User Tag List

First 2464727374757684124174 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, this is horrible. I was reading an interview with Gerry Conway who wrote a famous Spiderman comic waaaaay back revolving around Gwen Stacey .... and suddenly in the middle of an interview, he blurts out what happens in the Red Wedding for GoT.

And they published it without any real warning that they were dumping a huge GoT spoiler!!! Yes, you know the article's got ASM2 spoilers, but what if you haven't seen GoT and you're reading the spiderman article?

I'm surprised he didn't toss in the bit about Dumbledore while he was at it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Decent episode from last night.

And I had a little bit of empathy for Cersei. Just a little -- despite her obsession with Tyion.

But Lysa of the Vale is batshit crazy... her and that breastfeeder she's raising. She's nuts. Poor Sansa, she kind of leaps from the frying pan right into the hottest parts of the fire. The only wonderful part was seeing Baelish be outplayed momentarily and having to, uh, provide services in ways he might not have anticipated. That was also a big reveal, in one of those Vale conversations; yeeesh.

Daenyres still rocks. But it looks like Westeros just got some more time. (Side note: I'm thinking now Sansa would probably be safest with Daenyres. Srsly.)

Finally, if I had been Rast, I would have dove into that cage and shut the freaking door. What an idiot.
    The thing about Cersei is they've still managed to make her not totally unlikeable (unlike Joeffry). And maybe it's been a while since I've seen GoT but I remember at one point not really disliking her (she's always played the role of evil Queen, but never hated her). I think maybe BECAUSE of her extreme defense of Joeffry, she's just grown more distasteful. And one of the moments this season that really pissed me off was the extreme coldness towards Jaime (which is saying something, as she's the iciest bitch in the whole show). ZERO sympathy for his capture, ZERO sympathy for getting his fucking hand cut off......but mostly because of her ever present and irrational defense of Joeffry (ok, I guess it is her son, but still).

And yes, poor fragile little Sansa. She doesn't seem to be able to catch a break does she? BUT I do think she may be better off at the Eyrie (even if she hadn't been framed for Joeffry's wedding). Like it was mentioned in the last episode (and previous seasons) Littlefinger loved Catelyn and must have some kind of pure intentions with keeping Sansa safe (I hope). Dear God, Lysa is insane. I was just waiting for her niceness to stop and for her to go batshit on Sansa at some point, and wasn't disappointed.

Another stall on the Mother of Dragons reigning hellfire on Westeros! I'm shocked!

Hide in the cage, damn that's a good idea. If that dog wanted me dead, I definitely would be.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

I think Cersei is mostly playing the jury: luring Tywin with reasonability and family-comes-first, Mace Tyrell by being nice to his daughter, and Oberyn by showing decency and love.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like seeing small samples of Cersei being humane.

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^I don't remember any of that subtext.

WhoCares

I only made it through one season, although I liked reading to the first book. The irritating part for me is all that trudging around north of the wall which seems rather pointless to the whole story. And Jon Snow....oh for God Sake just fall down a ditch and die already! Can't believe this is the one left alive at the end of season III. Needless to say I wont be watching further seasons. Oh yeah and what's her face with the Dragon's....so sick of that shit. Yeah okay you've got Dragon's and you fry everyone's eyeballs with them...but hey, underneath it all you're a girl scout who only wants love peace and sunshine for the whole universe. Not predictable at all!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I think Cersei is mostly playing the jury: luring Tywin with reasonability and family-comes-first, Mace Tyrell by being nice to his daughter, and Oberyn by showing decency and love.
    That's what I was suspecting, by the time she got to Oberyn.

It would just be far too much of a shift for her to "go good" so quickly... and I still remember her telling Ned waaaaaay back that when you play the game of thrones, either you win or you die.

EDIT: I don't remember any "concerned Cersei" subtext either. She's typically either been spiteful and irrational, or she's been faking being reasonable so she can carry out her plots. I think in general she honestly does miss her daughter, though, even if she's also using it as a bartering chip with Oberyn.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^I think she does that a lot- there's a genuine emotion she's actually feeling, but she's using it to manufacture sincerity and manipulate someone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    INFx

In a past episodes I actually start to sympathize with Cersei very much. I think she's one of the most misunderstood GOT characters. She's a woman born into family where values are strongly held and the keeping the blood pure and clean is more important than anything else. She's a Lennister so she must adhere this basic standard. Though she would do anything for her family and everything she does is for keeping it together even when it's falling apart right infront of her eyes. I admire her independency and strong will...I actually think she's strong and intelligent woman born into the corrupted family
    4w3-7w6-9w1 so/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    In a past episodes I actually start to sympathize with Cersei very much. I think she's one of the most misunderstood GOT characters. She's a woman born into family where values are strongly held and the keeping the blood pure and clean is more important than anything else. She's a Lennister so she must adhere this basic standard. Though she would do anything for her family and everything she does is for keeping it together even when it's falling apart right infront of her eyes. I admire her independency and strong will...I actually think she's strong and intelligent woman born into the corrupted family
    Well that's one of the great things about this show. Almost all of the main characters are complex. They all have understandable and human motives (though certainly not always commendable). Off the top of my head, Joeffry and Lysa are two characters that are the most repugnant because of their psychoses. The rest, like Cersei, like most of the Lannisters, stand for principles and uphold them at any cost. The main principle being empowering and propagating the Lion bloodline. Tyrion is the one exception, he's so much softer and kind-hearted than his machiavellian, ice cold family. His cleverness and guile is near genius levels, and it's almost a miracle to me that he's managed to not be singled out and killed by his own family, though that clearly hangs in the balance now.

Jaime seems to be a wild card at this point. His whole getting captured/hand chopped off/Brienne softening, has changed him. And the way Cersei has friend-zoned him (for whatever reason) has also caused him to rethink his position. I'm interested to see what path he goes. I don't think he's ever really cared about the legacy of his family line, just his own personal legacy, the Kingslayer. Well that, and Cersei. But now that he's been dumped by his sister and lost his legendary warrior identity with the missing hand and all, I think he's struggling to re-define himself.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.