User Tag List

First 343515253545563103153 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Just going to put this in a spoiler - it's speculation, but touches on the general topic in MSG's spoiler...

You and I are clearly on the same wavelength. That's been my opinion except for your musings on Jon's parentage. I just recently came across that theory, and haven't decided what I think of it. But its been somewhat clear to me for a little while that getting the two of them together was the way things seemed to be heading the whole time.

One of my favorite parts of the story is how the vast majority of Westeros and Essos are all wrapped up in the comings and goings and petty battles of their lords and ladies, while there is this whole bigger fight brewing with winter coming.

Part of me hopes that they are still fighting amongst each other when the winter comes and they get overwhelmed for a bit before they (inevitably) unite to deal with the bigger threat.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You and I are clearly on the same wavelength. That's been my opinion except for your musings on Jon's parentage. I just recently came across that theory, and haven't decided what I think of it. But its been somewhat clear to me for a little while that getting the two of them together was the way things seemed to be heading the whole time.

One of my favorite parts of the story is how the vast majority of Westeros and Essos are all wrapped up in the comings and goings and petty battles of their lords and ladies, while there is this whole bigger fight brewing with winter coming.

Part of me hopes that they are still fighting amongst each other when the winter comes and they get overwhelmed for a bit before they (inevitably) unite to deal with the bigger threat.
    Regarding last night, did anyone realize that it featured a dick in a box?

Speculation... however, many of this stuff is based on things that were already featured by this point in the books, and the show may choose to introduce later on.

I was surprised that they set up Stannis heading North this early.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't remember if that was the same guy or not.
    He has longer hair, but it is the same actor.

As for the ice and fire thing, I believe it simply stands for the forces of the dragons (fire) and the Others (ice). There are three dragons, all of which need to be flown by someone. I believe the people flying them will be in the same camp rather than in opposing ones.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I really loved the role of the ould Irish guy in the show this week, the guy who has only recently learned to read with the assistance of the wee lass who has the dragon looking scales on her face, I wasnt very sure about this guy because he has made what would appear to be poor(ish) choices in the past and continues to support that dick face I dont like who is in league with the witch.

Although I really, really liked the fact that he's continued to say that he's not a fan of sorcery and hasnt been so easily swayed by signs and wonders into believing what the witch believes, even if he thinks that Gods are just stories to get frightened children through the night, I absolutely loved the fact that when everyone was doing this fucked up kind of moral calculation saying what is one life in the balance against millions and stuff like that that he was answering "everything" and nailed his colours to the mast by taking the young boy they were fixing to sacrifice out and putting him in a boat, it wasnt all talk.

I also liked the fact that the little one was able to sneak the knife from your big guy and went and stabbed up the asshole who was boasting about offing her brother, that debt isnt paid in full but I think its something after the shock of last week and that stunt they pulled with the corpse and the pigs head this week. Like I've said before if I'd been Robb Stark I'd have massacred that old ass wipe for dissing my wife instead of getting taken out like a bum at the feast. He was too nice as it turned out, just like Ned.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I really loved the role of the ould Irish guy in the show this week, the guy who has only recently learned to read with the assistance of the wee lass who has the dragon looking scales on her face, I wasnt very sure about this guy because he has made what would appear to be poor(ish) choices in the past and continues to support that dick face I dont like who is in league with the witch.

Although I really, really liked the fact that he's continued to say that he's not a fan of sorcery and hasnt been so easily swayed by signs and wonders into believing what the witch believes, even if he thinks that Gods are just stories to get frightened children through the night, I absolutely loved the fact that when everyone was doing this fucked up kind of moral calculation saying what is one life in the balance against millions and stuff like that that he was answering "everything" and nailed his colours to the mast by taking the young boy they were fixing to sacrifice out and putting him in a boat, it wasnt all talk.

I also liked the fact that the little one was able to sneak the knife from your big guy and went and stabbed up the asshole who was boasting about offing her brother, that debt isnt paid in full but I think its something after the shock of last week and that stunt they pulled with the corpse and the pigs head this week. Like I've said before if I'd been Robb Stark I'd have massacred that old ass wipe for dissing my wife instead of getting taken out like a bum at the feast. He was too nice as it turned out, just like Ned.
    They haven't had enough time to characterize Stannis properly. While he is a stubborn boor sometimes, you get to see just how true to his code and honorable his is in the books. Daavos (the irish guy you mention) is almost a lowborn version of Stannis that doesn't take his stubbornness to such extremes.

I wish they had done a better job of explaining the past between Daavos and Stannis because that story really sets the stage for telling you what both men are all about.

On the (maybe not so) bright side, without Catlyn and Robb and Talisa hogging screen time, we might get to spend a little bit more screen time and characterize some of the (seemingly until now) ancillary characters.

Daavos does rule, and the guy they got to play him has done a cracking job in my book thus far.

Yeah, Stannis has a kind of dour uprightness in the books that the show has completely failed to capture so far.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The more I think about it, Charles Dance has been a delight.

Tywin, at least thus far, has to go down as one of the most Gangster motherfuckers ever.

And he hasn't even read the books.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    And he hasn't even read the books.
    What do you think of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's portrayal or Jaime?

He did a good job with the first two seasons for me, but with the growth in opportunities for Jaime as a character this season (in A Storm of Swords) Waldau has certainly risen to the challenge marvelously.

I look forward to see how he does moving forward.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

What do you guys think of Roose Bolton? He looks different than I imagined him from the books, but I think the actor's got the quiet demeanor underlying the cruelty down pretty well.

Can't wait to see him take a larger role in future seasons.

I'm also glad that I called the Walder Frey/ Roose Bolton scene. That's one of my favorite things about the show, when they add conversations like that between characters we never see interact with each other in the book.

I wanted to see the Dreadfort, stronghold of House Bolton, on the opening credits map, but I'm assuming that will show up in future seasons. Replacing Winterfell, perhaps?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78