• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know the casting for Season 5 has focused on Dorn a great deal and I haven't heard much about the other locations.

With them being locked into ten hours, I'm not sure how much time they have to focus on everything and we're in the stage where certain things might start getting cut if not completely essential to plot. I'm not familiar with the book text though.

The focus on last season's insane-crazy fight suggests they will focus this season on the political fallout from that -- and I have no idea what they're doing with the power vacuum in Westeros now.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not a big fan of the Bran storyline either, nor Jon Snow's to be honest, I find them somewhat boring.

The Bran storyline in the book was a lot more interesting... it delved into the magic a lot more. Much of that stuff was removed. Jojen isn't that interesting in the show, but he was more fleshed out in the book.

But I agree that it's mostly pretty boring on the show. And the sudden appearance of the Child of the Forest at the end of last season seems really random, whereas they were mentioned in the books long before one actually showed up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Bran storyline in the book was a lot more interesting... it delved into the magic a lot more. Much of that stuff was removed. Jojen isn't that interesting in the show, but he was more fleshed out in the book.

But I agree that it's mostly pretty boring on the show. And the sudden appearance of the Child of the Forest at the end of last season seems really random, whereas they were mentioned in the books long before one actually showed up.

Thanks for all the info. Yeah, honestly, the show really hasn't done much with Bran, it's all rather flat. And Jojen seemed like a "nice" character but nothing was ever really done with him either. When I learned a bit of the backstory between the Reeds and the Starks, that gave some more depth to their traveling together.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for all the info. Yeah, honestly, the show really hasn't done much with Bran, it's all rather flat. And Jojen seemed like a "nice" character but nothing was ever really done with him either. When I learned a bit of the backstory between the Reeds and the Starks, that gave some more depth to their traveling together.

Bran's chapters North of the wall had this really spooky vibe to them that the show didn't capture well.... they didn't include Bran's cannibalism, for instance!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cold Hands, Stone Heart?

:smile:

(What about Hot Feet?)

Nicodemus

Thought this piece about the heritage of another character on the show (who is not Jon Snow) was interesting and actually has some credibility, although I haven't the read the books and thus am not aware of any conflicting details that might exist.

There's Another "Game Of Thrones" Theory And It Changes Everything
There are counter-arguments to be made to almost all pro-arguments, but it is not impossible. Personally, though, I doubt it. Not to spoiler too much, but there is yet another (and better) candidate for the third dragon.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are counter-arguments to be made to almost all pro-arguments, but it is not impossible. Personally, though, I doubt it. Not to spoiler too much, but there is yet another (and better) candidate for the third dragon.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3-memes-got-lannister-selfie.jpg

26-memes-got-tyrion-bieber.jpg

30-memes-got-jon-snow-grumpy-cat.jpg

36-memes-got-jon-snow-mother.jpg

32-memes-got-grrm-jkrowling.jpg

The 30 Best Game of Thrones Memes :: TV :: Galleries :: Paste

Raffaella

bon vivant
My friend has read the books but refuses to watch the series because of the nudity... the books are more explicit, though. :mellow:

I don't understand.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friend has read the books but refuses to watch the series because of the nudity... the books are more explicit, though. :mellow:

I don't understand.

The nudity itself seems to be the least of issues to get offended about, if one is going to be honest.

The violence and the treatment of women would seem likely to generate more reaction.

Nicodemus

The nudity itself seems to be the least of issues to get offended about, if one is going to be honest.

The violence and the treatment of women would seem likely to generate more reaction.
In the land of the (white, male) free and the home of the (armed) brave? Nah.

Beorn

Permabanned

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My daughter told me recently that her tolerance for graphic stuff is much higher in book form, since she's making the images herself. But she said when she told her friend that, her friend said "But you can't look away! You're stuck reading the whole thing!" :)

Raffaella

bon vivant

That's my frustration, this show has been around for four years and people are still complaining about the nudity. There are more valid criticisms, I wish they'd get over it.

Anyway, Watchers on the Wall made LOTR and Narnia (films) look like kids play, I actually liked that episode more than the season final.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That's my frustration, this show has been around for four years and people are still complaining about the nudity. There are more valid criticisms, I wish they'd get over it.

Anyway, Watchers on the Wall made LOTR and Narnia (films) look like kids play, I actually liked that episode more than the season final.

Exactly, besides nipples, for example, aren't going to get less nipply because someone wants them to, the essential nippleness is still going to shine through.