First 2060686970717280120170 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

More about Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey.

Gleeson was born in Cork....Gleeson is a student of Trinity College, Dublin studying philosophy and theology,[2] ...

Gleeson began acting at the age of seven in the Independent Theatre Workshop.[5] His first roles were in films such as Batman Begins (2005), Shrooms (2007), and A Shine of Rainbows (2009).[6] In 2010, he appeared in a leading role in All Good Children. The reviewer for Variety magazine considered Gleeson "the pic's big discovery".[7]

Gleeson starred as Joffrey Baratheon in the first four seasons of the HBO series Game of Thrones.[8] He cites Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator as an influence on his performance.[9]

....In 2012, Gleeson indicated an intention to retire from acting to pursue an academic career once his work on Game of Thrones was finished.[2] ...Gleeson confirmed his temporary retirement from acting in 2014.[10]
    Didn't know he was in Batman Begins (was he the boy Batman gives something to?), but I can see Commodus coming out in GoT... just turned up another notch.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

About Jaime and Cersei

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Huh, I'm going to have to re-read the books now. I was really shocked and unhappy with that scene because I didn't remember it at all and it really conflicts with my impression of Jaime as a character (from the books, but also from the show until now). Maybe I just skimmed over it. It really does change a lot about his character, I think.

(not really a)

but whatever
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    More about Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey.

Didn't know he was in Batman Begins (was he the boy Batman gives something to?), but I can see Commodus coming out in GoT... just turned up another notch.
    Hahaha yet there were so many jokes about it

He's really cool actually

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Hahaha yet there were so many jokes about it
    I kinda skipped around that video, and he basically looks down and reads from a speech the whole time.

Anyway, I bet it would kinda suck, King Joffrey being your only role and then so many people imprinting that on the actor. Maybe that's not how it works, but I could see it.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I kinda skipped around that video, and he basically looks down and reads from a speech the whole time.

Anyway, I bet it would kinda suck, King Joffrey being your only role and then so many people imprinting that on the actor. Maybe that's not how it works, but I could see it.
    Not a lot different than what Ted Levine probably went through for playing Jame Gumb in SotL...

I'm not surprised he's taking a sabbatical from acting, it makes sense to get detached from the character.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Not a lot different than what Ted Levine probably went through for playing Jame Gumb in SotL...

I'm not surprised he's taking a sabbatical from acting, it makes sense to get detached from the character.
    Or, in an opposite example, Elijah Wood going from a happy little hobbit to the guy that eats your flesh and mounts your head on a wall in Sin City.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Huh, I'm going to have to re-read the books now. I was really shocked and unhappy with that scene because I didn't remember it at all and it really conflicts with my impression of Jaime as a character (from the books, but also from the show until now). Maybe I just skimmed over it. It really does change a lot about his character, I think.
    I don't understand how everyone can so quickly forget what a monster Jaime was. No one remembers that he had a huge hand in

but whatever
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Uh... I think what you're referring to:
    - Tyrion was taken captive by Caitlyn, under threat of death -- an attack on House Lannister.
    - Jaime was part of the Kingsguard and came after Ned to find out what happened.
    - Ned took the rap and said Tyrion was taken on his orders.
    - Jaime attacked him and killed his men. This spurs Ned to attack.
    - Jaime and Ned fight.
    - One of Jaime's men stabs Ned's leg from behind, which is cowardly. Jaime knocks the guard out and lets Ned live, and tells him to return Tyrion.

I don't necessarily think the fight you are quoting is a sign of "evil" on Jaime's part. Not the most civil, but still ruled by some degree of honor and family loyalty.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't understand how everyone can so quickly forget what a monster Jaime was. No one remembers that he had a huge hand in

I agree that Jaime was always an amoral character, but I think the issue with that scene is the fact that so many do see it as ambiguous in the first place, which suggests something about the perception of those people or perhaps how that scene was portrayed.

But a lot of people like their characters to be clearly outlined in their moral codes. Jamie isn't, but it is jarring how contrasted and heavy handed those scenes make him appear.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.