User Tag List

First 1353616263646573113163 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I guessed it right before I watched this last episode.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just saw "The Lion and the Rose."

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

HAHAHAHAHAHA

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just saw "The Lion and the Rose."
    Goodness. Little excitable? Granted, it's understandable.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry.
    Couldn't help myself.

----

Caught up now. Only took me 11 days to watch them all.

About the Hound:

@Ginkgo

I also have to say about Joffrey -- he had softened up a bit there while courting Margaery, and I found it less easy to hate him. So I'm really glad he stepped things up at the Royal Wedding; the way he treated not just Tyrion but also Sansa was absolutely loathsome. Even Tywin looked rather put off by the whole bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Sam totally saved Gilly from being raped by sending her to a brothel!
    God, that was terrible. Sam means well, but... sigh.

Re: The Hound:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

lots of discussion earlier about character ages in comparison to the books.

The question for me is, how much of the TV show is literally based on the books in that regards? Daenyres might only be 13 when she has sex with Drogo in the book; the actress cast is much older, but that would not resolve the issue with the character having sex on TV at such a young age, so maybe the show actually increased the ages in the story itself, for its own purposes? Likewise, maybe casting older actors for some of the roles (like Robb?) means he's not 16 in the TV show, even if he was in the book? It's unclear. But this type of translation happens all the time. Robb seems written as far older than 16 in his intellectual capabilities in the show.

I see the whole debacle at the Twins stemming mainly from Rob making a few errors that did not seem fatal at the time but in the world he actually lives in positioned him to be very vulnerable, and his enemies exploited that. One of them is commented on in the show ("You lost the war as soon as you married [Talisa].") That marriage was a huge bartering chip to seal an alliance, and Robb threw it away. Another was his broken vow to Lord Frey, who already was kind of unpredictable, stubborn, and provided him with a service that he was reluctant to offer at first; and Robb took it SO lightly, even when he formally offered an apology. Another was the execution of the Lord who murdered two Lannister hostages, in such a complicated situation, against the wishes of every one of his advisors on the matter and a prediction of what would happen -- leaving him vulnerable to needing more men, thus needing to deal with Lord Frey. And a final mistake was simply trusting that the old rituals would matter in a time when the entire land was in upheaval and his enemies so desperate.

Small mistakes, and another enemy might have not taken advantage of them or played more conservatively... but he was dealing with Tywin Lannister.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The more I think about it, Charles Dance has been a delight.
    I agree with that. I really don't like Tywin as a person, but as a character he seems to be everything he's cracked up to be. Dance conveys him wonderfully.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I also have to say about Joffrey -- he had softened up a bit there while courting Margaery, and I found it less easy to hate him. So I'm really glad he stepped things up at the Royal Wedding; the way he treated not just Tyrion but also Sansa was absolutely loathsome. Even Tywin looked rather put off by the whole bit.
    To give credit where credit's due, Margery is like a freaking psychotic evil King whisperer.