• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's about time for the Smoke Monster to take over Westeros. Cersei won't know what hit her.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, that was another stupid addition that went nowhere. I was intrigued after they dropped that plot point in the season finale of season 3, and then when that shoe finally dropped, it was a big letdown. Sometimes they nail it out of the park with these additions, like pretty much anything involving Sansa or Brienne. Other times, they do something pointless that feels forced and artificial. I'd put the Craster's Keep stuff in the middle.

I'm wondering if the rest of the Greyjoys are going to come into play at all here. But then, everything on the Iron Islands is thrown off and set on a different course.

I agree - Craster's stuff is middle of the road. Well, outside of the frustrating idea that the Night's Watch rejects would have been able to capture both Bran and Jon's direwolves.

Book Spoilers about the Greyjoys:

And there was all that hype about the Sand Snakes too.
They really haven't done much at all yet this season.

As a side note, I noticed that someone got sliced with a spear tip near the end of that fight, but I missed who it was. Did anyone notice that? I hope we're not gonna rehash the "poison" thing again.

That was Bronn. And yeah, I suspect we'll be rehashing the poison thing... otherwise, why have such an awkward, ahem, cut of the cut, during the fight scene?

The Sand Snakes haven't really done much in the books at this point, either. Winds of Winter is supposed to be their book, so hopefully they'll prove their worth in Season 6. I don't expect them to do too much this season.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's about time for the Smoke Monster to take over Westeros. Cersei won't know what hit her.

Smoke monsters in Westeros tend to come from unusual places.

The Sand Snakes haven't really done much in the books at this point, either. Winds of Winter is supposed to be their book, so hopefully they'll prove their worth in Season 6. I don't expect them to do too much this season.

True, but they had more distinct personalities in the books. Also, Arianne and Quentyn Martell have been deleted. Although Quentyn seemed a little disposable, so I understand why they didn't include him. Even so, I found him a relatable character, and I thought his chapters in Book 5 were more enjoyable than Tyrion's. Again, the show has vastly improved on Tyrion's storyline.

I wonder if Sam is going to be going to Oldtown at any point? They mentioned it a few times last week.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was Bronn. And yeah, I suspect we'll be rehashing the poison thing... otherwise, why have such an awkward, ahem, cut of the cut, during the fight scene?

:overreact:

NooooOooO! BRONNNNNNN!!!!1

curse you, Jamie Lannister, you and your useless golden hand!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:overreact:

NooooOooO! BRONNNNNNN!!!!1

curse you, Jamie Lannister, you and your useless golden hand!

Well, we don't know for sure if they will. I'm not even sure which Sand Snake got him... and there's no guarantee that Whippy, Knifey, and Speary *all* use poison.

Qre:us

:sleeping: wha...oh wait, another episode of GoT?

Yeah, so far, I'm not that impressed with this season. I did :happy2: when I saw Adabesi from Oz appear on screen (the pirate who Tyrion & Jorah came across).

The Sand Snakes were as gimmicky and snooze-worthy as I predicted. Jaime and Bronn, my sympathies goes out to the characters for that dreaded SL. I am pretty sure Marcella (sp?) is going to get married to that Dorne boy, and Jaime will realize his daughter's happiness outweighs whatever Cersei wants, and he'll leave her there. Hopefully. I just want this SL to get wrapped up, pronto!

Cersei just enraged the Head Rose. It's on like King Kong. Can't wait to see what Oleanna does to Cersei.....using the Sparrows (am pretty sure, she'll enlist the maneuverings of Littlefinger to achieve it).

Sansa, poor Sansa. Glad she is discovering her backbone, through these trials and tribulations, but what a walk through fire. Reek, and his master, Eek. The saga continues.....

I want more ACTION!!!

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
it's pretty good this season....pretty soon...

Book(?) spoiler; TV people, avoid:

Last edited by a moderator:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION]: Please don't post book spoilers (if they are) without clearly identifying them as such; if someone is assuming you have a show spoiler (the default) and you end up revealing something from later in the books, you screw it up for them.

Everyone in the past has been pretty good about that, even with the duel for Tyrion's life last season.

If you mark it as a book spoiler, people then know what it is and can choose not to read it.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION]: Please don't post book spoilers (if they are) without clearly identifying them as such; if someone is assuming you have a show spoiler (the default) and you end up revealing something from later in the books, you screw it up for them.

Everyone in the past has been pretty good about that, even with the duel for Tyrion's life last season.

If you mark it as a book spoiler, people then know what it is and can choose not to read it.

My apologies fair Jennifer of the Sherwood and Spoilers, lady of the lake of differentiating between book and show; forgive me....

Now that I know I shall do not!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Qre:us said:
Cersei just enraged the Head Rose. It's on like King Kong. Can't wait to see what Oleanna does to Cersei.....using the Sparrows (am pretty sure, she'll enlist the maneuverings of Littlefinger to achieve it).

It's kind of amusing to read her monologue in the books here, just to see how out of touch she is with what's actually going on. She's making terrible terrible decision after terrible decision, alienating allies left and right, and ignoring the advice of everyone around her for no other reason than the fact that she thinks that's what Tywin would have done.. That being said, it did get a little tedious for me. It helps here in that it's broken up by other things, whereas the 4th book was mostly from her perspective.

I want more ACTION!!!

See, I like that this season, (and Book 5 by extension) placed a lot of importance on the ins and outs of politics. It's all about people having to make tough choices and dealing with the fallout from those choices. I find that interesting. Regarding actions, I tend to zone out during smaller fights, although I like the big epic battle scenes. Especially if ships, space or otherwise, are involved.

Qre:us

Don't worry. Soon enough the show will add more nameless men who exist for no reason other than to be slaughtered to satiate the public's blood lust.

Let's not forget the nameless women and their big ol' titties, that exist for no other reason than to provide sexploitation!! :happy2:

But, I'm crossing my fingers for an epic bloodless war. They're a thing.

It's kind of amusing to read her monologue in the books here, just to see how out of touch she is with what's actually going on. She's making terrible terrible decision after terrible decision, alienating allies left and right, and ignoring the advice of everyone around her for no other reason than the fact that she thinks that's what Tywin would have done.. That being said, it did get a little tedious for me. It helps here in that it's broken up by other things, whereas the 4th book was mostly from her perspective.

There's something very tragic about Cersei's tailspin down into the darkness of her despair. She literally has no one, now. She's losing her control and her reaction is to assert more control, which is all wrong.The more she tries to hold on (to the upper hand), the worse she makes the situation. Oleanna gave good insight into Cersei's tragic flaw, as opposed to Tywin. Cersei takes the whole LION identity too far. Tywin, with wisdom, understood that sometimes even the mighty lion has to bend (or appear to).

A reed before the wind lives on, while the mighty oak falls.

I'm sure that whatever happens to her, as a consequence of what she did to Loras and Margery, she will desperately seek out help/true allies. And there will be no one to save her. Which will be a stark reminder of what she's done to people that she can't call on a single person to be by her side. She will likely call on Jaime to come help her, to save her. And, he, knee-deep in his own mission, one he was sent on by Cersei, in Dorne, which he's realizing was partly a ridiculous cause to take up, as his daughter is, in no way, being ill-treated, or held against her will, will respond exasperatedly at her summon, once again! Ignoring it and her. And she'll feel desperately alone.

In that way, it is interesting to see Cersei's own character arc (backwards).

See, I like that this season, (and Book 5 by extension) placed a lot of importance on the ins and outs of politics. It's all about people having to make tough choices and dealing with the fallout from those choices. I find that interesting. Regarding actions, I tend to zone out during smaller fights, although I like the big epic battle scenes. Especially if ships, space or otherwise, are involved.

I find this season, so far, to be a placeholder season, of sorts. Things are being set up, pieces moved into place, and yes, one needs to see the story and how it's unfolding, the slow build for the climax, to understand how the pieces move into place, but it's too much like exposition, when reading a book.

SHOW, rather than TELL.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe the wights and the Boltons, Lannisters, Targaryans, & Barantheons can all shake hands and go home, or settle things over a quidditch match.

(Whereupon suddenly Braavos reminds them their loans are overdue and thus repossess Westeros. For that is the Game of Thrones: You win or you die... or you go bankrupt and lose everything you have and end up living in the gutter with Cersei)

Let's not forget the nameless women and their big ol' titties, that exist for no other reason than to provide sexploitation!! :happy2:

Well, I did get to see Ramsay's ass this season.

It wasn't a bad ass in itself, but considering what it was attached to... *shudder*

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe the wights and the Boltons, Lannisters, Targaryans, & Barantheons can all shake hands and go home, or settle things over a quidditch match.

The most likely ending probably has something to do with everyone banding together against the wights. Dragons may also be involved.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most likely ending probably has something to do with everyone banding together against the wights. Dragons may also be involved.

Maybe Dany will have to Kill Her Darlings.

You'd think the Wights and Dragons and Stone Men (and Shadow Demon Babies) would realize they'd have the best chance for survival if they banded together against the humans.

I can just see most people getting taken out in the final battle... and then the most ruthless human (if they win) killing off the few other victors on the field and blaming it on the wights.

Or King's Landing gets blown up at the end and there is no more Westeros. The THrone is gone.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can just see most people getting taken out in the final battle... and then the most ruthless human (if they win) killing off the few other victors on the field and blaming it on the wights.

I think the ending won't be entirely bleak and will have some hopeful notes to it. That's just the kind of vibe I'm getting.

Or King's Landing gets blown up at the end and there is no more Westeros. The THrone is gone.

Given the vision Danerys had, it's entirely possible. All this stuff about factions, as fascinating as I find the maneuvering of all the players, might just be entirely irrelevant in the end.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I get an idea of how Cersei will probably go:

Was all this mentioned in the show? I don't remember all the wording in that first episode now. But this is the book quote of the witch's curse here:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I get an idea of how Cersei will probably go:

Was all this mentioned in the show? I don't remember all the wording in that first episode now. But this is the book quote of the witch's curse here: