User Tag List

Page 66 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones!

MBTI
    STFU

well after this latest episode nobody should be confused about
    The white walker scene at the end was dope. in the books not much of the magic of the walkers is divulged, but i had read in some interview with GRRM that he discussed how the white walkers operated with the shows creators. i'm glad they are bringing that to light this season and even more excited they introduced the Night's King(!) who is only talked about in the books.

book spoiler:
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

game-of-thrones-rape/
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

About the last episode:

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I wish the spoiler tag worked on iSpy. Still unwillingly reading the spoilers.

Default GoT Summary

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Uuuugghhhghghghgh.. Seriously, I wish people would get over themselves. This article just twists my panties all in a wad. No one bitches except me about how
    Yet show a girl in a fucked up relationship doing something fucked up and everyone flips their shit about how someones degrading some victim somewhere. I'm so tired of constant victim mentalities. Yes yes, We all know, rape is super wrong and whatever. Like, pretty much 90% of the things the people do in this show are morally WRONG. She's in a twisted relationship, she's a twisted person, and she tries to have her own brother killed.. but sure, let's all just cry about the rape.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Array statuesquechica's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

^I agree
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Uuuugghhhghghghgh.. Seriously, I wish people would get over themselves. This article just twists my panties all in a wad. No one bitches except me about how
    Yet show a girl in a fucked up relationship doing something fucked up and everyone flips their shit about how someones degrading some victim somewhere. I'm so tired of constant victim mentalities. Yes yes, We all know, rape is super wrong and whatever. Like, pretty much 90% of the things the people do in this show are morally WRONG. She's in a twisted relationship, she's a twisted person, and she tries to have her own brother killed.. but sure, let's all just cry about the rape.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was laughing at how big Tommen's eyes got during that scene -- he was like a little kid in a candy store, who had no idea what candy was exactly but had heard it was something wonderful.

Also... Lady Olenna, oh my. I am very much pleased.

And yeah, I'm confused over who Jaime is. He hasn't shown a lot of consistency of character, and I think that is what is confusing. When something isn't consistent, then you're left wondering what the writers intended... and suddenly people have some really negative views of what the writers might have been intending. Case in point: After THAT episode, suddenly in Oathkeeper, he's a decent human being again? If he's got dark sides like that, they should filter in elsewhere, and his good stuff should filter as well in the darker scenes; right now he seems like Jeckyl/Hyde.

Still, that scene with him and Brienne was very moving. What IS up between them? But... he did a really great thing, and her naming the sword was something great back.

Oh, and I recognized where I had seen Burn Gorman (Karl Tanner, the rebel Crow) before -- in Pacific Rim, playing Gottlieb. He has a very distinctive lower face / jawline.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was laughing at how big Tommen's eyes got during that scene -- he was like a little kid in a candy store, who had no idea what candy was exactly but had heard it was something wonderful.
    Ha, yeah, that was funny. And to your earlier post,

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Still, that scene with him and Brienne was very moving. What IS up between them?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.