User Tag List

First 1555636465666775115165 Last

OMEGUELLE, DIS IS LIEK, MAI FAVS TV SHOW EVAH!!111!!11!!!111ONEOENOENEN1ELEVEN!11!!
    Even got sum nu ink
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did anyone realize that Targaryen is an anagram for "tangy rear"?

Tywin Lannister = "Transiently win"
    Ned Stark = "End Stark"
    Theon Greyjoy = "Enjoy the Orgy"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did anyone realize that Targaryen is an anagram for "tangy rear"?

Tywin Lannister = "Transiently win"
    Ned Stark = "End Stark"
    Theon Greyjoy = "Enjoy the Orgy"
    That really fits. Well, it did anyway.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Ginkgo

About the Hound:

@Ginkgo

I also have to say about Joffrey -- he had softened up a bit there while courting Margaery, and I found it less easy to hate him. So I'm really glad he stepped things up at the Royal Wedding; the way he treated not just Tyrion but also Sansa was absolutely loathsome. Even Tywin looked rather put off by the whole bit.

God, that was terrible. Sam means well, but... sigh.
    The Hound remains one of the most likable characters because even in his brutishness, he proves to be reliable. His scars constantly remind the audience of the tragedies that transpire in this world, even though he has no choice but to be unfazed by them. That's how his character functions. When everyone else is fixated on ambition, he maintains power over his own life by surviving apolitically and recognizing the limits of mortality. Even though I haven't read the books, I think Arya's going to be the chink in his armor when he (in all likelihood) dies. If that happens, it will suck.

As for Joffrey - honestly it's almost like the only person who wouldn't be suspect of his murder would be his mother if we were to guess with only motivations in mind. So at that point, the only factors you could use to deduce who done it would be the amount of power the suspects possess. Littlefinger has been far enough removed not to have any traces of crippling Stockholm Syndrome or fear. But I don't think he's the only person involved.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

I finally got around to buying the second and third season. I’ve read the books, all though that was before his decade long hiatus. I will probably end up rereading them.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Last night was weird. My husband was as clueless as I was by the end! Perhaps an end of the tyranny of the readers?

He doesn't strike me as the rapey type, nor as someone who would kill a person for no good reason. Like @johnnyyukon said, he's only violent in response to threats, and neither Arya or Sansa poses one. And nah, I don't think he's "evil" either. More amoral than immoral.

I think his softness towards both of them is because Sansa is pretty much pure and innocent, and while Arya isn't exactly innocent, I think The Hound respects her for her honesty and adherence to her conscience. His extremely cynical outlook stems partly from the great hypocrisy of knights who betray the code they've sworn to live by. He doesn't live up to his honor as a knight either, but he readily admits to not being a true knight. I think he's protective of Sansa because he recognizes her innocence, while his relationship with Arya is based more on the respect he has for her moral integrity. The Stark children are both free from the corruption and pretense he absolutely loathes.

Which, I guess, is evidence of some level of conscience. What I originally wrote of him might just have been a knee jerk contrarian response, or something. Lol.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    ... More amoral than immoral.
    I agree with that. I like what @Ginkgo said too.

I think his softness towards both of them is because Sansa is pretty much pure and innocent, and while Arya isn't exactly innocent, I think The Hound respects her for her honesty and adherence to her conscience. His extremely cynical outlook stems partly from the great hypocrisy of knights who betray the code they've sworn to live by. He doesn't live by his knight's honor either, but he readily admits to not being a true knight. I think he's protective of Sansa because he recognizes her innocence, while his relationship with Arya is based more on the respect he has for her moral integrity. The Stark children are both free from the corruption and pretense he absolutely loathes.
    Good insights. I hope they maintain his character consistently... but I have no idea where plot-wise they are going with either him or Arya right now... except she will probably make a connection at Bravos at some point using that coin.

I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute.

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, and how many sausage jokes do you think GoT can get away with at Theon's expense before the fans sicken of them?

Just curious. The cut-scene editing is particularly merciless.

And I didn't watch the current episode yet (I see them the day after). Did it reveal who killed Joffrey yet? Just curious. I know who wanted Sansa, but so many people benefited from seeing Joffrey dead. The only people I'm sure didn't kill him were his mother Cersei and his uncle Tyrion.

(I also suspect that, based on his more conservative approach, Varys wasn't involved either. He just listens to the birds, he doesn't ransack the henhouse.)

I guess Sansa's abduction and the murder were by the same person? The Fool did know that she needed to escape when she did, so... The thing is I just didn't see who had access to the glass on the table... unless it was the pie that killed him?

Then again, maybe the Fool and his boss knew of the plot but were just capitalizing on it. Lady Whassername was the closest to the goblet. Margaery was feeding him the pie... but Margaery wanted to be Queen and wouldn't have offed him until after it was official, if she were involved. And Oberyn Martell of course was fingered by the show, which means he's not the one... is he?

I also occasionally wonder whether Tywin planned it, since Joffrey was a disaster and the Hand couldn't quite keep his thumb on him. We know that Tywin is most concerned about the FAMILY dominating. Joffrey threatened the family. Tywin also sees the other grandson Tommen as far more malleable and is educating him properly on how to be a wise king. I wouldn't be surprised if Tywin was involved; he really was watching Joffrey quite carefully in many of the last episodes, unreadable as Joffrey would act out. I am sure Tywin found Joffrey shameful.

---

Another point of interest:

The books are The Song of Ice and Fire

Sansa = Stanza
    Arya = Aria

Any other names that translate easily into musical ones?

I also will say I really did not like Sansa in Season 1 -- she was everything that can be wrong with privileged proper princesses, and her head was in the clouds. I feel bad that her whole life caved in, but it wrought a remarkable change in her even if it also crushed her for a long time. She's never been crafty, or overly manipulative, she seems kind of slow and simple and lacking insight at times, and she can be envious; but she also maintained her dignity in an emotionally devastating situation, and I liked seeing her start to joke around with Tyrion a bit in the last few episodes. She also showed great sympathy for him when Joffrey kicked the cup under the table. And that little moment when Joffrey dumped her, where she thought no one was looking? It was very cute.

I think she is showing some strength of character in there, it just takes her longer to reach certain insights; I think she is remarkably loyal and dignified, personality-wise, and honest.
    I found her uninteresting in the beginning too, but her story gets way more interesting after the Purple Wedding. One of my favorite moments in the whole series is from her point of view towards the end of the third book/fourth season.

And yeah, she has many of the good traits of her parents, like Ned's honesty and Cat's ability to keep on walking even if she's going through Hell.

Another point of interest:

The books are The Song of Ice and Fire

Sansa = Stanza
    Arya = Aria

Any other names that translate easily into musical ones?
    Baratheon = Baryton