User Tag List

First 2666747576777886126176 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    All Lannisters are blonde. It's Martin's special brand of genetics. Targaryen hair is supposed to be silver or white.
    What about Tyrion?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Reading more about the Bran/Hodor thing -- again, a different portrayal in the show than in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    What about Tyrion?
    Tyrion too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That last bit you mention -- horrible. That was hard to watch.

Well, I think it's to the degree, and i don't think the viewers "feel" that it was wrong. Yes, he looks confused; but when I've read reviews and comments, people seem to gloss over it, just focus on you-know-who getting what was coming to him, etc. From my understanding in the books, the actions are much more comparable to what everyone was complaining about with episode 3 this season; but I see few people having that kind of emotional response to it, since the ends justifies the means and we're not really shown the TOTAL depth of how such a things impacts the target.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

That last bit you mention -- horrible. That was hard to watch.

Well, I think it's to the degree, and i don't think the viewers "feel" that it was wrong. Yes, he looks confused; but when I've read reviews and comments, people seem to gloss over it, just focus on you-know-who getting what was coming to him, etc. From my understanding in the books, the actions are much more comparable to what everyone was complaining about with episode 3 this season; but I see few people having that kind of emotional response to it, since the ends justifies the means and we're not really shown the TOTAL depth of how such a things impacts the target.
    So from what you've read or heard, is Bran acting a bit cruelly or sadistically to sweet Hodor (HODOR!!) like a kid plucking wings off a butterfly? Or is he using him when he needs, and Hodor being super sensitive, mentally handicapped Hodor just feeling violated? In the show, it was obvious to me that he was NOT ok with that, but yeah, that didn't make too big a deal of it, and in THAT situation, it seemed reasonable to me, considering the consequences of Bran doing nothing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

So from what you've read or heard, is Bran acting a bit cruelly or sadistically to sweet Hodor (HODOR!!) like a kid plucking wings off a butterfly? Or is he using him when he needs, and Hodor being super sensitive, mentally handicapped Hodor just feeling violated? In the show, it was obvious to me that he was NOT ok with that, but yeah, that didn't make too big a deal of it, and in THAT situation, it seemed reasonable to me, considering the consequences of Bran doing nothing.
    Yeah, pretty much this. It really didn't seem quite as benign as
    . But since they were pretty much going to die I get why Bran had to do it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I didn't read the books, I just saw an excerpt where how Hodor's internal experience sounds very much like what a rape victim will do inside her head in the middle of a rape, so it seems clear to me in that one paragraph that Martin was drawing a parallel experience. And there's a reason why Christianity handles demonic possession as it does, and how psychologically "possession" of another person is usually a twisted mess -- violations of privacy and autonomy combined, imposing yourself on another and taking what is theirs for your own use.

I'm a pragmatic person, and I "get" that he felt he had no other options at least as presented on the show. I didn't think much of it until I saw a review where it described Hodor's experience in more detail. I definitely think the show treated it much more sympathetically to Bran and justified that choice to the audience. I'm not sure how the books treat Bran in the large scale. i'm not sure why you're putting words in my mouth about Bran in terms of him "pulling wings off butterflies," etc. The act of possession itself is a form of rape, regardless of intent, so I guess that's where the article writer was coming from; it's not whether Bran feels malice towards Hodor or wants to hurt him, it's the nature of the act itself.

... which of course leads to, does this apply only to other humans? Why isn't anyone complaining about the wolves? Or is it basically that the wolves are complicit/agreeing in some way.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interesting 10-item list.
    http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...me-of-thrones/

If you don't know anything about "book" Cersei, you might want to skip no. 4 . I did read it, so not huge spoilers, but it inadvertently suggests where her character arc MIGHT go in general.

Oh, and HODOR!!!! (1) As a side note, he's 7" taller than Brienne.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh, and HODOR!!!! (1) As a side note, he's 7" taller than Brienne.
    The only taller character is likely The Mountain, Gregor Clegane. (Brother to our favorite Hound, friend of Arya.) In the books, he's like 8'2". The TV show has done well to get 7'+ actors to play him, especially in Season 1, but he's still tiny compared to the book Mountain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

i'm not sure why you're putting words in my mouth about Bran in terms of him "pulling wings off butterflies," etc.
    "So from what you've read or heard, is Bran acting a bit cruelly or sadistically to sweet Hodor (HODOR!!) like a kid plucking wings off a butterfly?"

Twas a question.