someone tell me it spans enough time that some of these characters grow up though? Arya is too cool to stay a kid.

  10. #80
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I wonder how they'll handle FfC and DwD on the show, since those shows sort of split the narrative. I wonder if they'll try and do it chronologically over two seasons and meld the two books together, just to keep all the main cast around every season.
    Yeah - I see books 4 and 5 being melded together into 2, maybe 3 seasons. The show runners have a good sense of how to make the books into a good TV series, and there's no way they'd give us a season that 60% revolves around the stuff that happened in King's Landing while leaving out several core characters.

    Question is, does book 4 and 5 get broken into 2 or 3 seasons? I almost vote for 3 because George is gonna need that extra year.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I only have the first book, and never finished it. So I might pick up the whole series again... I don't think I want to wait for all the seasons of the show to come out. Someone tell me it spans enough time that some of these characters grow up though? Arya is too cool to stay a kid.
    We'll have to wait and see. George's original intent was to let 5 years pass after book 3 so the kids and pets can get a bit older. However, that didn't work out. In the end, I think books 4 and 5 occurred over maybe 1.5 years or so, so several of the characters will be at least 2 or 3 years younger than George originally planned.

    Still, Arya has some really neat material.

Similar Threads

  1. According to Erm the best show of all time is 'Game of Thrones'
    By Kimchitasi in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-09-2017, 05:49 AM
  2. Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM
  3. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 04:39 AM
  4. Which Game of Thrones character are you?
    By Within in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM
  5. If you've read/watched A Game of Thrones..
    By Wanderer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO