User Tag List

Page 55 of 192 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

  1. #541
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    on a slightly unrelated note, last year, 146 american girls were named Khaleesi.
    I plan to name any future kids after some of his characters, I was planning on giving a future son a second or third name which is actually a character from Fevre Dream, which is a non-GOT/SFI title by GRR Martin, its my favourite book next to Drawing The Dark which isnt by GRR Martin.

  2. #542
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    My friend named her new kitten Khaleesi. She's a holy terror.

  3. #543
    Senior Member Array Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,715

    Default

    I find it a bit annoying, because it reveals shallowness. People who name their daughter 'Khaleesi' must have missed that it is a rank, not a name, meaning that although they have not even paid sufficent attention to the TV series to know that much, they still insist on pretending to be interested in the stories. Who names their daughter 'Queen'? Even 'North' is a better choice.

  4. #544
    HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    7,938

    Default

    I think giving them a middle name like that is acceptable. But having it as a first name seems unfair. Poor Kal-El Cage.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  5. #545
    HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    7,938

    Default

    They just cast my favorite character, Oberyn Martell.(Very minor spoilers)

    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3159476.story

    Good casting.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  6. #546
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I find it a bit annoying, because it reveals shallowness. People who name their daughter 'Khaleesi' must have missed that it is a rank, not a name, meaning that although they have not even paid sufficent attention to the TV series to know that much, they still insist on pretending to be interested in the stories. Who names their daughter 'Queen'? Even 'North' is a better choice.
    In certain cultures giving a rank as a name is quite common. King, Queen, Prince etc are a few of the most common of them. Infact even in certain Western cultures names such as those aren't rare.

  7. #547
    HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    7,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    In certain cultures giving a rank as a name is quite common. King, Queen, Prince etc are a few of the most common of them. Infact even in certain Western cultures names such as those aren't rare.


    Could just be a stage name though.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  8. #548
    Senior Member Array Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,715

    Default


  9. #549
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Red Wedding=Holy Shitballs

    New season in April. So there.

  10. #550
    Blind Guardian Array Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    They just cast my favorite character, Oberyn Martell.(Very minor spoilers)

    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3159476.story

    Good casting.
    Oh I'm so glad he's in this season
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 07:58 AM
  2. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 04:39 AM
  3. Which Game of Thrones character are you?
    By Within in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM
  4. If you've read/watched A Game of Thrones..
    By Wanderer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
  5. According to Erm the best show of all time is 'Game of Thrones'
    By Kimchitasi in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •