User Tag List

Page 72 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1914

Thread: Game of Thrones!

  1. #711
    Emperor/Dictator Array kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    God. I don't know whether that's good writing or bad. It's a little over the top, lol, with a dallop of fan fic style drama.

    ...Then again, apparently people buy it.

    Yeah I don't remember it being so... cheesy when I was reading it, considering the darkness of the book usually. I think when you're reading through so many heavy chapters though, that doesn't sound so bad and it gives you a little breath of air. Out of the context, yeah.. it looks a little Twilight.

    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #712
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    41,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah I don't remember it being so... cheesy when I was reading it, considering the darkness of the book usually. I think when you're reading through so many heavy chapters though, that doesn't sound so bad and it gives you a little breath of air. Out of the context, yeah.. it looks a little Twilight.

    ...I kind of skimmed over much of your spoiler because as I started to read it looks like something further in the story I don't want to know about until it happens.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #713
    Emperor/Dictator Array kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ...I kind of skimmed over much of your spoiler because as I started to read it looks like something further in the story I don't want to know about until it happens.
    Ah!! I forgot you haven't read them! @_@~! so sorry, nooo don't look then!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  4. #714
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    41,082

    Default

    @simulatedworld: This is the book/show discussion thread, in Arts & Entertainment. We're discussing narrative content, theme, etc. here.

    Can you move that post over to the actual type discussion thread in Pop Culture & Type at:
    Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

    Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #715
    Symbolic Herald Array Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    @simulatedworld: This is the book/show discussion thread, in Arts & Entertainment. We're discussing narrative content, theme, etc. here.

    Can you move that post over to the actual type discussion thread in Pop Culture & Type at:
    Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

    Thanks.
    Posts moved to Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  6. #716
    FRACTALICIOUS Array phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ...I kind of skimmed over much of your spoiler because as I started to read it looks like something further in the story I don't want to know about until it happens.
    Oh you mean that part when *censored* goes to *censored* and then meets up with *censored* and they *censored* and *censored* and then the *censored* takes place?
    Last edited by phobik; 05-01-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: fixing the *censored*
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  7. #717
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @kyuuei
    (I don't think I'm spoiling much at this point, but) I never really say Jaime as a monster. He's a bit of a dick, and he's willing to do what he has to do to protect his family, but he's a lot less unnecessarily cruel than most of the other characters, one of the only people who is nice to Jaime and, in a roundabout way, does have some vestiges of an honor code
    PS: season 4 ep 3 spoiler
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #718
    Male Array johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @kyuuei
    (I don't think I'm spoiling much at this point, but) I never really say Jaime as a monster. He's a bit of a dick, and he's willing to do what he has to do to protect his family, but he's a lot less unnecessarily cruel than most of the other characters, one of the only people who is nice to Jaime and, in a roundabout way, does have some vestiges of an honor code
    PS: season 4 ep 3 spoiler
    Rape is never funny, mister!!

    But god how I hate Cersei. What a c***
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  9. #719
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Rape is never funny, mister!!
    But god how I hate Cersei. What a c***
    if we're talking about someone as fucked up as Cersei, then you bet your ass it's funny (though, I would have preferred it if it were Joffrey. he deserves to get raped even more)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #720
    Male Array johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if we're talking about someone as fucked up as Cersei, then you bet your ass it's funny (though, I would have preferred it if it were Joffrey. he deserves to get raped even more)
    Yeah, I'm kidding. Every topic can be funny. Tosh proved this.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM
  2. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 04:39 AM
  3. Which Game of Thrones character are you?
    By Within in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM
  4. If you've read/watched A Game of Thrones..
    By Wanderer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
  5. According to Erm the best show of all time is 'Game of Thrones'
    By Kimchitasi in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •