Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Re: Jaime and Cersei

I had forgotten that detail but you're right.

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    There is no excuse for rape. The end. I don't even need to justify that.
    I totes agree. Rape is like, sooo wrong!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Riva

I liked the fact that tywin didn't give a fuck about the incident and spoke infront of cersi to her second son as though nothing happened.

I didn't enjoy the rape scene mainly because he has become a better character in the last season and that was like taking one step back.

However there could be other interpretations and i would probably be able to come up with a few.

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I liked the fact that tywin didn't give a fuck about the incident and spoke infront of cersi to her second son as though nothing happened.

I didn't enjoy the rape scene mainly because he has become a better character in the last season and that was like taking one step back.

However there could be other interpretations and i would probably be able to come up with a few.
    Lol @ tywin.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute.

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.
    Sanza sucks. Haha, she remains one of the most unremarkable characters. Her only redeeming quality, is that most of her family has been brutally murdered.

She's simple, ideological, a PAINFULLY slow learner, and pretty much embodies the wholly unrealistic expectations sheltered, spoiled women have of men (ok, she's slowly starting to figure this out).

She's FINALLY learning that the world isn't all flowers and wedding rings and knights in shining armor (more like drunken Knights-turned King's jester, saving her for gold and gold alone). While I have felt sorry for her, and it has been good to see her bring out Tyrion's best colors (ironic that he begins to treat her more like the knights of her dreams than any real knight), she's still painfully simple. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's been through the wringer, and she really never developed any cunning powers and shouldn't be expected to do anything daring. She plays the part of terrified prey, whose life could be snuffed out by the Lannisters at any moment.

But good god! She's slow!

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Sanza sucks. Haha, she remains one of the most unremarkable characters. Her only redeeming quality, is that most of her family has been brutally murdered.

She's simple, ideological, a PAINFULLY slow learner, and pretty much embodies the wholly unrealistic expectations sheltered, spoiled women have of men (ok, she's slowly starting to figure this out).

She's FINALLY learning that the world isn't all flowers and wedding rings and knights in shining armor (more like drunken Knights-turned King's jester, saving her for gold and gold alone). While I have felt sorry for her, and it has been good to see her bring out Tyrion's best colors (ironic that he begins to treat her more like the knights of her dreams than any real knight), she's still painfully simple. I mean, don't get me wrong, she's been through the wringer, and she really never developed any cunning powers and shouldn't be expected to do anything daring. She plays the part of terrified prey, whose life could be snuffed out by the Lannisters at any moment.

But good god! She's slow!
    yeah. She's slow to the point of being frustrating. It's why I did not like her in the first season. And she was behaving like any other typical teenage conventional girl, I've seen the same kind of personality before in teenage females.

But for all your criticisms, they don't address at all any positive qualities I mentioned. They are separate things. it sounds like you're capable of viewing things through only your own lens, which seems remarkably short-sighted for someone with your breadth of perception.

ironically, I also think the simple-mindedness is what is keeping her alive. She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

But for all your criticisms, they don't address at all any positive qualities I mentioned. They are separate things. it sounds like you're capable of viewing things through only your own lens, which seems remarkably short-sighted for someone with your breadth of perception.
    Which ones? Honest, dignified, compassionate to Tyrion? Well it took her long enough to realize Tyrion was not her enemy, though somewhat understandable as the Lannisters slaughtered her family and he is a Lannister. I suppose it's more of a case of me not really focusing on her that much. I don't know if you can tell or not, but I find characters like The Hound much more interesting :P

Yeah, she's kept her pain buried deep in order to survive, which can't be easy. And few have been as tormented by him as her. But I kinda wished she'd shoved Joffrey off the bridge way back in season 1.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.
    To be honest I don't think most people have skills at court intrigue. If anything the more major characters apart from Sanza are all other-worldly and exaggerated to some degree, although that's part of what makes fiction so appealing.

I recently found myself sympathising with her character more in regards to her apparent slowness, once I realised that it was easy for me to judge her actions and perceive those things she appears to miss, while I was removed from the situation and possessing the information I, (and other viewers), do. If those situations were in my life I have no delusions about how slow I might be under that kind of emotional strain.

Although I agree she was spoiled and sheltered to begin with. You have a good point about her being disregarded and how it has kept her alive.

Perhaps I relate somewhat....being disregarded has kept me alive as well. Inadequacy can be a wonderful, if unintentional, survival skill.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I don't know if you can tell or not, but I find characters like The Hound much more interesting :P
    Of course, I suspect many might say the same. Sanza is more like an actual person and so isn't as interesting. When I watch fiction I don't want to be reminded about my own reality, after all.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Ginkgo

yeah. She's slow to the point of being frustrating. It's why I did not like her in the first season. And she was behaving like any other typical teenage conventional girl, I've seen the same kind of personality before in teenage females.

ironically, I also think the simple-mindedness is what is keeping her alive. She has no skills at court intrigue and is thus not seen as a threat (except until now when some try to pin the recent death on her... which anyone which half a brain knows she is not crafty enough to carry out). Most people are prone to disregard her.
    Every time Sansa enters the scene, I find myself on the edge of my seat, hoping to see some redeemable qualities slip through. In any other case, I would probably have disdain for her, which is why I think her character does such a good job of distinctly highlighting the fact that people often judge others by what they've suffered and experienced, no matter how myopic or frustrating they are.