Thread: Game of Thrones!

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I thought he was saying it was less maternal and more how they are her possession/agency in the world. (i.e., less about Joffrey being king, and more about HER SON being king.)

Parents who treat their kids as extensions of themselves aren't really that paternal or maternal. Paternal and maternal parents take joy in their children's joys, mourn in their losses, and invest in their kids without expecting return; Cersie seems to live through her kids because she hates her life. How much does she actually love THEM vs just love that they are hers? I'm not sure.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought he was saying it was less maternal and more how they are her possession/agency in the world. (i.e., less about Joffrey being king, and more about HER SON being king.)

Parents who treat their kids as extensions of themselves aren't really that paternal or maternal. Paternal and maternal parents take joy in their children's joys, mourn in their losses, and invest in their kids without expecting return; Cersie seems to live through her kids because she hates her life. How much does she actually love THEM vs just love that they are hers? I'm not sure.
    I also think she sees them more as extensions of herself more than anything. She's fiercely protective of them when they're threatened, but other than that, what has she actually done to be a good mother? Has she shown kindness and support? Tried to give them a good upbringing? Any kind of attempt at parenting at all? Hardly. She's actually pretty abusive and just expects obedience from them, like she does with everyone despite having done nothing to warrant it. She's just as selfish and egocentric as Jaime once was, only it feels like she is beyond redemption at this point.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I think all parents that take the time to actually raise their kids imprint their own desires and wishes on them. Probably the best parenting is letting your kids be who they really are, and guiding them towards that, but you're still going to influence them with your values and beliefs. When I think of "maternal" I think of unconditional love, among other things, and she's definitely shown that with Joeffry, that little shit. She even admits what a little monster he is. She loves him, defends, and protects him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is what I take home from it too.

I think she sort of takes solace in them being products of the guy she loves, and that they're a big middle finger in the face to the world that won't let her be with her brother and forced her to marry Robert at all. She probably didn't have much else to take pride in for long stretches of time too while being married to Robert--on top of probably some basic motherly instincts. She's only ever really civil in the face of children being involved. Besides children, all bets are off.
    All that and extra bonus points for the bold
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

To speculate on the answer, there's always the Moon door. Jaime seems to like that sort of thing.
    (and poetic justice as well, considering what almost happened to his brother)
    I see what you did there! I think!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Apologies if this has been posted before:

http://www.danbarham.com/dinklage/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

LOL
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A truly dizzying display of axemanship!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

I have thought that perhaps what she loves is the power that her kids provide her, and the fact that they are a bargaining chip she will throw at anyone.

I really did not like how they portrayed the church scene between C and J recently. I think I know what they are going for, but just because the end results may be the same, the road taken matters very much.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The thing keeps playing over and over and my cat is just looking at me on the bed like "Uh, wtf is THAT?"